Merlin & King Arthur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin & King Arthur

So I understand that Merlin descended to take human form again and retained all of his knowledge. I understand that he entrusted Arthur and his Knights with his secret and they set out on their quest. The only thing I don't understand, or maybe never caught watching the series is how did Merlin and King Arthur get to the other planets (Camelot, etc.) I just don't remember it being mentioned.

The only thing I could think of is that he was able to get to the gate in Antarctica and go through that way. I thought he used the ring platform but those were designed by the Goa'uld. Other than that, I'm stuck.

It is also possible that there is a 3rd gate in Britian, possibly built by Merlin himself

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

if ARthur lived in Camelot and Camelot is on another planet....who said it happened on Earth, Merlin may have jsut returned here towards the end

Comment

or on earth, merlin couldve built a ship with all his ascended knowledge, taken his friend arthur and his knights to the camelot planet to get away from morgan le fey. arthur founds camelot on that planet, Merlin makes the sangral (Merlin couldve made this part on Earth), and anti-ori weapon, runs off to hide it from morgan. arthur goes on a quest to find it.

Add: Morgan catches up with Merlin (on the Quest planet?) before he has a chance to use the weapon and she trashes it. She sees potential for future use so she puts Merlin in Stasis, and sets up the quest traps and the bouncing out of network gate system on the planet in order to protect Merlin and his knowledge of the anti-ascended being device.
        Last edited by VampyreWraith; 11 June 2010, 05:37 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Been wondering this too, Did Merlin set up a midevil toaster gate somewhere in brittian, that maybe was only dialable with that laptop of his? (kinda like how SGU gates can be accessed with that pda thing) Or is there a ship hidden away somewhere yet to be found? Because both known earth gates were burried at the time so there'd be no way to have accessed them.

Comment

In my mind, they're all hopping around in a time travelling jumper looking for the thing. They'll show up eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              In my mind, they're all hopping around in a time travelling jumper looking for the thing. They'll show up eventually...
              They must have traveled back to Meet Janice the inventor. I think that's how Merlin actually learned how to build the sangral.

Once one is ascended, one can retake human form where one wishes. Example, Orlin and Daniel (city of the lost)

Hell, if he retained everything from when he was ascended, then he would have just teleported.

Comment

I've always been wondering when Merlin comes out of statis and sees SG1 and thinks they are the knights does that mean that there is a possibility that SG1 is going back in time to help Merlin?
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

it's possible they already did but we never figured it out, or he was simply delusional from getting out of stasis

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    I've always been wondering when Merlin comes out of statis and sees SG1 and thinks they are the knights does that mean that there is a possibility that SG1 is going back in time to help Merlin?
                    Reincarnation, what has happened before will happen again.

Comment

It all happening off world, and Merlin descended and told the story would work with adlantis being in a whole other galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by LocoLobo32 View Post
                        I thought he used the ring platform but those were designed by the Goa'uld. Other than that, I'm stuck.
                        Who said that the ring platform was designed by the Goa'uld?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
                          Who said that the ring platform was designed by the Goa'uld?
                          i agree, i think that someone told that Goa'uld didn't invented the rings, it's told in Avalon (1) maybe Merlin constructed rings in England, or just made another stargate

Comment

I don't think they invented the technology considering the rings are very similar to the transporters in atlantis, plus we have seen several ring platforms throughout the series where the goauld have had no presence.

I'm hoping that there will be another film on this someday, I thought it was have been a better plot than continuum was.

Comment

Ring Platforms are Ancient technology, Goa'uld merely use the technology.

As for a 3rd Stargate there cannot be one here anymore as we would have seen the seizmic activity when dialing one of the gates, we have seen that when one of the gates its buried like the one in the Antarctic that it causes some activity. This would be the same with a buried gate anywhere else on the planet, unless it was in a cavern with shock absorbers on which is highly doubtful.

It is more likely Merlin used a puddle jumper or another small Ancient craft and used the Stargate in Antarctica

Comment

Working...
                              X