Destinys rooms and what you would use them for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destinys rooms and what you would use them for

I was thinking about what destinys circular room used to be and i was thinking about what the expadition members would use it for if they could fix the huge hole. i was thinking of useing it as a sports arena and play soccer and have it as a meeting room.

that's how those holes got there...soccer balls!
    Maybe it's a big Ancients dance hall?
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

maybe a botany department or a bigger shuttle bay, like maybe the roof opens or something or where they house the equipment for on planets, like their ATVs or something equivalent

Comment

i was just thinking that the circular room might be a holographic room where you can see where destiny has been and where destiny will go

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
          maybe a botany department or a bigger shuttle bay, like maybe the roof opens or something or where they house the equipment for on planets, like their ATVs or something equivalent
          It would not be any good for hydroponics, unless they spent an extended period in orbit around a sun. The closest thing I can think of, it must be some sort of recreation or training area.

Comment

Basically, when you think about it, it is same answer for every room. Curiously, Lt. James name is part of the answer.

Comment

when you think about it with the hugeness of the ship how may ancients would they have need to have destiny fully maned.

i cannot see it as a recreation room ancients don't seem like the "playing sports" kind of race

Comment

a giant science lab

Comment

Originally posted by BomB191 View Post
                  i cannot see it as a recreation room ancients don't seem like the "playing sports" kind of race
                  The Ancients were just humans like the rest of us, sure they were more intelligent, and they did focus most of there efforts on progressing scientific knowledge, however they must have understood the importance of physical exercise. Though, this is just speculation, I believe that they "play sports" for both the mental and physical benefits. Either that or just for the joy of it.

Comment

I was thinking about that and I thought that many the early ancients played sports

Comment

I thought it was a meeting places. Kind of like The Destiny's version of a town hall.
                      sigpic

Comment

What, noone said sunbathing lounge yet ? (Would be used by crew during recharging cycles.)

Comment

Being a single male, I would use Destiny's rooms and floors the same as I would any other: a low, flat shelf. My stuff isn't "thrown on the floor", it's put back in its proper place
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The only alternative that really makes sense is its a seeder ship bay...there's no other reason you'd need to have a chamber that large on Destiny. And, presumably, the seeder ships might have to return to Destiny periodically for servicing or replenishment

Comment

I'm sure the seeder ships are as big as Destiny and use the resources of the planets to make gates - maybe

Comment

Working...
                              X