Same character or just same actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same character or just same actor?

I noticed that the LA guy who T.J. stitched up looks remarkably similar to the runner that the team in stargate atlantis 'ran' into (lol) - the one who kidnapped dr. keller so that she would look after the little girl.
    Any thoughts?

Yes its the same dude, actually if I remember right, he was in the LA from SG-1 aswell, as another character, however, there is still speculations that hes undercover as another person, but he is the same guy from SG-1, so, a double undercover cross show agent, err, dude?

Blurry writing, need, sleep.
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Canada has a small acting pool
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Or the Milky Way's gene pool is smaller than we thought. Vala could have been onto something, you know!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Still seems pretty random and silly to have him play a Lucian Alliance guy when he already played a Lucian Alliance guy, the one who killed Netan no less.

Comment

I do not think it is possible for the character to be the one from Atlantis' Tracker since as far as we know the LA have not been apart of the Pegasus Galaxy. The character also had a history in Pegasus as being a runner from the Wraith . I therefore think that the actor is playing another character from the one in Atlantis.
            Last edited by smart; 12 June 2010, 06:53 PM.
            Abbas Karimjee
            www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
            The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
              Still seems pretty random and silly to have him play a Lucian Alliance guy when he already played a Lucian Alliance guy, the one who killed Netan no less.
              Who ever said he was Lucian Alliance? Wasn't he just a bounty hunter?
              sigpic

Comment

This character seems to be very different than the bounty hunter in SG-1 so I imagine it's not supposed to be him. It's not like there haven't been 3 different people from across the universe who seem to look remarkably similar to each other in the 3 shows but this seems especially noticeable.

At least it's not like that time Carter and Weir manage to date the same person.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by el capitain View Post
                  I noticed that the LA guy who T.J. stitched up looks remarkably similar to the runner that the team in stargate atlantis 'ran' into (lol) - the one who kidnapped dr. keller so that she would look after the little girl.
                  Any thoughts?
                  their kidnapped him and brainwashed him
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I actually think he played 4 people now. Varro, the runner, the bounty hunter, and some Russian guy in one of the SG-1 episodes.

Comment

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ruslan_Chernovshev
                      http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Odai_Ventrell
                      http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Kiryk
                      http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Varro

^ This is damn funny if you ask me

The guy has more faces than B.A.G.
                      sigpic

Comment

You know what? I hope this guy dies on the show and doesn't show up for anymore episodes. 'Cause seriously, we're getting these threads weekly as long as Mike Dopud remains on the show.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Mike Dopud is awesome, I hope he stays since this show is made that much more awesome by having a Quebec-born actor in it . As much as I would have liked him to be playing Ventrell, it wouldn't have made sense for him to be an underling to someone we had never heard of before. I still think Ventrell never joined the alliance and simply collected a very big bounty, or maybe even got killed by one of the lieutenants.

But I agree that he's played a lot of characters in the franchise, maybe too many for someone with such a unique face. At least Brody's previous SG-1 character wasn't very memorable, neither was Volker's.

Comment

They couldve use any other actor for that role but decided to hire Mike Dopud, a guy that just happened to play a bounty hunter who actually had dealings with the LA before. That Sg1 episode was not 10 years ago, it was the 15th episode of the last season, 3 years ago. Maybe Ventrell changed his name after killing Nethan and made a life for himself working for another faction of the LA.

In Subversion, when Daniel is on the roof, he takes two pictures, Rush/Telford first and Varro second, then he snaps away when Kiva arrives. That says to me that Varro is important. Then we are shown that Varoo is not like every other LA thug, theres something on his mind.

Comment

Here's an easy answer: He's an ascended trickster! He goes around making up new personalities and has fun with the humans without actually breaking the rules. Think Loki, the trickster god not the Asgard scientist.

Comment

Working...
                              X