PDA

View Full Version : Merlin & King Arthur

LocoLobo32
June 11th, 2010, 12:25 AM
So I understand that Merlin descended to take human form again and retained all of his knowledge. I understand that he entrusted Arthur and his Knights with his secret and they set out on their quest. The only thing I don't understand, or maybe never caught watching the series is how did Merlin and King Arthur get to the other planets (Camelot, etc.) I just don't remember it being mentioned.

The only thing I could think of is that he was able to get to the gate in Antarctica and go through that way. I thought he used the ring platform but those were designed by the Goa'uld. Other than that, I'm stuck.

bradly08
June 11th, 2010, 03:25 AM
It is also possible that there is a 3rd gate in Britian, possibly built by Merlin himself

escyos
June 11th, 2010, 03:32 AM
if ARthur lived in Camelot and Camelot is on another planet....who said it happened on Earth, Merlin may have jsut returned here towards the end

VampyreWraith
June 11th, 2010, 04:45 AM
or on earth, merlin couldve built a ship with all his ascended knowledge, taken his friend arthur and his knights to the camelot planet to get away from morgan le fey. arthur founds camelot on that planet, Merlin makes the sangral (Merlin couldve made this part on Earth), and anti-ori weapon, runs off to hide it from morgan. arthur goes on a quest to find it.

Add: Morgan catches up with Merlin (on the Quest planet?) before he has a chance to use the weapon and she trashes it. She sees potential for future use so she puts Merlin in Stasis, and sets up the quest traps and the bouncing out of network gate system on the planet in order to protect Merlin and his knowledge of the anti-ascended being device.

Werewolfhero
June 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Been wondering this too, Did Merlin set up a midevil toaster gate somewhere in brittian, that maybe was only dialable with that laptop of his? (kinda like how SGU gates can be accessed with that pda thing) Or is there a ship hidden away somewhere yet to be found? Because both known earth gates were burried at the time so there'd be no way to have accessed them.

KEK
June 26th, 2010, 04:34 AM
In my mind, they're all hopping around in a time travelling jumper looking for the thing. They'll show up eventually...

rekcah
July 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
In my mind, they're all hopping around in a time travelling jumper looking for the thing. They'll show up eventually...

They must have traveled back to Meet Janice the inventor. I think that's how Merlin actually learned how to build the sangral.

Once one is ascended, one can retake human form where one wishes. Example, Orlin and Daniel (city of the lost)

Hell, if he retained everything from when he was ascended, then he would have just teleported.

fugiman
July 3rd, 2010, 12:02 AM
I've always been wondering when Merlin comes out of statis and sees SG1 and thinks they are the knights does that mean that there is a possibility that SG1 is going back in time to help Merlin?

thekillman
July 3rd, 2010, 12:56 AM
it's possible they already did but we never figured it out, or he was simply delusional from getting out of stasis

Burns
July 3rd, 2010, 02:28 AM
I've always been wondering when Merlin comes out of statis and sees SG1 and thinks they are the knights does that mean that there is a possibility that SG1 is going back in time to help Merlin?

Reincarnation, what has happened before will happen again.

Burns
July 3rd, 2010, 02:36 AM
It all happening off world, and Merlin descended and told the story would work with adlantis being in a whole other galaxy?

greytop
July 3rd, 2010, 02:57 AM
I thought he used the ring platform but those were designed by the Goa'uld. Other than that, I'm stuck.Who said that the ring platform was designed by the Goa'uld?

General Luka of Earth
July 3rd, 2010, 04:28 AM
Who said that the ring platform was designed by the Goa'uld?

i agree, i think that someone told that Goa'uld didn't invented the rings, it's told in Avalon (1) maybe Merlin constructed rings in England, or just made another stargate

Gala
July 3rd, 2010, 06:45 AM
I don't think they invented the technology considering the rings are very similar to the transporters in atlantis, plus we have seen several ring platforms throughout the series where the goauld have had no presence.

I'm hoping that there will be another film on this someday, I thought it was have been a better plot than continuum was.

Col.Ads
July 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Ring Platforms are Ancient technology, Goa'uld merely use the technology.

As for a 3rd Stargate there cannot be one here anymore as we would have seen the seizmic activity when dialing one of the gates, we have seen that when one of the gates its buried like the one in the Antarctic that it causes some activity. This would be the same with a buried gate anywhere else on the planet, unless it was in a cavern with shock absorbers on which is highly doubtful.

It is more likely Merlin used a puddle jumper or another small Ancient craft and used the Stargate in Antarctica

garhkal
July 4th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Ring Platforms are Ancient technology, Goa'uld merely use the technology.

As for a 3rd Stargate there cannot be one here anymore as we would have seen the seizmic activity when dialing one of the gates, we have seen that when one of the gates its buried like the one in the Antarctic that it causes some activity. This would be the same with a buried gate anywhere else on the planet, unless it was in a cavern with shock absorbers on which is highly doubtful.

In solitudes, we only saw the gate shaking and 'seismic' tremors from the originating gate. So unless that third one wsa being dialed out from we would not know about it.

Werewolfhero
July 6th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Unless there's a Pegasus gate hidden/buried somewhere on earth that Merlin used. After all in Before I sleep, the Atlantian council did offer to arrange it so earth couldn't dial into Atlantis. So its possible that those gates have more security features and settings than were ever discovered or mentioned on the show. Also wondered if Merlin set it up in his hidden pocket dimension and just accessed it with his laptop.

Also I thought that it was mentioned in The Lost City, that they detected rings into the chamber but the rings couldn't penetrate the mile of ice to reach it. Which leads me to believe that they would've been created by the ancients, that and their design is similar to the MW gates, but laying sideways. Then of course the Ori also had them on their ships, and even had portable ring platforms they could plant in to allow ships to transport people to the surface with.

The Goa'uld were just parasites that stole everything they from other civilizations and cultures to suit their own needs.

jenie
July 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I thought he used the ring platform but those were designed by the Goa'uld

rewatch Season 9...Vala mentions these were also created by the ancients....

Flyboy
July 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM
In the legends, Merlin and arthur 'sail' to the 'island' of Avalon. Sure, you could interpret that as meaning there was a Stargate on mainland Europe and Avalon refers to Britain herself... alternatively, you could view sail as being a euphemism for intersteller travel, and Avalon, is in actual fact, Earth.

daedalus91
July 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
The Ancients created the ring technology, not the Goa'uld.

KEK
July 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
In the legends, Merlin and arthur 'sail' to the 'island' of Avalon. Sure, you could interpret that as meaning there was a Stargate on mainland Europe and Avalon refers to Britain herself... alternatively, you could view sail as being a euphemism for intersteller travel, and Avalon, is in actual fact, Earth.

DANIEL
Once upon a time, there was a race of people that went on a great journey through space, across the universe. They were called the Altera. After much time…

DANIEL
(continuing)
…and I think this means thousands of years, they found a great belt of stars.

MITCHELL
…and they lived happily ever after.

TEAL'C
(noticing Daniel's movement)
Have you found something, Daniel Jackson?

DANIEL
It says that the Alterans named their new home "Avalon," and that they built many Astria Porta.

I'm guessing that it refers to the Milky Way, or Dakara.

Flyboy
July 15th, 2010, 02:03 AM

I'd disagree, as the cave system that they were in at the start of S9's 'Avalon;, was in fact, supposed to be in, 'Avalon'. You can argue that to mean just the UK, or you could in fact argue that to mean Earth... but I don't think you could argue that to mean the Milky Way or Dakara...

VampyreWraith
July 15th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I'd disagree, as the cave system that they were in at the start of S9's 'Avalon;, was in fact, supposed to be in, 'Avalon'. You can argue that to mean just the UK, or you could in fact argue that to mean Earth... but I don't think you could argue that to mean the Milky Way or Dakara...

I think Avalon is supposed to be Earth (in general) and was Arthur's final resting place (somewhere in the UK), Merlin could've brought Arthur back there before(or after) he(Arthur) died.

Add: maybe Arthur didn't die on Earth, maybe Merlin taught him how to ascend.

KEK
July 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM

The writings said that they found a great belt of stars and called their new home Avalon. Given that the belt of stars is referring to the Milky Way, and the first planet they settled on was Dakara, I don't see how it could mean anywhere else. It wasn't until later that the Ancients lived on Earth, and probably wouldn't have been until after they came back from Pegasus that they lived in the British Isles specifically.

VampyreWraith
July 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The writings said that they found a great belt of stars and called their new home Avalon. Given that the belt of stars is referring to the Milky Way, and the first planet they settled on was Dakara, I don't see how it could mean anywhere else. It wasn't until later that the Ancients lived on Earth, and probably wouldn't have been until after they came back from Pegasus that they lived in the British Isles specifically.

I think there was a pause while Daniel was saying those lines cuz he couldn't make out/translate all the writing while sitting there or it couldve just been Mitchell's interupting or he just didn't read everything aloud. It doesn't have to mean that Avalon was was the belt of stars or the first planet the Ancients setteled on. I could see it meaning the Milky Way though but not Dakara because that planet didn't really have anything to do with the episode.

lordofseas
July 16th, 2010, 02:20 PM

I thought the Ancients named the galaxy Avalon.

KEK
July 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The Milky Way then...

Flyboy
July 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I still have to disagree. Doesn't make sense to me within the context of the King Arthur mythos or the episode title.