Supernatural - The Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural - The Animation

As Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) prepare to embark on their sixth season of Supernatural, there's something brewing in Japan.

The Japanese division of Warner Bros. has a website up for Supernatural: The Animation, a 22-episode series from Madhouse (Batman: Gotham Knight, Death Note).

According to the Anime News Network: "The anime project will not only remake the best episodes from the live-action version, but also depict original episodes not seen in the live-action version. Those original episodes will include prologues of the Winchester brothers’ childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version."

Warner Home Video is aiming to start releasing these in Japan on January 12, 2011. No word yet on the U.S. release.

The Winchester universe just got a bit bigger...

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15477

Hmmm, very interesting.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I honestly can't see this show as an animation.

Seems... strange.

But it's worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        I honestly can't see this show as an animation.

Seems... strange.

But it's worth looking at.
        This show is already strange. Proof that strange is not always a bad thing.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really don't know why they have to re-make existing episodes in anime format, but I always love glimpses at the backstory. So I guess I'd give any original episodes a try. Too bad they're not airing yet, would certainly help with the hellatus.

I know my son will be ecstatic. He's a great fan of the show and of the anime genre. Could be a good thing to pull in the younger crowd, and turn them into fans of the real thing later.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Hmm, I was a bit perplexed by the comics when I read about those...and now this? Not my thing, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes down with the audiences!

sigpic

Comment

Supernatural: The Anime?

Sam and Dean Winchester have traveled to heaven and hell, attended conventions devoted to a series of books based off of their lives and been trapped inside a sitcom – but now, for the first time, the characters from Supernatural are getting animated. AnimeNewsNetwork.com took note that the official website for Warner Bros. in Japan had launched a section for Supernatural: The Animation. At first, details were sketchy, but now, thanks to additional info from Cinema Today and AnimeAnime.jp, more is known about the project.

MADHOUSE, the anime studio behind projects like Death Note and Vampire D is producing Supernatural: The Animation, which will be comprised of a 22-episode season that will cover the storyline of the first two years of the live-action series. However, while some episodes will remake episodes from the original series, other stories will be brand new, and include, "prologues of the Winchester brothers' childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version."

Supernatural: The Animation will be released on DVD in Japan starting with the first volume on January 12th with the first two episodes, and then a "Box 1" set on February 2nd, that includes episodes 3-12 and a "Box 2" set of episodes 13 to 22 on April 6th. Of course U.S. Supernatural fans will be very curious to see this material for themselves, begging the question of if and when it will get a proper release over here. I would guess that Warner Bros, who are well aware of the passion of Supernatural viewers, would make sure there is eventually an outlet for the animated Winchesters in America as well.

AnimeNewsNetwork.com notes that Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is credited as the anime project's creator, and MADHOUSE co-founder Masao Maruyama is executive producer.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/109/1096147p1.html

Comment

Jack O'Neill already started a thread about this project yesterday (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...-The-Animation). But this article has more information. Maybe you could move it over there.

sigpic

Comment

Either I'm seeing things or the threads got merged pretty damn quick!

sigpic

Comment

More Detailed Info On Supernatural Becoming An Anime

According to the website Supernatural Wiki,"The first season will be twenty-two episodes covering the first two seasons of the original, remaking some episodes and adding new ones, to include the brothers' childhood, focus on secondary characters, and anime-only enemies."

The Japanese voices of the brothers will be Yuya Uchida (who roles include: Soul Eater's Dr. Franken Stein, Naruto Shippūden's Rinji) who will dub the role of Sam, while Hiroki Touchi (who roles include: Trinity Blood's Abel Nightroad, Bokurano's Kokkpelli) will dub the role of Dean (This guy actually sounds like Jensen Ackles if he were speaking in Japanese.) Both actors dubbed these same roles for the live-action version in Japanese.

Supernatural Wiki also said, "At the Rising Con Spain 2010, Jensen and Jared confirmed the project and that they'd seen and approved the artwork for Sam and Dean. They also said they would voice the first couple of English language episodes."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19228

Character Designs

Comment

Anime Supernatural – The Trailer

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/08/06/anim...l-the-trailer/

Comment

[QUOTE=Madwelshboy;11624925][B]
                        Character Designs

This Dean looks nothing like the real Dean.

This looks nothing like Sam...except, the hair. And maybe the shoulders.

I will probably only watch the eps that Jensen and Jared voiced.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Animation's not something I normally watch but this is looking really interesting. I'll definitely be giving it a look.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is a cool preview for the animation. I just can't cope with the Japanese. Just reminds me of "Changing Channels"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzFnQBV5Hs

There is also an interview with Jensen and Jared for amazon Japan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkRxqKJsy8
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Loved the interview, but I'm not sold on the anime. I think I'm too old for this genre, it's too hectic for me. And anime!Dean looks nothing like the real thing. I mean, who on earth came up with that ridiculous head of hair??

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X