Stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stones?

It seems to me that the prisoner exchange would have been a good time to use the stones. Instead of returning the LA soldiers, switch them out with some earth based soldiers via the stones. That way you can position your own men on the inside of the LA foothold and then strike from two fronts (well, more than just Telford on the inside).

Anyone think Young may have actually done this?

That's a great idea, very good point. I think that would have been pretty effective.

Only issues I see:
    1) Kiva is aware of the stones and would expect them to do that so she would quiz her soldiers right away to make sure they aren't imposters.
    2) Did they have access to the stone room?
    sigpic

Comment

Can one swap with someone else in the same room? As in, person A places a stone on the device and sends their consciousness to the receiver device where person B has placed a stone and they swap. Can these devices both send and receive by themselves, or do they need a reception point? I suspect not.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

How many stones did they have? They were exchanging 4 prisoners so it might look suspicious if 3 people were taken out of the room and 1 left behind. I remember the blues have one after Justice and Space

Excellent idea all the same though
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

It probably wouldn't work because of the radiation pulses.

Also, they're only switching minds, not bodies. Just giving an out of shape person the mind of a soldier doesn't make the person a good fighter. In fact, it might backfire if the soldier tries to do something in a body that can't handle it.

Comment

This is the best idea ever.... they shoulda of thought of it :-)
            67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              It probably wouldn't work because of the radiation pulses.

Also, they're only switching minds, not bodies. Just giving an out of shape person the mind of a soldier doesn't make the person a good fighter. In fact, it might backfire if the soldier tries to do something in a body that can't handle it.
              Umm the LA shock troops are all pretty physically fit. None of them are out of shape.

I believe there are either 4 or 5 stones. In Air, Rush said there were 5, and that could be either before or after he took the one that the blue aliens now have. Either way, there's enough to replace all 4 LA troops with our own, and the only problem is, as has been said, Kiva knows about the stones and would test them after the exchange.

Comment

While i think this is a workale idea, i doubt the pulsar would have allowed it to work.

Comment

The pulsar is only screwing up the shields and the ship's power. The stone pad has its own battery, and the only thing we've seen that affects it is dropping in/out of FTL and going through the gate.

Comment

I like this idea alot.
                    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Wow. SG67. You are at one post, and my new favorite person!!! Who cares about the testing? Just switch the men out with some Ninjas and a Jack Bauer! !
                      sigpic
                      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I don't think the pulsar would have any affect on the stones.
                        sigpic

Comment

I had a few follow up ideas to some of the points raised.

1) Young talked to SGC, so we know the Earth-controlled side of the ship has the communication room. This might (MIGHT) also support the theory that the pulsar wont have any effect on stone communication. Admittedly Young was not using the stones when the pulsar was blasting Destiny. But, might be an acceptable risk. (Do you really need more than 40 odd minutes to take on the LA? Seems to me that you will either win or lose within that time.)

2) If I recall correctly, the way the stones work is that the person touches the stone first, then the stone is "activated" (for lack of a better word). That's why others handle the stones with a piece of cloth or something. Anyway, if you only had 3 stones... all you had to do was subtly brush the stone against the skin of three of the LA people. Then send them back. Once they are on the other side (and presumably passes any questioning by Kiva), then you can activate the stones. Sure it would not be foolproof, but I'm sure you could find three fast thinking blackops soldiers from Earth who can handle themselves.

Comment

I really like this idea, good use for the stones.

But isn't there proximity issues, like when Rush/Telford switched back when Telford came aboard? Or is that (or do we just think) that it was the gate travel that disrupted the stones?
                            My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Remember in SGU they don't explain everything upfront, so they may have done just that. If they did that would be awesome.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X