"What did you do to the gate?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What did you do to the gate?"

Did Kiva conveniently choose to forget that Rush told her exactly what was going to happen if they dialed the gate? Seems very "ignorant sci-fi villain" of her.

She probably thought he was bluffing. It's not like Rush would want to 1). get out of there before the Earth forces take the base and rescue him and 2). lead an strike force onto the Destiny.

Comment

Reward over risk in this case, also I don't blame her for not trusting Rush, enemy or not he's not exactly Mr. Truth.

Comment

Well, she is ignorant. She doesn't know how dialing the 9th chevron works, which is ignorance. Why wouldn't she think that Rush might be trying to sabotage given that they were being attacked and then the planet is about to blow up?
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

1. Why would she trust Rush given that she already knows he will stall and bluff?
          2. Why would she care, if it was something that she wanted?
          3. I'm not sure if you mean ignorance as in the textbook definition or the slam but if not knowing how the 9th chevron works qualifies you as being ignorant, then the only person in the whole show that isn't ignorant is Eli, as he's the only person that got it to work in the first place

I'm going with 2, that she knew about the risk and didn't give a damn because it gave her what she wanted
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Yes... I think she believed Rush that dialing the gate would blow up the planet, but she saw it as her only chance to get to Destiny -- if she waited, then Hammond would almost certainly capture the planet and even if she got away she'd probably never find another Icarus-type planet to use. We've already seen she's willing to sacrifice people (like the scientist she killed in front of Rush) so she saw everyone who didn't make it through the gate as "necessary losses".

Comment

Either she thought Rush was bluffing or she saw it as her only chance to get on Destiny and thought it was worth the risk. She got most of her people through the gate, so it seemed to have paid off.
              sigpic

Comment

She did make sure she sent others through the gate ahead of her, and told them to radio back if they made it. This could be viewed as being callous or smart, depending upon one's view of Kiva...

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                  She did make sure she sent others through the gate ahead of her, and told them to radio back if they made it. This could be viewed as being callous or smart, depending upon one's view of Kiva...

regards,
                  G.
                  yeah, that really could be seen either way
                  she's either waiting to make sure everyone's safe, or waiting to see if the people she's sent through are dead or not
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                  X