Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Earth use the Tok'ra Brainwash ( Zatarc) Detector ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Earth use the Tok'ra Brainwash ( Zatarc) Detector ?

What what happen with Telford's brianwash.
    Should Earth use the Tok'ra brain wash detector to prevent another infiltration .

The Lucian alliance use the Goa'uld brain wash Tech , it is preety powerful ,conside how Telford had gone over the edge .

With Earth 's control over Advance Asgard , Ancient and even some Wraith technologies .It would too dangerous if the Lucian ever get someone inside Stargate programme again.

The Tok'ra detector was use to to compare a person's conscious and conscious memories. And detect some one was brainwash or programme.

Should Earth use the Tok'ra device on people of the Stargate programmes?

The Tok'ra device was not very reliable.
    For example ,Sam was mis-identified as brainwash or (programme) becaus eher feeling for Sam and her refusal to admite it.

But like Earth 's polygraph, it is often inconclusive and not admissable in court.
    But even US government use polygraph on people working in sensitive area.

I don't think that it is possible to let everyone go true that test, i don't know how many people work in/for the SGC but i think it ain't possible because then you should do that every week again to make sure nobody is compromised. And like you said, it's not 100% reliable.
    But it can be used if someone suspect something.

Comment

the device checks for a cover-up memory. unfortunately you'd have to go through everything the person went through offworld to do it. you'd need dozens of detectors and dozens of people constantly checking.

IMO it's better to regularly check the more important people.

Comment

It would be easyer (in therms of faster to control everyone) to put the sgc personal every week into a room, cut off the air till they die and them bring them back (like Young did), then at least you know for sure they are not brainwashed..
        But i have my doubts that my proposal is a good idea

Comment

You would think such a thing would already be standard practice, for anyone returning from a long term off world undercover assignment. Anyone who you know has been captured, or could have been captured. It would not be necessary for people where you could account for 100% of their time.

If someone is out of sight for 30 seconds while they pee in the bush, not necessary. If someone is not seen or heard from for 3 days, then definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
            You would think such a thing would already be standard practice, for anyone returning from a long term off world undercover assignment. Anyone who you know has been captured, or could have been captured. It would not be necessary for people where you could account for 100% of their time.

If someone is out of sight for 30 seconds while they pee in the bush, not necessary. If someone is not seen or heard from for 3 days, then definitely.
            True, but people can also be captured and brainwashed at their home since the LA are also on earth, so i think you would need to check a lot more people if you want to be certain that nobody is brainwashed.

Comment

Well, the problem here is, that it's a piece of tech from the old SG1, so it's not really available here. Hell I don't even think that the Tokrahs exist in the SGU-universe.

Comment

SGU verse=SG1 verse = SGA verse

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  SGU verse=SG1 verse = SGA verse
                  True, but i think he means that there will not come any sg1/sga alliens in sgu.

http://showblogs.syfy.com/universe/index.php
                  2) Will we be meeting Dr. or military officer Cassandra any time soon? I know an episode of SG1 showed her in the future talking to the team, which implies she has access to the base.
                  3) Is there any chance of meeting some of the cool peoples we met previously (i.e. Asgard, Tollan, Nox, the old man whose wife died in Babylonia)?

Answers:...
                  2) No plans to revisit the Cassandra character.
                  3) Again, no plans to introduce alien elements from either of the previous shows.

Comment

The Lucian Alliance does count as SG1 aliens (depending on your interpretation of what an "alien" is).
                    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                      What what happen with Telford's brianwash.
                      Should Earth use the Tok'ra brain wash detector to prevent another infiltration .

The Lucian alliance use the Goa'uld brain wash Tech , it is preety powerful ,conside how Telford had gone over the edge .

With Earth 's control over Advance Asgard , Ancient and even some Wraith technologies .It would too dangerous if the Lucian ever get someone inside Stargate programme again.

The Tok'ra detector was use to to compare a person's conscious and conscious memories. And detect some one was brainwash or programme.

Should Earth use the Tok'ra device on people of the Stargate programmes?

The Tok'ra device was not very reliable.
                      For example ,Sam was mis-identified as brainwash or (programme) becaus eher feeling for Sam and her refusal to admite it.

But like Earth 's polygraph, it is often inconclusive and not admissable in court.
                      But even US government use polygraph on people working in sensitive area.
                      Just have Teal'c sit with them and stare at them for an hour or two, and they'll cave in and confess to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by beire View Post
                        It would be easyer (in therms of faster to control everyone) to put the sgc personal every week into a room, cut off the air till they die and them bring them back (like Young did), then at least you know for sure they are not brainwashed..
                        But i have my doubts that my proposal is a good idea
                        Well, if we gained access to a sarcofigi, it would be a moot point as if they DID die, we could resurrect them.

Comment

They should do it but I think we all know that it'll never happen, just like how they'll never install Asgard Goa'uld detectors in their bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                            They should do it but I think we all know that it'll never happen, just like how they'll never install Asgard Goa'uld detectors in their bases.
                            Or we'll just never see it in action.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I wonder if that device thor had on Cimera is in their database..

Comment

Working...
                              X