Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chloe's friendship a "runner-up prize"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hermaphrodite....a haemaphrodite would be someone who had blood where their genitals should be, and getting your junk blown off is never a good time

Comment

ouch! (all the male readers cross their legs)
      "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JA9Qs2Mho

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
          Sorry if this is too close to the other Chloe-Eli thread, but this seemed like a separate topic...

I know Chloe meant it in a good way, that her friendship was something of value in and of itself, but I thought it was still a little obtuse - or at worst, arrogant - for her to phrase it that way. She knows Eli has feelings for her (why, I cant imagine...), she knows what kind of relationship he wants with her, so isnt he a runner-up to Scott? Isn't a platonic relationship more of a consolation prize to a romantic one, ie, its better than not being friends at all?

I mean, silver medals are still great and worthwhile and a proud achievement, but no one pretends they wouldnt still rather have the gold...

I guess I just empathize with Eli a little more, and would have preferred if she had said something more about how much their friendship meant to her, rather than suggesting he doesnt value it enough...
          Chloe realises that BFF-only > sex.

Comment

I have some idea how Eli feels:

I think he tries to be happy for her; but, he will be hurt and depressed. Me I just keep busy at work and try to avoid them

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
            Sorry if this is too close to the other Chloe-Eli thread, but this seemed like a separate topic...

I know Chloe meant it in a good way, that her friendship was something of value in and of itself, but I thought it was still a little obtuse - or at worst, arrogant - for her to phrase it that way. She knows Eli has feelings for her (why, I cant imagine...), she knows what kind of relationship he wants with her, so isnt he a runner-up to Scott? Isn't a platonic relationship more of a consolation prize to a romantic one, ie, its better than not being friends at all?

I mean, silver medals are still great and worthwhile and a proud achievement, but no one pretends they wouldnt still rather have the gold...

I guess I just empathize with Eli a little more, and would have preferred if she had said something more about how much their friendship meant to her, rather than suggesting he doesnt value it enough...
            How should Chloe phrase it? I don't think there is a good way to do something like that.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

It sucks completely for Eli. Who want to be a friend with a girl you love but doesn't love you back? Completely masochist. If some people on this forum are in that situation. Don't do it! Stay friend with her (or him if you're a girl) and never call her again. Next time you see her on the street ask her if she still with her boyfriend <insert name>.
              Last edited by Commander Zelix; 12 June 2010, 08:08 PM.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Hell if I were Eli, I'd be fine with just friendship. I don't mean it in a "because Chloe sucks" way. I mean in a "if you can truly find a good friend and someone to support you, be happy to have at least that. Intervene romantically if absolutely necessary, but seriously man, great friendship is not a bad thing to have. Hell, if a friendship can survive a one-sided romantic feeling and come out the other side with no bad feelings, that's worth keeping!" way. Though I personally root for the two to go romantic, but I hope they at least stay good friends for the duration.
                My wife would probably kill herself if that happens. She doesn't want Eli to get hurt in the end.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am not that sure that Chloe is worth what Eli is going through with her. She is of course model attractive and for someone like him, who probably hasn't ever had someone of her attractiveness pay him attention, she must seem like quite a prize. But in my mind beyond her looks, she really doesn't have much to offer him. She doesn't seem particularly bright or skilled or giving. In all their interactions he always seems to be bending over backwards to accommodate and help her and she seems to be there to let him. Eli is a major player on Destiny and Chloe is the shallow beautiful Senator's daughter paper weight. She has never misled Eli and I have nothing against her. It is just that she doesn't seem to really offer him much in the very utilitarian environment of Destiny beyond her looks. I feel for Eli; having to watch her go home to Scott every night has to be sheer misery for him. In a real world setting hopefully, he would eventually realize that he would be far better off spending time with another woman on the ship who has an interest in returning his feelings than in continued frustration with her. I suppose Eli is going to have to find that out for himself. Besides it does make for good drama to have him pining away for her.
                  Last edited by Blackhole; 12 June 2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I went to a whole new level of loving Eli and Chloe in this episode.I think Chloe truly cares about her friendship for Eli more than she is letting on.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      My wife would probably kill herself if that happens. She doesn't want Eli to get hurt in the end.
                      Then she's thinking negatively. There's no guarantee Eli'll get hurt in the end. Just on the entire journey.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

As long as theres hope, theres life. But not in the way you think i mean. Like the good looking girl she is, shes keeping her options open, to the end. A real politician in the making.

Also, im eager to see Eli punch Scott the day he brokes poor Chloes heart.

Comment

TBH she look slike she could have had a bit part in the coneheads movie, or could have featured as a Xenomorph from the Alien series, her forehead is that HYAWGE.

Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I'd like to see Eli hook up with someone else. Maybe Lt. James. Despite his spying on her with his kino, of course. I'd say one of the scientist girls, but none of them seem to be any kind of "leading woman". I'm praying not Lisa Park though....He definitely deserves someone loyal.

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                            TBH she look slike she could have had a bit part in the coneheads movie, or could have featured as a Xenomorph from the Alien series, her forehead is that HYAWGE.
                            She kind of reminded me of River (hopefully I don't have to mention she's from Firefly here lol)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GenieinaZPM View Post
                              I'd like to see Eli hook up with someone else. Maybe Lt. James. Despite his spying on her with his kino, of course.
                              For crying out loud! That was Lt Riley. Why won't anyone believe him.

Comment

You know what happens when it's a friendship where only one of them is in love, the one in love ends up being a sucker for that BFF FOREVER.

Eli will be used, "they" (the Chloe's of the world) will come calling when they need something, i.e. support, a shoulder to cry on etc. etc. It ends up being a very one sided friendship. Better to just say thanks but no thanks or you'll spend many years listening to them crying about how they're present lover has hurt them. Who needs that or wants that. Waste of time, better to just go find a friend who also is your lover!

Oh and Eli can wish all he likes, Chloe will never become a lover to him. No, Chloe is not going to some day realize just how wonderful it would be to also sleep with Eli, but of course she will emotionally use Eli whenever possible.

Eli grow a pair! <mod snip...let's not be rude please>
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 13 June 2010, 10:38 AM.
                                General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X