X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who likes smallville

just wondering if many smallville fans are here
    i love the show much better than lois and clark

I like it better than Lois & Clark but I thiink the latest Seasons werent as good as the first two.

Also I think you should've posted this question on Sci-Fi & Fantasy section http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Comment

I think it's brilliant, never seen Lois and Clark, but I have seen the New Adventures of Superman.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i have occasionally watched Smallville and i liked it
        Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

Yep, Smallville fan here. Though I must admit, I liked Dean Cain as Superman better. Clark on SmallVille is just too possesive and sometimes demeaning. I know this is when he was just starting out but geez, I didn't think he'd be so wimpy. I though Kryptonte was just supposed to make him weak not totally immobile.

But still, It's a great show.
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I loved Lois and Clark, (known in the UK as 'The new Adventures of Superman'

I liked season one of Smallville, but I've kinda lost interest. I'm not a fan of in-your-face-from-the-word-go ship.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              I know this is when he was just starting out but geez, I didn't think he'd be so wimpy. I though Kryptonte was just supposed to make him weak not totally immobile.
              I believe that it is the writer's/creator's intent to show that Superman was not always as strong with all his powers. From season one Clark has been coming into his powers and getting stronger...as with explosions and such where he barely feels the heat from them anymore. Perhaps Superman will only be weakened by kryptonite, but TPTB want us to believe that it wasn't always so. I can buy that. Indeed, TPTB want us to know how, in their view, Superman came to be; his origin, friendships, enemies, growing stronger and developing his powers,as well as how his sense of maral fiber came to be, i.e. strong loving parents. With this, I think they have done an excellent job while adding some new twists in order to keep up with the times. I especially like the way the character of Lex has been developed. I would have never thought that they started out as such good friends...even if they don't fully trust one another. That just makes their interplay even better. IMHO, naturally.

If you want to check out some decent vids, you may want to look at this site:
              http://fan-sites.org/smallville/engl/downloads.htm
              I also started to write a screenplay based on the subject of this totally rejected thread. (It was my first one.)
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=Krypton
              Attached Files

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Forgot to ditto the remark about this thread being posted in SCIFi & Fantasy

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Yep, Smallville fan here. Though I must admit, I liked Dean Cain as Superman better. Clark on SmallVille is just too possesive and sometimes demeaning. I know this is when he was just starting out but geez, I didn't think he'd be so wimpy.

But still, It's a great show.

I agree with you hey. Clark is too much of a goodie goodie. It gets to be a bit annoying. That's the only thing.
                  I used to watch it every week before Channel Nine in Australia dumped it. I think Australia is now a couple of seasons behind of the rest of the world. So I have absolutly no idea of what is goin' on.

Damn Channel Nine you're just as bad as Channel Seven!
                  "Dad, what's a muppet?"-Lisa
                  "Well it's not quite a mop, and it's quite a puppet
                  but maaan. So does that answer your question? I
                  don't know."-Homer

Comment

They showed season one here in Australia then cancelled it. I don't know it's been cancelled everywhere else but here in Australia it never made it beyond season one. Why? They put it on too late for anyone to watch it, so no one did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tauri
                      I agree with you hey. Clark is too much of a goodie goodie. It gets to be a bit annoying. That's the only thing.
                      I used to watch it every week before Channel Nine in Australia dumped it. I think Australia is now a couple of seasons behind of the rest of the world. So I have absolutly no idea of what is goin' on.

Damn Channel Nine you're just as bad as Channel Seven!
                      Yeah, well, in Smallville, so far-
                      Spoiler:
                      he's still a goodie goodie. In fact, I've noticed in his weird relationship with lana and chloe, Its like, he doesn't love chloe, he doesn't want anyone else to have chloe, chloe gets someone, suddenly he goes Kojak on her boyfriend, he wants lana, lana don't want him, lana hate him, lana love him, he's really annoying. What freaked me out is only the red kryptonite clark can fly??!! What kind of a mad world is this?? I know he gets his powers later but, Superman? Stuck on the ground? Well, i guess he still has the two mile jump and eight mile run, but will that get you authentic chinese food, fresh? I no think so. But I tune in, everynight to see it, just hoping, maybe, his dad'll knock some sense into him.

Why did they drop it in australia? Can't you upload American or Candian TV with satillite? I dont want to sound ignorent here but as far as oversea Tv goes, I'm lost - do they show Lost? see I'm moving soon .. need some TV pointers.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Why did they drop it in australia? Can't you upload American or Candian TV with satillite? I dont want to sound ignorent here but as far as oversea Tv goes, I'm lost - do they show Lost? see I'm moving soon .. need some TV pointers.
                        No one watched it. Well let me re-phrase not enough people watched it. Why? They put it on way too late then never advertised it.
                        Lost starts sometime in February I think.

Satellite TV? Do we even have that here? Not sure. It's only been in the last 5 years we got pay TV, and it hasn't had a very wide coverage yet. Many area's (like where I live) can't get pay tv, and many people (like me) can't see a reason to pay to wqatch TV. Satellite Tv might be possible but I doubt many could afford it.

Comment

Wow. It's kinda good then though 'cause unlike us americans, you can get out more without worrying about what silly TV show is on next. We americans sit around a lot.

Well, I used to, I'm getting a hobby, besides StarSate - and all the X file's shows I missed when I didn't watch television.

... and Alias.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Wow. It's kinda good then though 'cause unlike us americans, you can get out more without worrying about what silly TV show is on next. We americans sit around a lot.

Well, I used to, I'm getting a hobby, besides StarSate - and all the X file's shows I missed when I didn't watch television.

... and Alias.
                            Australia is the second "fattest" country on earth. Right behind the good ol U.S of A.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                              Australia is the second "fattest" country on earth. Right behind the good ol U.S of A.
                              No kiddin'? Surely you guys have less on the junk food scale, I mean, If a typical american had to survive without some kind of artificial junk, I'm sure he'd be dead by the end of the day.

I'm a health food manic. I love Wild Oats and only drink unhomogenized protiens and love Amish chickens. I'm wierd that way.

Ever try brie cheese with a side of fresh eggs on whole wheat bran bread and apple cider? It's good.
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X