Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting along

Spoiler:
    SO the lucian alliance gates in and starts tkaing hostages adn maybe even killing a few.

My question is, why cant us and the Lucian alliance just work together to uncover the secrets of destiny, i mean they are all trapped there now so why cant they just work together, i know that the Lucian alliance is a bunch of thugs but you think there would be a better way than just killing everyone from earth who have been studying it a lot longer and rather than starting over from scratch for themselves. i mean this is supposed to be for the betterment of humanity but whos to say that cant include all humans in the stargate universe which would include the Lucian alliance.

please discuss

cause getting along doesn't add any drama to the series.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Because we are at war with the Lucian Alliance
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Because we are at war with the Lucian Alliance
        and we have the means to end that war back in the milky way galaxy ..... you would think earth would do it.

Comment

Do we really need to bother with spoiler tags still? The episode has aired and as such I'd assume someone opening a thread has already seen it or doesn't mind being spoiled. I'm rather new here and the spoiler rules are much stranger than any other fan site I've been to, so if I should be using spoiler tags in this kind of thread, someone yell at me.

On the subject of the thread. As someone said, we're at war with the Alliance. If the Alliance wants to be involved in the kinds of projects the SGC might work on, then there are channels to follow to become involved. Teal'C was once an enemy, but through right action was welcomed (though coldly at first) into the inner circle of the SGC. And that's just the most obvious example.

As it is, the LA is attacking Destiny, so the crew is defending her. Destiny is the good guys' 'Earth away from Earth,' so to speak. It's the only home they've known for several months, and as such are defending her vigorously--just the same as they defended her from the BAs.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I think some individuals may manage to get along but if the are "Lucian Alliance" and not just "people that happened to end up with the Lucian Alliance", I don't think they'll live long on the Destiny, not after what's happened
            Last edited by xxxevilgrinxxx; 13 June 2010, 07:05 PM.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by brian_177 View Post
              Do we really need to bother with spoiler tags still? The episode has aired and as such I'd assume someone opening a thread has already seen it or doesn't mind being spoiled. I'm rather new here and the spoiler rules are much stranger than any other fan site I've been to, so if I should be using spoiler tags in this kind of thread, someone yell at me.
              Yes. Not everyone lives in the US and Canada and has seen Incurison II. Entering the General SGU folder is for all fans of SGU irregardless of where they are in their viewing of SGU so spoilers tages are a most in this folder until said episode ends in US syndication
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by brian_177 View Post

On the subject of the thread. As someone said, we're at war with the Alliance. If the Alliance wants to be involved in the kinds of projects the SGC might work on, then there are channels to follow to become involved. Teal'C was once an enemy, but through right action was welcomed (though coldly at first) into the inner circle of the SGC. And that's just the most obvious example.

As it is, the LA is attacking Destiny, so the crew is defending her. Destiny is the good guys' 'Earth away from Earth,' so to speak. It's the only home they've known for several months, and as such are defending her vigorously--just the same as they defended her from the BAs.
                tags are to be used till the series completes it's first run in us syndication

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  and we have the means to end that war back in the milky way galaxy ..... you would think earth would do it.
                  Do we?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I did get the sense that i think it was varro who got shot and TJ patched him and her LA assistant were kind of not that into completely taking control because they seemed to be somewhat not as hardcore takeover as some of the other people like the person who took over command after kiva got shot and quickly decided to just go ahead and execute all the military personnel

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Do we?
                      I suppose Pharaoh Atem was referring to our BC-304's with uber Asgard beam weapons that can shred Goa'uld motherships like incriminating documents.

Perfecto!

Comment

I actually think it would be easier for the LA to wipe us out to be honest. All they'd have to do is turn up in a few cloaked cargo ships and drop some nukes off, there wouldn't be much we could do about it, which makes me think we might not be in all-out war with them.

Comment

Why we can't get along? Young gave the LA a chance to surrender peacefully without bloodshed. Their response attack, take hostages, then start executing said hostages. The LA didn't want to 'get along with us'

Unless you consider Kiva's 'disarm and surrender to us' a valid peaceful solution. The LA are pirates, you can't trust them. Every agrement or promise the LA have made they've broken. Their thieves, murderers, thugs, and who knows what other horrible things. The fact that Young surrendered his people to their 'mercy' is downright criminal. Young would have been better off killing his people than surrendering them to the hell the LA are going to put them through.
                          sigpic
                          Doci of the BAG

Comment

They cant get along with each other and you expect them to get along with their enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                              They cant get along with each other and you expect them to get along with their enemy?
                              Exactly. The military and civillians are just starting to work together and they had a mutiny. Put a bunch of enemy pirates onboard...

You know I just thought of something. Season 1 was all about the civies and military learning together. Season 2 will seem to be about the Taur'i and LA learning to work together. So Season 3 humans and aliens will have to work together? Season 4 organics and machines will have to learn together. Season 5... non-ascended beings and ascended beings having to work together? I think I've figured out the SGU plot formula.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                              X