PDA

View Full Version : "Didja ever notice..." Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Crichiel
June 9th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Not sure I can get across what I am trying to accomplish with this thread, but Ill try! :P

Just meant to be a fun "Didja notice?/Didja know?" thread. Just caught an in-joke they made? Read an interesting bit of totally trivial trivia? Got a good-natured nitpick (emphasis on good-natured. It's not their fault Vancouver can't look like all parts USA! ;) )?

Let me start by giving a couple examples:

-Didja know...I just read that they number the motel rooms according to what number the episode is. I never noticed that!

-Didja notice...that in Skin when they are trying to get back to the Impala, they are stopped by the police...who are driving new Impalas?

-Didja notice...that Sam Wesson and Dean Smith have been working at Sandover for 3 weeks, but Sam isn't going through demon blood withdrawal?

-Didja notice...the diner in Jump the Shark is named after Cousin Oliver (a.k.a. The Brady Bunch's Jump the Shark character)?

So, what didja notice? :)

starg8fans
June 9th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Great idea for a thread, I love it!

Iolanda told me some trivia I didn't know a little while ago. In the pilot, both boys were supposed to fall into the river, but the wardrobe department messed up with Jared's clothes, so only Jensen got the full mud treatment.

As for what I noticed - just starting a re-watch, I'll be back as soon as something comes to mind.

queen_hathor
June 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I'll be back too... I'm told I'm quite observant, so watch this space! ;)

Crichiel
June 9th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Just remembered another one.

Didja notice that you can tell some of the old stock shots of them driving the Impala at night because it has the old license plate on it (KAZ 2Y5)?

RodneyIsGodney
June 9th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Didga ever notice...that Dean's and Sam's last names in It's a Terrible Life are Smith and Wesson? A Winchester is a rifle, a Smith and Wesson is a handgun. Even in an AU they still have weapons (fire arms) for last names.:D

PS...Love this thread!

starg8fans
June 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Yes on the last one, nope on the one before... Here's something I noticed for the first time on this rewatch.

Didja notice... In the Pilot, when the Woman in White kills the boy in the car his blood his spattered all over the interior. But when the police search the car one officer says to the other that it's 'almost too clean'. Where did the blood go?

Crichiel
June 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
-Didja notice in the fire in Home that when Sam hands the girl her baby brother he says, "Take your brother outside, as fast as you can." echo-ing John's line from the Pilot?

-Didja notice that Carry on My Wayward Son is NOT the 'Then' song for the last episode of season 1, it was used the episode before that?

starg8fans
June 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Didja notice... In Wendigo when Sam goes to Jessica's grave in his dream her birthday is quoted as January 24 - the same as Dean's.

RodneyIsGodney
June 10th, 2010, 01:57 PM
-Didja notice in the fire in Home that when Sam hands the girl her baby brother he says, "Take your brother outside, as fast as you can." echo-ing John's line from the Pilot?
No, but that is cool!:D

Didja notice that Dean was killed 105 times!:eek:

LizzieAnne
June 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
When I was capping Monster at the End of the Book the other day I noticed the name of the diner. And love the Monster burger.:P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Season%205/Monster/SN_S4E18-S05_03.jpg

Do you think Kripke's Hollow is a take on Stars Hollow..the setting of Gilmore Girls? Must be.

starg8fans
June 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
No, but that is cool!:D

Didja notice that Dean was killed 105 times!:eek:

Would you share with us how you got to this number? Cause I'm a bit confused whether Dean died 101 and 102 times in Mystery Spot. And when he died in Sam's vision, shot by Psychic Boy in S1 - does that count?

When I was capping Monster at the End of the Book the other day I noticed the name of the diner. And love the Monster burger.:P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Season%205/Monster/SN_S4E18-S05_03.jpg

Do you think Kripke's Hollow is a take on Stars Hollow..the setting of Gilmore Girls? Must be.

No, never noticed that - well spotted, Lizzie! It's either that, or it's a reference to the legend of Sleepy Hollow, which also fits in well with the ghostly background of Spn.

LizzieAnne
June 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Oh yes...forgotten Sleepy Hollow...loved that movie. The perfect name then..it ties in with them both.

starg8fans
June 11th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Didja notice - that in Phantom Traveller both boys were wrong about the whole 'name of God' thing? The Latin word for God is deus, or - in some cases - deo. Christo is actually Ancient Greek, and it's not the name of God either, but of Jesus. It translates into 'the anointed'.

Crichiel
June 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM

:cool: I never saw that one! Good catch!

Didja notice - that in Phantom Traveller both boys were wrong about the whole 'name of God' thing? The Latin word for God is deus, or - in some cases - deo. Christo is actually Ancient Greek, and it's not the name of God either, but of Jesus. It translates into 'the anointed'.

Being Catholic, I DID realise that translation was a bit off! :P

-Didja ever notice that Dean got WAY more possessive of his baby as time went on? Because in season 1, Sam drove her a lot!

-Didja notice that at the beginning of Shadow, Dean does a dot-to-dot with the blood splatter to come up with the symbol? How? There are no dot-to-dot numbers to tell him where to make the lines, he could've have made it look like anything! He didn't even use all the spots! :P

Crichiel
June 16th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Didja ever notice in The Benders when Sheriff Kathleen pulls up Sam and Dean's records on the computer, they're BOTH listed as being 6'4"!!

starg8fans
June 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Didja ever notice in The Benders when Sheriff Kathleen pulls up Sam and Dean's records on the computer, they're BOTH listed as being 6'4"!!

Oops, that's a real goof-up there!

Didja ever notice that in What is and what should never be Dean wears a silver necklace with a sort of locket instead of his amulet?

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S2/SN220_052.jpg

This is one I read somewhere, but I think it's a whopper.

Didja ever notice that in Provenance, when Dean realizes that the razor in the picture has changed place, Jensen says 'Jared' instead of 'Sam'!?! (It's at 25:40, if you want to check.)

GenieinaZPM
June 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Ooooh I have a few!

Didja know - Early on in the series, Dean's cell number is given, and for a while the studio had it set up so that anyone dialing the number would hear Jensen Ackles reading the message: "This is Dean Winchester. If this is an emergency, leave a message. If you are calling about 11-2-83, page me with your coordinates." The number is 1-866-907-3235.

Didja notice - Riverview Hospital, a large mental health facility used as the main set in the season 1 episode Asylum, has also substituted for a prison, a regular hospital, and an apartment building on different episodes of the show. This is evidenced by seeing the same distinctive staircase in different episodes.

Didja ever notice - There is a particular clock that shows up in almost every episode.

Didja notice - Throughout the series, whenever a room is numbered, the room number is always 237. (When Dean sneaks into the old lady's hospital room "Supernatural: Something Wicked (#1.18)" the number on the door is 237. When Dean is in the hospital, talking with Tessa in "Supernatural: In My Time of Dying (#2.1)" it's announced over the PA system that there's "an emergency in room 237." In "Supernatural: Playthings (#2.11)" Sam and Dean check into the Peirpont Inn and will be staying in room 237.) Room number 237 is the room Danny Torrance is told to stay out of in The Shining.

Didja know - While it maybe coincidental the choice of the name Winchester for the family is interesting. There is a rather famous mansion in California built by Sarah Winchester, wife of the gun magnate, which was under constant construction for 38 years for paranormal reasons. According to legend the reason for the constant building was a medium telling Mrs. Winchester that if she ever stopped building the spirits of those killed by Winchester rifles would come after her. The strange design of the mansion is also attributed to this. It was built with dead ends and stairs to nowhere allegedly to confuse spirits.

These are not things I noticed by myself, just so you know. Not gonna take credit for awesome little tidbits like this. It's just trivia facts I found while searching around online. I thought they were interesting, and I'm glad I finally have people to share them with that will actually care! Haha!

starg8fans
June 19th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Ooooh I have a few!

Didja know - Early on in the series, Dean's cell number is given, and for a while the studio had it set up so that anyone dialing the number would hear Jensen Ackles reading the message: "This is Dean Winchester. If this is an emergency, leave a message. If you are calling about 11-2-83, page me with your coordinates." The number is 1-866-907-3235.

Yup, this was mentioned further up the page.

Didja notice - Riverview Hospital, a large mental health facility used as the main set in the season 1 episode Asylum, has also substituted for a prison, a regular hospital, and an apartment building on different episodes of the show. This is evidenced by seeing the same distinctive staircase in different episodes.

I knew it was used in Asylum, but I didn't know they used it for so many other things.

Didja ever notice - There is a particular clock that shows up in almost every episode.

No, never. Got a picture, or some kind of clue what to look for?

Didja notice - Throughout the series, whenever a room is numbered, the room number is always 237. (When Dean sneaks into the old lady's hospital room "Supernatural: Something Wicked (#1.18)" the number on the door is 237. When Dean is in the hospital, talking with Tessa in "Supernatural: In My Time of Dying (#2.1)" it's announced over the PA system that there's "an emergency in room 237." In "Supernatural: Playthings (#2.11)" Sam and Dean check into the Peirpont Inn and will be staying in room 237.) Room number 237 is the room Danny Torrance is told to stay out of in The Shining.

Good one! I thought they usually used the number of the episode for the rooms, as was mentioned here before.

Didja know - While it maybe coincidental the choice of the name Winchester for the family is interesting. There is a rather famous mansion in California built by Sarah Winchester, wife of the gun magnate, which was under constant construction for 38 years for paranormal reasons. According to legend the reason for the constant building was a medium telling Mrs. Winchester that if she ever stopped building the spirits of those killed by Winchester rifles would come after her. The strange design of the mansion is also attributed to this. It was built with dead ends and stairs to nowhere allegedly to confuse spirits.

Very interesting. I wonder if this caused the name change, since the boys' last name was Harrison in the earlier pilot drafts.

These are not things I noticed by myself, just so you know. Not gonna take credit for awesome little tidbits like this. It's just trivia facts I found while searching around online. I thought they were interesting, and I'm glad I finally have people to share them with that will actually care! Haha!

Same here, I very rarely notice stuff like this. I'm probably too busy following the storylines - and ogling Dean... :o

Crichiel
June 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Didja notice that in Salvation, when John is explaining the demon's pattern to the boys, Sam seems surprised to learn that their Mom died on his 6-month birthday. Really? Wouldn't he know his own birthday and the date of his mother's death?

Didja ever notice that at times the exorcism spell has changed?

Didja notice that John says Meg is a demon or a human possessed by a demon. Have we met any demons that WEREN'T possessing a human?

Didja notice (a lot of these are from Salvation and Devil's Trap while they were apparently still working out demon details!) that the demons possess the two guys outside Sunrise Apartments without the usual black smoke? It's just a wind that comes up.

From that IMTOD commentary we were talking about on another thread:

Didja catch that while Tessa and Dean are in the hallway, the voice on the PA says, "Paging Dr. Kripke"?

Didja know that they couldn't get the rights to the 'official' Ouija board, so they had to design their own?

Didja know that to properly destroy Sam's laptop for the scene, Kim Manners told the prop master to throw it off the studio roof...so he did!

starg8fans
June 20th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Man, now I really wanna see that ep with the commentary... Great stuff there, Crichiel.

Didja ever notice that Bela and Dean had the same last word before they were dragged to hell? It was "bit**".

LizzieAnne
June 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
This is one I read somewhere, but I think it's a whopper.

Didja ever notice that in Provenance, when Dean realizes that the razor in the picture has changed place, Jensen says 'Jared' instead of 'Sam'!?! (It's at 25:40, if you want to check.)

Whoa..no I hadn't noticed that..I'll pay attention to that on a re-watch now :P

No I didn't notice that but did notice that in one ep...can't remember which atm..that when they have their mug shots taken against the height chart in the background that Dean's height isn't accurate...he's made taller. Maybe it's an in-joke.

Didja notice that in Salvation, when John is explaining the demon's pattern to the boys, Sam seems surprised to learn that their Mom died on his 6-month birthday. Really? Wouldn't he know his own birthday and the date of his mother's death?

Probably not...he's a guy...they don't remember such things, But saying that I don't suppose anyone would be able to remember the date of their own six month birthday straight off? I know I couldn't.. :P

Didja notice (a lot of these are from Salvation and Devil's Trap while they were apparently still working out demon details!) that the demons possess the two guys outside Sunrise Apartments without the usual black smoke? It's just a wind that comes up.

That's something I did notice last night...I made notes. :P

Crichiel
June 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
Didja ever notice that at the beginning of CSPWDT, Dean leans down to look at Angela's grave. When he leans down, he is wearing a second silver chain/necklace (one he is also seen wearing in No Exit), but when he stands up, the necklace is no longer there?

starg8fans
June 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Probably not...he's a guy...they don't remember such things, But saying that I don't suppose anyone would be able to remember the date of their own six month birthday straight off? I know I couldn't.. :P

Yeah, that's what I figure. Guess he hadn't realized that he was 6 months to the day.

Didja ever notice that at the beginning of CSPWDT, Dean leans down to look at Angela's grave. When he leans down, he is wearing a second silver chain/necklace (one he is also seen wearing in No Exit), but when he stands up, the necklace is no longer there?

Nope, never noticed him wearing anything but the amulet - except for WIAWSNB.

Didja ever notice that the final shot of the Pilot and the S2 finale are almost identical, only with Sam and Dean switching places and lines? In both eps, you get the shot from the inside of the trunk, and one of the boys throws a gun inside, says 'We've got work to do' and closes the lid. In the Pilot it's Sam, in All Hell Breaks Loose II its' Dean.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S1/PilotFinalScene.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S2/SN222_971.jpg

GenieinaZPM
June 21st, 2010, 01:59 PM
No, never. Got a picture, or some kind of clue what to look for?

No, sorry. I've been curious too and I do keep an eye out. I *think* it's the alarm clocks in the hotel rooms, but there's usually a clock hanging on the wall at some point in almost every episode. I just haven't sorted it out. Let me know if you do!

GenieinaZPM
June 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Didja notice that John says Meg is a demon or a human possessed by a demon. Have we met any demons that WEREN'T possessing a human?

I noticed that too. It bothered me a bit, but I let it go....UNTIL NOW! ;)

Haha yeah, I noticed that when I watched it for the second time. I actually had to pause it so I could angrily point it out to my bf!

LtColCarter
June 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Didja notice that Dean's hotel room number was 100 in episode 5x18?

There are several occasions where Dean drives the Impala somewhere and then Castiel teleports him somewhere else for his own safety. Didja ever wonder what happens to the car?

starg8fans
June 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Didja notice that Dean's hotel room number was 100 in episode 5x18?

Yes. BTW, after all these rumors about the motel room numbers being 237 all the time, or having the number of the ep -
Didja notice that the motel room number in A Very Supernatural Christmas was 12? The episode number was 5.08, so how does that fit? Except that it was set in December, which is the twelfth month...

There are several occasions where Dean drives the Impala somewhere and then Castiel teleports him somewhere else for his own safety. Didja ever wonder what happens to the car?

Maybe Cas can zap cars as well. May have some carburator trouble afterwords, though... :D

Didja ever notice that in The Usual Suspects the writing on the wall that explain the cryptic message from the ghost makes no sense? The letters are glued to the window, but on the wall they appear as light on a dark background. It should be just the other way around.

LizzieAnne
June 22nd, 2010, 01:56 PM

I think they need a new continuity person....I know just the person. :P

Didja ever notice that the final shot of the Pilot and the S2 finale are almost identical, only with Sam and Dean switching places and lines? In both eps, you get the shot from the inside of the trunk, and one of the boys throws a gun inside, says 'We've got work to do' and closes the lid. In the Pilot it's Sam, in All Hell Breaks Loose II its' Dean.

I did notice that...I like it.

Didja notice in Mystery Spot that when Dean is gargling in the bathroom for the first time with Sam watching him...even though Jared has his face away from the camera there is just enough of the side of his face showing to see that he is grinning at Jensen. :P

Crichiel
June 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I think they need a new continuity person....I know just the person. :P

Who? Me? All right, I accept! :D

Yes. BTW, after all these rumors about the motel room numbers being 237 all the time, or having the number of the ep -

Maybe Cas can zap cars as well. May have some carburator trouble afterwords, though... :D

You know, I am kicking myself because I can't remember where I read that interview now, where the person who worked on the show talked about it. And I can't remember who it was being interviewed! I just remember thinking that, since I was about to start my summer re-watch, I would keep an eye out for the number thing....but so far, I haven't seen it to be true! :confused:

I also wonder about the car. I never get around to actually writing fanfic, but I have lots of ideas, and I know for one of my ideas, I kind of stopped and thought, "Hold on. What happens to the Impala in that case? Did Cas bring her along?!" :)

Didja ever notice the name of the coroner's assistant in Bloodlust is named J. Manners after Kim Manners?

Didja know that they didn't actually tell Robert Singer that they were going to give Bobby his name until they were pretty much ready to shoot?

starg8fans
June 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
IDidja notice in Mystery Spot that when Dean is gargling in the bathroom for the first time with Sam watching him...even though Jared has his face away from the camera there is just enough of the side of his face showing to see that he is grinning at Jensen. :P

This kind of stuff happens quite a bit. This is something I read on a trivia page, but I did go back and check it:

Didja notice in Folsam Prison Blues that in the scene in the courtyard when Dean gets up, hands full of cigarettes, going 'Hey fellas - who's ready to deal?' you can just see Jared in the foreground mouthing along with the words?

Actually, the title of this ep makes me wonder - has anybody ever counted how many episodes are named after song names?

Didja ever notice the name of the coroner's assistant in Bloodlust is named J. Manners after Kim Manners?

Didja know that they didn't actually tell Robert Singer that they were going to give Bobby his name until they were pretty much ready to shoot?

No to both. But I love the way they bring real people's names into the show.

LtColCarter
June 23rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Didja ever wonder why Sam & Dean didn't know that their momma and her family were respected hunters??

starg8fans
June 23rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Didja ever wonder why Sam & Dean didn't know that their momma and her family were respected hunters??

You know what, that reminds me of something. In The Kids are Alright at the end Sam finds out that all of his mother's relatives and friends were killed by the YED. I thought it had never been explained on the show, but maybe it was just for that - so John and her sons wouldn't find out they came from a family of hunters. Although - that doesn't make any sense, because the YED killed Jess so Sam would continue to hunt, to stay sharp and ready for his destiny. As for Samuel and Deanna having a reputation with other hunters, remember that Samuel told Dean he didn't work with other hunters. So maybe they were doing their own thing. In those days - without e-mail, internet or mobile phones - I'm sure it wasn't as easy for hunters to stay in touch.

Crichiel
June 23rd, 2010, 06:39 AM

John definitely didn't know they were hunters when they were married. I don't think they really knew anything about her family. They say in Bloodlust that her headstone was put there by an uncle they never met.

Didja notice in Mystery Spot that when Dean is gargling in the bathroom for the first time with Sam watching him...even though Jared has his face away from the camera there is just enough of the side of his face showing to see that he is grinning at Jensen. :P

I tried to find it, I guess I can kinda see it a little bit, but it is pretty darn subtle!

Didja notice in Folsam Prison Blues that in the scene in the courtyard when Dean gets up, hands full of cigarettes, going 'Hey fellas - who's ready to deal?' you can just see Jared in the foreground mouthing along with the words?

Another subtle one. I would NEVER have noticed this one on my own, because they cut away from Jared pretty quickly. Good catch! :)

Didja ever notice (I am sure everyone does on this one, because it is VERY visible) that when the boys watch Bela drive away at the end of BDABR, Jared totally busts up laughing and has to turn away? BUT, didja know that in a con interview, Jared explains that 1) the reason he did so was because Jensen ad libbed that "Son of a b****!", so he didn't know it was coming and 2) the reason he still tried to save the scene (and presumably the reason it was left in) was that it was the tail-end of a long one-er (a long, involved scene done in one take) and he knew they would have to start the whole thing all over again if he ruined the scene, which would have made a lot of people unhappy.

LtColCarter
June 23rd, 2010, 06:40 AM
You know what, that reminds me of something. In The Kids are Alright at the end Sam finds out that all of his mother's relatives and friends were killed by the YED. I thought it had never been explained on the show, but maybe it was just for that - so John and her sons wouldn't find out they came from a family of hunters. Although - that doesn't make any sense, because the YED killed Jess so Sam would continue to hunt, to stay sharp and ready for his destiny. As for Samuel and Deanna having a reputation with other hunters, remember that Samuel told Dean he didn't work with other hunters. So maybe they were doing their own thing. In those days - without e-mail, internet or mobile phones - I'm sure it wasn't as easy for hunters to stay in touch.

True...But why would Ma & Pa Winchester hide the fact they were hunters from Dean? Because up until the episode where the time travel happened and Dean met John in the past...there was never any mention of Mom being a hunter. Don't get me wrong...I love the twist...but it makes you wonder why they created this continuity hole...

starg8fans
June 23rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Didja ever notice (I am sure everyone does on this one, because it is VERY visible) that when the boys watch Bela drive away at the end of BDABR, Jared totally busts up laughing and has to turn away? BUT, didja know that in a con interview, Jared explains that 1) the reason he did so was because Jensen ad libbed that "Son of a b****!", so he didn't know it was coming and 2) the reason he still tried to save the scene (and presumably the reason it was left in) was that it was the tail-end of a long one-er (a long, involved scene done in one take) and he knew they would have to start the whole thing all over again if he ruined the scene, which would have made a lot of people unhappy.

Nice BTS info on that one. And just another example of just how much ad-libbing is going on in this show. And good for Jared to be react so professionally and save the scene. Not sure if I've said this here before (and no time to look back if I have) but -

Didja know that both the reference to Gilmore Girls in Hollywood Babylon and to House of Wax in Fallen Idols were ad-libs? That came out at the con in Barcelona a few weeks ago.

True...But why would Ma & Pa Winchester hide the fact they were hunters from Dean? Because up until the episode where the time travel happened and Dean met John in the past...there was never any mention of Mom being a hunter. Don't get me wrong...I love the twist...but it makes you wonder why they created this continuity hole...

You've lost me - Ma and Pa Winchester? Are you referring to John and Mary? Mary didn't want to have anything to do with hunting, so she never told John about it. And when (S5 spoiler)he found out in The Song Remains the Same Michael wiped his memories. So of course the boys wouldn't know, because Mary wanted to bury the past and John had no idea.

LizzieAnne
June 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Who? Me? All right, I accept! :D

Make sure you let us know how you get on..:P

I tried to find it, I guess I can kinda see it a little bit, but it is pretty darn subtle!

Well..I was capping that scene and doing a frame by frame...somehow it's easier to notice these things then...or maybe it's that I pay far to much attention to Jared's face. Now that could be embarrassing if I wasn't saying it to you lot... :D

Nice BTS info on that one. And just another example of just how much ad-libbing is going on in this show. And good for Jared to be react so professionally and save the scene. Not sure if I've said this here before (and no time to look back if I have) but -

Didja know that both the reference to Gilmore Girls in Hollywood Babylon and to House of Wax in Fallen Idols were ad-libs? That came out at the con in Barcelona a few weeks ago.

I read that as well...and also Jared said that he wondered if any of the fans would notice!!! If only he knew... :lol:

Crichiel
June 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Didja notice that in The Usual Suspects, while Diana's typing skills are questionable up to that point, if you watch her hands when the computer starts going Dana Shulps crazy, she DOES use the correct 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' key combination to try and 'end task'!

Crichiel
June 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM
-Didja ever notice towards the end of Nightshifter, Dean is leaning over the shapeshifter, Sam is right next to him, they both look up at a noise, the shapeshifter comes up from the floor to attack Dean, they struggle loudly for a good 5 seconds....but Sam doesn't even NOTICE, until the real Sherry yells?! Way to have your brother's back, Sam!! Sheesh.

-Total fangirl catch: Didja ever notice how vividly Jensen's freckles stand out in the interrogation rooms scenes of Usual Suspects?

starg8fans
June 27th, 2010, 01:38 PM
-Didja ever notice towards the end of Nightshifter, Dean is leaning over the shapeshifter, Sam is right next to him, they both look up at a noise, the shapeshifter comes up from the floor to attack Dean, they struggle loudly for a good 5 seconds....but Sam doesn't even NOTICE, until the real Sherry yells?! Way to have your brother's back, Sam!! Sheesh.

-Total fangirl catch: Didja ever notice how vividly Jensen's freckles stand out in the interrogation rooms scenes of Usual Suspects?

Yes, I did - and I have the cap to prove it.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S2/SPNTheUsualSuspects10009180b.jpg

LtColCarter
June 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM

:lol:

Crichiel
July 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
There were SO many in-jokes in Hollywood Babylon, but this one took me a couple viewings to catch.

Didja notice that Sam does a double-take in the lot when two guys go by pushing a rack of clothes....and on that rack are about 10 of Sam's shirts and 10 of Dean's leather jackets?

eviladam
July 5th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Didja ever notice in Hell House the original Ghost facers last names are Spangler and Zeddemore in reference to Ghost Busters? And how when they're trying to sneak past the cops Dean yells "Who you gonna call?"

eviladam
July 5th, 2010, 02:35 AM

YES! I've been wondering about this for a while now. I want to say it's part 1 of the season 2 finale. I'm almost positive. Need to do a rewatch though.

Any way one of the 'special' kids wipes a line through the salt barrier by the window and a child demon smokes in and takes human form. And they call it by a specific name. But my take was that it was not possesing a human, it was just assuming a human form.

LtColCarter
July 5th, 2010, 08:58 AM
YES! I've been wondering about this for a while now. I want to say it's part 1 of the season 2 finale. I'm almost positive. Need to do a rewatch though.

Any way one of the 'special' kids wipes a line through the salt barrier by the window and a child demon smokes in and takes human form. And they call it by a specific name. But my take was that it was not possesing a human, it was just assuming a human form.

I know what you're talking about...and if SPN is following what demonologists say about demons...they take the form of children, animals, or possess people.

LizzieAnne
July 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM
What about the Daeva demons in Shadow....they're the only ones I can think of off hand. And does the Anti-Christ boy count? He's part demon has demonic powers and isn't possessing anyone...although maybe he's a bit of a special case.

Crichiel
July 10th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Didja notice in WIAWSNB the lawn mower Dean uses is set ridiculously high, it wouldn't cut anything!

starg8fans
July 10th, 2010, 08:24 AM
No, I didn't notice that - but it would reinforce the fact that Dean has no clue how to mow a lawn.

Crichiel
July 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Well, they said it was a real house on location. They probably had to do that to keep from over-mowing the real lawn. I imagine they also probably took the blade off as well to protect the homeowner's property. But I still smile everytime I see Dean's miserable landscaping skills!

LoneStar1836
July 10th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Didja notice in WIAWSNB the lawn mower Dean uses is set ridiculously high, it wouldn't cut anything!

I totally noticed that and it bugs me to no end every time. :D

They could have set it lower because I seriously doubt they even had the mower running when they filmed it. Granted it's totally easier to push through grass when it's set high so maybe they didn't want to wear Jensen out.

Crichiel
July 11th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Didja notice in Red Sky At Morning Sam starts the Latin chant in the cemetary at the end and the second word he says is "Castiel"!

RodneyIsGodney
July 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Didja notice in Red Sky At Morning Sam starts the Latin chant in the cemetary at the end and the second word he says is "Castiel"!
Yep. Noticed it the first time I saw the episode!

Crichiel
July 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Yep. Noticed it the first time I saw the episode!

I take it you saw season 4 BEFORE you saw season 3 then?

RodneyIsGodney
July 11th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I take it you saw season 4 BEFORE you saw season 3 then?
Um...yeah.

Didja notice that in the episode Bad Day at Black Rock that bunnies/rabbits abound in the episode? There is a rabit coming out of a (magic) hat on the scratch tickets and the war veteran/medic as a patch on his shoulder with a rabbit on it. There are others too...
I actually didn't notice this. I, ah, read about it in the SPN S3 companion guide.:o

RodneyIsGodney
July 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry this is late stars.:o

Would you share with us how you got to this number? Cause I'm a bit confused whether Dean died 101 and 102 times in Mystery Spot. And when he died in Sam's vision, shot by Psychic Boy in S1 - does that count?
Spoilers for S5...
Okay, here goes... At one point in Mystery Spot Sam says "This is the hundredth Tuesday in a row I've been through..." Dean's 100th death is by dog. Then death 101 comes on Wednesday, only this one is real, poor sam. Before that is, as you say, Psychic Boy - which is his first death. 103 so far... Future Dean in The endis killed by Lucifer/Sam. 104 now... Then there's No Rest for the Wicked where it's death by Hell Hound. 105.
To review:

Death #1.....Nightmare (Sam's vision)
Death #2.....Mystery Spot (100 x)
Death #3.....Mystery Spot (Wednesday)
Death #4.....No Rest for the Wicked(Helll hound's chew toy)
Death #5.....The End (future Dean)

Crichiel
July 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Um...yeah.

Didja notice that in the episode Bad Day at Black Rock that bunnies/rabbits abound in the episode? There is a rabit coming out of a (magic) hat on the scratch tickets and the war veteran/medic as a patch on his shoulder with a rabbit on it. There are others too...
I actually didn't notice this. I, ah, read about it in the SPN S3 companion guide.:o

Well, you are still more observant than I am! I also saw the seasons out of order, but never heard Sam say Castiel until today when I watched the ep! AND, I have that same season 3 companion book and I don't remember that about the rabbits! I must have old-timer's disease already!

eviladam
July 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Well, you are still more observant than I am! I also saw the seasons out of order, but never heard Sam say Castiel until today when I watched the ep! AND, I have that same season 3 companion book and I don't remember that about the rabbits! I must have old-timer's disease already!

You're both more observant than me. I've seen that episode since season 4 and I still didn't catch it.

LtColCarter
July 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Um...yeah.

I had to go back and watch that one again...and yes I noticed this time around. Amazing what we miss unless we're clued into it.

starg8fans
July 12th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Sorry this is late stars.:o

Spoilers for S5...
Okay, here goes... At one point in Mystery Spot Sam says "This is the hundredth Tuesday in a row I've been through..." Dean's 100th death is by dog. Then death 101 comes on Wednesday, only this one is real, poor sam. Before that is, as you say, Psychic Boy - which is his first death. 103 so far... Future Dean in The endis killed by Lucifer/Sam. 104 now... Then there's No Rest for the Wicked where it's death by Hell Hound. 105.
To review:

Death #1.....Nightmare (Sam's vision)
Death #2.....Mystery Spot (100 x)
Death #3.....Mystery Spot (Wednesday)
Death #4.....No Rest for the Wicked(Helll hound's chew toy)
Death #5.....The End (future Dean)

Thanks for coming back to this! But I have one more to add to the list. (S5 spoiler)
Dean got shot dead in Dark Side of the Moon

As for hearing things in incantations, I thought it was funny when Cas mentioned 'Nokia' in the summoning spell forRafael in S5. Kinda continued with the phone metaphor they started when mentioning the 'open line' thing between the angel and his vessel.

RodneyIsGodney
July 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks for coming back to this!
Your welcome...

But I have one more to add to the list. (S5 spoiler)
Dean got shot dead in Dark Side of the Moon
YES! Your right! I completely forgot about that one!:o

So, he's died 106 times. Poor Dean!

As for hearing things in incantations, I thought it was funny when Cas mentioned 'Nokia' in the summoning spell forRafael in S5. Kinda continued with the phone metaphor they started when mentioning the 'open line' thing between the angel and his vessel.
Interesting...

RodneyIsGodney
July 16th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah...I know...quoting myself...sad.:P

So, he's died 106 times. Poor Dean!

Just saw another Dean death...in Dream A Little Dream of Me real Dean shoots dream Dean dead. But he was only dead for like a few seconds before he goes all demon-y.

So...107 times...and counting...

Crichiel
July 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Didja notice how bad Madge Carrigan (A Very Supernatural Christmas) is at torturing her victims? Usually, they do the gag with the knife cutting pretty well, but when she cuts Dean's second arm, it is blatantly obvious she isn't cutting him!

RodneyIsGodney
July 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Didja notice how bad Madge Carrigan (A Very Supernatural Christmas) is at torturing her victims? Usually, they do the gag with the knife cutting pretty well, but when she cuts Dean's second arm, it is blatantly obvious she isn't cutting him!
I know right? His arm bleeds way to soon, the blade's just barely touched his skin and there's this stream of blood pouring out.

Crichiel
July 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I know right? His arm bleeds way to soon, the blade's just barely touched his skin and there's this stream of blood pouring out.

And you can see the totally healthy, UNcut skin underneath!

starg8fans
July 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Not to mention the fact that when she waves the 'dagger' around you can basically see it doesn't have a sharp blade...

RodneyIsGodney
July 17th, 2010, 04:20 PM
And you can see the totally healthy, UNcut skin underneath!

Not to mention the fact that when she waves the 'dagger' around you can basically see it doesn't have a sharp blade...
Yep.

Didja notice that in Asylum Sam says, "The man can't even work a toaster." yet he can hunt, shoot guns and...fix cars! I mean, how can a man who is an accomplished mechanic have trouble working a toaster?

I guess, at that point, they hadn't fleshed him out yet.

starg8fans
July 17th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Maybe he was talking not about toaster per se but one of those modern toaster ovens with all kinds of programs and stuff... It's not unusual for manually adept people to be useless at electronic gadgets.

What irked me a lot more in that episode, or rather the beginning of the next one - didja notice that there was no trace whatsoever of the rock salt on Dean's chest when he woke up the next morning. If the shot threw him through a wall, you'd think at least some of those crystals would have broken the skin.

Crichiel
July 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Maybe he was talking not about toaster per se but one of those modern toaster ovens with all kinds of programs and stuff... It's not unusual for manually adept people to be useless at electronic gadgets.

What irked me a lot more in that episode, or rather the beginning of the next one - didja notice that there was no trace whatsoever of the rock salt on Dean's chest when he woke up the next morning. If the shot threw him through a wall, you'd think at least some of those crystals would have broken the skin.

My thoughts as well, on both points.

1). I have a brother who is a computer wiz, and has no clue how to turn on an oven. And my dad, who can fix cars, has no idea how to program a thing on his phone!

2). As a fellow whumper, that lack of injury from the rock salt blast also annoys me to no end.

Didja notice, that besides all the other reasons I think they miscast WeeDean, he has the wrong colour eyes!

starg8fans
July 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
My thoughts as well, on both points.

1). I have a brother who is a computer wiz, and has no clue how to turn on an oven. And my dad, who can fix cars, has no idea how to program a thing on his phone!

2). As a fellow whumper, that lack of injury from the rock salt blast also annoys me to no end.

Didja notice, that besides all the other reasons I think they miscast WeeDean, he has the wrong colour eyes!

Really? I guess I tried not to look at him too closely - that kid creeped my out.

Didja notice... in the Pilot, when Sam comments on Dean's cassette tape collection he shows him a tape labelled 'Metallica', but when Dean takes it and puts it in the player it plays AC/DC Back in Black.

RodneyIsGodney
July 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Didja notice... in the Pilot, when Sam comments on Dean's cassette tape collection he shows him a tape labelled 'Metallica', but when Dean takes it and puts it in the player it plays AC/DC Back in Black.
Really? Interesting...

Didja notice...that when ever Dean opens the trunk of the impala and lifts up the lid to the false bottom he always props it(the lid) open with a sawed off? It's cool.:cool:

Crichiel
July 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Really? Interesting...

Didja notice...that when ever Dean opens the trunk of the impala and lifts up the lid to the false bottom he always props it(the lid) open with a sawed off? It's cool.:cool:

Did notice a few viewings ago about the Metallica tape playing AC/DC. And I also noticed the sawed-off holding open the trunk, which I also think is very cool!

Pretty common knowledge maybe, but I still think is awesome: Didja know, one of the coolest twists was that Dean wasn't saved from his deal and actually went to Hell, but if it hadn't been for the writer's strike, he WOULD have been saved? They didn't think of really sending him there until they realised they didn't have enough episodes to delve into Sam's trip to the Dark Side with Ruby.

starg8fans
July 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Did notice a few viewings ago about the Metallica tape playing AC/DC. And I also noticed the sawed-off holding open the trunk, which I also think is very cool!

Pretty common knowledge maybe, but I still think is awesome: Didja know, one of the coolest twists was that Dean wasn't saved from his deal and actually went to Hell, but if it hadn't been for the writer's strike, he WOULD have been saved? They didn't think of really sending him there until they realised they didn't have enough episodes to delve into Sam's trip to the Dark Side with Ruby.

I knew about the writers' strike changing the original plan of saving Dean from hell, but I didn't know they were going to use that angle to get him off the hook. Do you have any more details?

LtColCarter
July 22nd, 2010, 05:36 AM
I knew about the writers' strike changing the original plan of saving Dean from hell, but I didn't know they were going to use that angle to get him off the hook. Do you have any more details?

or angel ;)

starg8fans
July 22nd, 2010, 07:52 AM
or angel ;)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/smilies/goodone.gif

Crichiel
July 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM

The original story was going to be that Ruby would get him addicted to the demon blood (they DID always intend for her to be evil, from the time she was introduced). Sam would then develop his powers to a point where he was strong enough to save Dean from the deal, but the big end-of-the-season twist was going to be the 'at what cost to his soul?' angle (angel ;) ).

starg8fans
July 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
The original story was going to be that Ruby would get him addicted to the demon blood (they DID always intend for her to be evil, from the time she was introduced). Sam would then develop his powers to a point where he was strong enough to save Dean from the deal, but the big end-of-the-season twist was going to be the 'at what cost to his soul?' angle (angel ;) ).

Interesting concept. Don't know if I would have preferred a whole season of Dean angsting about whether or not Sam is evil, though. And I guess there was no plan to go for an angel angle? ;) Well, at least something good came out of the writers' strike, then - we got Castiel.

Speaking of which, it seems Castiel has not only the power to heal humans but to heal inanimate objects as well. Didja notice... when he made his appearance in Lazarus Rising his clothes were shredded with bullets from the shotgun, but when he came back in the next episode they were pristine again. So either he has a supply of 'divine tax accountant' attire, or he's a whiz at darning.

queen_hathor
July 22nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
*runs in*

Haven't had time to read all the posts, so I'm just gonna jump in ... Lizzie & I watched Bad day at Black Rock recently, and I spotted that after Sam had 'lost' his shoe... i.e. it dropped into the drain/sewer with a big splash which to me, means it's gone, yeah? Noooo. When Dean takes him to the motel to keep his 'safe', Sammy is wearing both shoes, and not leaving a drop of water behind him! :rolleyes:

iolanda
July 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Are sewers that deep in the US? They usually have a sump, so Sams shoe wouldn't have fallen too deep to dig him out again, and he doesn't necessarily need to get wet at all.

Crichiel
July 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Are sewers that deep in the US? They usually have a sump, so Sams shoe wouldn't have fallen too deep to dig him out again, and he doesn't necessarily need to get wet at all.

The ones here in Minnesota are about 5-6 feet deep (2 meters?). I actually find it funny in shows when a person sees something in the storm drain and reaches with their arm to get it because you could never reach it that way here! But they are generally dry, so the splash was interesting.

RodneyIsGodney
July 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
The ones here in Minnesota are about 5-6 feet deep (2 meters?). I actually find it funny in shows when a person sees something in the storm drain and reaches with their arm to get it because you could never reach it that way here! But they are generally dry, so the splash was interesting.
Maybe they added it in for effect? Sewers where I live (Connecticut) almost always have water in them, and there rather shallow...and small.

About Sam wearing his lost shoe in the motel... maybe Dean fished it out for him? It sounded like it didn't fall all that far....it could have been a shallow sewer.

I tell you one thing... sewers give me the creeps. Ever since I saw the movie It and heard that scary @ss clown proclaim: "They all float down here." :S

starg8fans
July 23rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
Just re-watched Sam, Interrupted and I actually found this one myself...

Didja notice... on the file the Doc Fuller is reading during the interview at the beginning of the ep, Sam's name is given as Edward van Halen, Dean's as his brother Alex. But when the doctor addresses Sam, he calls him 'Elvis'. Later, when he comes to pick Sam up for group, he refers to them as Eddie and Alex. But then, both Dean's lady doctor (when she first introduces herself) and Doc Fuller (as he passes under the mirror) call Dean Eddie.

And something else: the text in the file already reports the results of the interview that is only about to take place at that point.

Crichiel
July 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
And something else: the text in the file already reports the results of the interview that is only about to take place at that point.

Must have been the actor's cheat sheet for his lines!

Ok, as I rewatch all the eps, this one comes up way more than I ever noticed before (maybe not as obvious to any of you not from the U.S.):

Didja notice Jensen's accent?

Lots of reasons why I find it fascinating.
1) because I've never heard it come through in Jensen's other tv work.
2) because I don't hear it in his interviews (so I wonder if it's a conscious choice, but it wouldn't make sense with their moving all over for Dean to have a Southern accent).
3) one place you can predict it is his big emotional scenes (the time it's the most clear is when he's talking to dead Sam in Cold Springs in AHBL pt.2).
4) there are UNpredictable times when it comes through (most noticeably in DALDOM when they are in the hospital and Sam yells at him for drinking the beer, he says "I was thirsty." And in Mystery Spot when he walks up to the dog saying , "Hey, buddy! Somebody need a friend?")
5) because I can't think of a single line where I've heard Jared's accent.

iolanda
July 24th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am so jealous right now ;) I'd love to be able to recognize his accent, but I am unable to distinguish between a slurred word and a real accent.

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Ok, as I rewatch all the eps, this one comes up way more than I ever noticed before (maybe not as obvious to any of you not from the U.S.):

YES! I hear it all the time...the way he says certain words. I also noticed it in one of the vids I rec'd in the SPN vid thread. The one where he's talking about kissing a girl in pre-school - his first kiss!. When he says, "I didn't know what to do..." I hear the accent on the word "do". And I love it! he video is so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pzBGcB6RrE ...just in case you wanna hear it for yourself.

Lots of reasons why I find it fascinating.
1) because I've never heard it come through in Jensen's other tv work.
2) because I don't hear it in his interviews (so I wonder if it's a conscious choice, but it wouldn't make sense with their moving all over for Dean to have a Southern accent).
3) one place you can predict it is his big emotional scenes (the time it's the most clear is when he's talking to dead Sam in Cold Springs in AHBL pt.2).
4) there are UNpredictable times when it comes through (most noticeably in DALDOM when they are in the hospital and Sam yells at him for drinking the beer, he says "I was thirsty." And in Mystery Spot when he walks up to the dog saying , "Hey, buddy! Somebody need a friend?")
5) because I can't think of a single line where I've heard Jared's accent.
I agree with all of this.;) And yes, it is fascinating.:D

Didja notice... season 5 ...in Abandon All Hope when Dean is saying goodbye to Jo and puts the detonator in her hand there is an ugly bruise under the nail of his right middle finger. Wonder what Jensen did?

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-bruis-fingernail-1.jpg
OUCH!

iolanda
July 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Jepp I noticed that, I even had an investigation because that happened around the time the ring disappeared from his finger. Today I saw "Fallen Idols" and I think his finger was already black back then, but just a little bit.

http://iolandasblog.livejournal.com/28844.html

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Jepp I noticed that, I even had an investigation because that happened around the time the ring disappeared from his finger. Today I saw "Fallen Idols" and I think his finger was already black back then, but just a little bit.

Ah ha...I did notice the swelling but I was't sure if it was the lighting of/in the pic or my imagination. Poor Jensen, I do hope Danneel kissed it and made it better.

starg8fans
July 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Must have been the actor's cheat sheet for his lines!

No, it didn't have the dialogue, but it mentioned that 'Eddie' was interviewed in the presence of his brother 'Alex' and was admitted to the hospital.

<snipped for length

Even though I'm German I went to university in North Carolina, so I developed an ear for the southern twang. The line where I noticed it the most was in The Magnificent Seven, in the scene at the end when Sam confronts Dean about not trying to break the deal. Dean tells him, We trap the crossroads demon, trick it, try to welch our way out of the deal in any way? You die. Okay? You die. The 'die' sounded more like 'duuh'.

YES! I hear it all the time...the way he says certain words. I also noticed it in one of the vids I rec'd in the SPN vid thread. The one where he's talking about kissing a girl in pre-school - his first kiss!. When he says, "I didn't know what to do..." I hear the accent on the word "do". And I love it! he video is so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pzBGcB6RrE ...just in case you wanna hear it for yourself.

That clip is just adorable.

Didja notice... season 5 ...in Abandon All Hope when Dean is saying goodbye to Jo and puts the detonator in her hand there is an ugly bruise under the nail of his right middle finger. Wonder what Jensen did?

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-bruis-fingernail-1.jpg
OUCH!

Ouch indeed.

Yes, I remember that. Excellent bit of research there. I first noticed it in Changing Channels when he's drying his hands after working on the Impala during the opening credits - there's a band aid around the finger. Maybe he squashed it under the axe, if it was already black in Fallen Idols?

Crichiel
July 24th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Oops! Spoke an hour too soon about Jared. In the beginning of Long Distance Call, Sam says they're already on a case and when Dean asks him which one, Jared says, "Yers" instead of "yours". Totally a Southern drawl!

This goes back to one of our first "Didja notice"-es. The thing with the room numbers. Still don't know where I read about them matching the epsiode numbers (I'm sure it was an issue of Supernatural Magazine, but haven't found the issue yet). And I know we've already found episodes where this isn't the case. BUT, I also have noticed that as far as I can tell, in season 3 at least, they are following this rule. The latest example was just watching Time Is On My Side. Episode 15 and they were in room 15. Now, I didn't go through and takes notes or anything, but everytime I noticed the room number, it did match in this season.

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
This goes back to one of our first "Didja notice"-es. The thing with the room numbers. Still don't know where I read about them matching the epsiode numbers (I'm sure it was an issue of Supernatural Magazine, but haven't found the issue yet). And I know we've already found episodes where this isn't the case. BUT, I also have noticed that as far as I can tell, in season 3 at least, they are following this rule. The latest example was just watching Time Is On My Side. Episode 15 and they were in room 15. Now, I didn't go through and takes notes or anything, but everytime I noticed the room number, it did match in this season.
Yeah, I read about it somewhere too and, like you, I can't remember where. I think it's pretty cool.:cool:

Crichiel
July 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
My season 4 set came with a bonus dvd that had the 2008(?) Supernatural Comic Con panel. That one had this little nugget:

Didja know that Eric Kripke even put it in writing in the script that Jensen was NOT to sing on-key in the scene where Sam and Dean sing? Eric said Jensen has too good a singing voice and nothing would have turned that scene into schmaltz more than him singing it well.

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
My season 4 set came with a bonus dvd that had the 2008(?) Supernatural Comic Con panel. That one had this little nugget:

Didja know that Eric Kripke even put it in writing in the script that Jensen was NOT to sing on-key in the scene where Sam and Dean sing? Eric said Jensen has too good a singing voice and nothing would have turned that scene into schmaltz more than him singing it well.
Damn, my season 4 set doesn't have that!:( Maybe they're different regions? ...and, yes, I knew that about Jensen's voice in that scene.

starg8fans
July 24th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Must have been some special edition. Lucky you! I was wondering what they were doing with the footage from those cons. They always film the panels, and I'd pay dearly for the privilege of having a professional recording of what is said there, but I've never seen a DVD on offer. No offense to the fans who bring us the stuff on YT, but the sound is usually terrible so you're lucky to understand about half of what is said. And for some reason Jensen's voice is often more distorted than Jared's. Could be the lower pitch, or nerves or something. :S

Crichiel
July 24th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Could probably also file this under the "you know you're obsessed" thread. I had pre-ordered the season from Amazon months ahead of time. Then the week it was to be released, the Sunday paper had it's usual weekly circular for our mega-retailer, Target. It listed SPN season 4 at a slightly higher price than Amazon...BUT, the exclusive Target packaging had the extra Comic Con disc.

Needless to say, I immediately jumped online and cancelled my Amazon order and on Tuesday morning, was at Target first thing!

starg8fans
July 25th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Could probably also file this under the "you know you're obsessed" thread. I had pre-ordered the season from Amazon months ahead of time. Then the week it was to be released, the Sunday paper had it's usual weekly circular for our mega-retailer, Target. It listed SPN season 4 at a slightly higher price than Amazon...BUT, the exclusive Target packaging had the extra Comic Con disc.

Needless to say, I immediately jumped online and cancelled my Amazon order and on Tuesday morning, was at Target first thing!

Right - I seem to remember the Target deal. Too bad I wasn't in the country at the time.

You know you're obsessed when you'd rather stay home an re-watch S5 instead of going to a medieval festival with a bunch of friends...

iolanda
July 25th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Right - I seem to remember the Target deal. Too bad I wasn't in the country at the time.

You know you're obsessed when you'd rather stay home an re-watch S5 instead of going to a medieval festival with a bunch of friends...

You are not talking about Kaltenberg, right?

starg8fans
July 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM
In fact, I am. :D Have you been there?

Crichiel
July 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Didja notice in Lazarus Rising, when Dean shows Bobby the handprint burned into his arm, there's no sign of the cut he had just made with the silver knife minutes earlier?

RodneyIsGodney
July 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Didja notice in Lazarus Rising, when Dean shows Bobby the handprint burned into his arm, there's no sign of the cut he had just made with the silver knife minutes earlier?
Yeah, I noticed...

eviladam
July 26th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Didja ya ever notice that in season 4, and I believe it was the black and white episode, Deans talking about being 're heimanated' and how all his old knife wounds and scars are gone. But then why is his tattoo still in place?

eviladam
July 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM

I want Dean singing off key as my ringtone. Any one know where I could get it? I mean I could make it myself but I keep not getting around to it.

RodneyIsGodney
July 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I want Dean singing off key as my ringtone. Any one know where I could get it? I mean I could make it myself but I keep not getting around to it.

Right here --->http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/0-7-4-supernatural/ :D

And here --->http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/0-7-6-supernatural/

starg8fans
July 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Didja ya ever notice that in season 4, and I believe it was the black and white episode, Deans talking about being 're heimanated' and how all his old knife wounds and scars are gone. But then why is his tattoo still in place?

That's a very good question. We talked about this when the episode aired, and IIRC we agreed that it was a) a protective symbol so Cas would be interested in leaving it intact, and b) it wasn't a scar per se but color pigments, so even if Cas healed the skin they would still be visible.

Crichiel
July 27th, 2010, 05:26 AM
That's pretty much been my belief on it, both points. But especially the first one, it's in heaven's best interest to keep Dean free from demon possession.

RodneyIsGodney
July 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
@Crichiel: Didja notice Jensen's Texas accent in Bad Day at Black Rock?

It's very present when he says, "Bringin' home the bacon." while scratching off the scratch tickets in the Biggerson's parking lot while Sam is on the phone with Bobby.

Crichiel
July 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
@Crichiel: Didja notice Jensen's Texas accent in Bad Day at Black Rock?

It's very present when he says, "Bringin' home the bacon." while scratching off the scratch tickets in the Biggerson's parking lot while Sam is on the phone with Bobby.

No! I'll have to go re-watch!

Didja notice that early Castiel, the powerful, enigmatic one from season 4, wasn't thrown by Dean's pop cultures references?
*sigh* Funny as Misha is and as much as those jokes make me laugh, I kinda miss that Castiel.

Season 6 spoiler:
From the Supernatural roundtable interview with Misha at Comic-Con, it sounds like Castiel is going to be more like that early Castiel, though. Yay!

Tsu
July 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM
yeah, I totally noticed the Texas accent there XD *has watched that episode about a gazillion times XD*

and that's a really good news about Cas *O*

RodneyIsGodney
July 30th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Didja notice... that 99 Problems is the 99th episode?

iolanda
July 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Oh yeah, so totally :D

Jack_O'Neill_fan
July 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
There was one episode I really noticed their accents in (both Jared's and Jensen's). I forget which one it was now. They both said "Yes Sir" to John. :)

Maybe someone already said this but...didja ever notice in The Benders, when Sam is in the cage, Dean said to him "Key...you said there was a key?" (to open the cages), but Sam never mentioned a key.

Crichiel
July 31st, 2010, 01:03 PM
The episode with both saying "Yes, sir." That I recall is the closing scene of Dead Man's Blood.

As for the key, I never heard Dean say "You said there was a key". He goes over to the box, looks at it, sees that it need a key and says, "Key. Key?" Then looks at Sam to see if he knows anything about a key.

RodneyIsGodney
July 31st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Didja notice Jensen's accent in Free To Be You and Me...when he says "Last time you zapped me someplace I didn't poop for a week." ...yeah, I can only detect the accent (or maybe a hint of it) when he says the word "poop".

I think his accent (or a tiny bit of it) shines through when he says words that have an "oo" sound. Like "poop", "do" and "you". I think the accent comes out when he get's emotional too. Whether he's angry or upset (i.e. crying - tearful speeches).

Crichiel
July 31st, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah, that's when I really hear it, the big emotional scenes.

Individual words are hard to call because sometimes it's just the way you say something in that instance, it's not REALLY your accent. For instance, I know that I will say, "Don't say I never did nuthin' fer ya." Somebody who doesn't know me would say, "Southern accent!". But it's not, I'm from Minnesota! I just say it that way because it's something Mulder said in an X-Files episode (when he was making fun of a Southern accent.).

RodneyIsGodney
August 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Didja ever notice...that Dean died - in No Rest For The Wicked - on Sam's birthday? May 2nd.

Crichiel
August 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Didja notice at the beginning of Yellow Fever how fast the coroner determined there was no blockage in Frank O'Brien's arteries? He's good!

RodneyIsGodney
August 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
Didja notice at the beginning of Yellow Fever how fast the coroner determined there was no blockage in Frank O'Brien's arteries? He's good!
My mother noticed that! Yeah, she's a fan too.:D

Didja notice that when Dean and Sam wear suits we never see where the dang things come from, they just show up in the suits for an "investigation". I never see garment bags hanging in the back of the Impala and they sure as hell aren't stuffed into their bags...they'ed be wrinkled if they were. And I can't see them buying suits, spending that kind of money on clothes that they don;t even like to wear. So, where in the name of Dean Winchester do they keep their dress clothes?

The world may never know...

LizzieAnne
August 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
My mother noticed that! Yeah, she's a fan too.:D

Didja notice that when Dean and Sam wear suits we never see where the dang things come from, they just show up in the suits for an "investigation". I never see garment bags hanging in the back of the Impala and they sure as hell aren't stuffed into their bags...they'ed be wrinkled if they were. And I can't see them buying suits, spending that kind of money on clothes that they don;t even like to wear. So, where in the name of Dean Winchester do they keep their dress clothes?

The world may never know...

We did see them once getting suits from a shop in Phantom Traveller...I don't think you could tell whether they'd bought or hired them though. They definitely wear some of the suits and other disguises more than once so it's a mystery where they keep them....:P

RodneyIsGodney
August 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
We did see them once getting suits from a shop in Phantom Traveller...I don't think you could tell whether they'd bought or hired them though. They definitely wear some of the suits and other disguises more than once so it's a mystery where they keep them....:P
Yes, I remember seeing the boys walking out of the suit shop in Phantom Traveler...and Dean's comment that they looked like the Blues Brothers.:P And that he hates those monkey suits.

RodneyIsGodney
August 3rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Didja ever notice...the name of the diner in The Monster at the End of This Book? Kripke's Hollow Diner...seems Jared can't get away from his Gilmore Girls past. Hollywood Babylon has that other famous hilarious reference.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-diner-1.jpg

Crichiel
August 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Didja notice in Wishful Thinking, they find a big tuft of fur in the liquor store...but Audrey's teddy bear isn't furry?

RodneyIsGodney
August 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Didja notice in Wishful Thinking, they find a big tuft of fur in the liquor store...but Audrey's teddy bear isn't furry?
Huh...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/bear-spn-1.jpg
Hmmm...I guess he isn't.

Epideme
August 5th, 2010, 01:33 AM

Yeah, loved it. Wondered if the 100th would have been called something coll too but "Point Of No Return" was good enough for me!!

Crichiel
August 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Didja ever notice in Heaven and Hell, when Anna first uses the blood glyph, it is her right arm that is cut, and also her right hand that is covered in blood? Wouldn't it have been easier to cut her left and use her right hand to 'write', or if she's left-handed, to cut her right arm to use her left?

LizzieAnne
August 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
This isn't a Didja notice...more of a didja know...that Jim Beaver calls his followers of his Twitter...Twidjits. :P

RodneyIsGodney
August 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM
This isn't a Didja notice...more of a didja know...that Jim Beaver calls his followers of his Twitter...Twidjits. :P
Well then, call me a Twidjit because I follow him.:D I had no idea though, it's awesome!

Crichiel
August 12th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Didja ever notice that in Criss Angel is a Douchebag, young Charlie has a cleft chin, but old Charlie doesn't?

Didja ever notice in Family Remains that Sam turns to the dad and says, "Do you have any curtains? We need rope."....uh, they just moved. Don't they have all their belongings tied down in that big truck in the driveway? How about, "Do you have any ROPE? We need rope."?

RodneyIsGodney
August 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Didja ever notice...in Monster Movie...
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/monster-movie.jpg
...three of this guy's fingers are bandaged? Wonder what happened...

Didja notice that in Jump the Shark that when Adam is laying a salt line beneath the window (at his home) that he leaves a break in said salt line in one particular spot due to the curtain being in the way? Bad on Sam for not catching that! ...and bad on the episode's director for not catching it either.

RodneyIsGodney
August 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM
More of a didja know...

From the S3 Companion...
Didja know...

DEMONIC OMENS...
During filming of No Rest for the Wicked, key hair stylist Jeannie Chow noted some very odd weather patterns. "It was a really unusual filming day." She relates. "We were filming out in the south Surry, White Rock area, and we had one day where it was really hot summer weather that turned into strong winds, then torrential showers, and then it snowed on us! Halfway through the scene it actually snowed - not little flakes, either, but giant silver dollar coin-sized flakes. It was when all the demons were coming, and there always seems to be a huge weather change when demons come."
Okay, that's just plain scary!

HELL BROTH...
Jensen Ackles has never eaten a maggot burger, but he did eat something that made him turn green..."Last year, I was in Japan at this really nice restaurant and I ordered the steamed clams in a spicy broth. So I'm motoring through 'em and I get to the last one and I and to pry it open and inside was this black slop. It smelled like someone had taken a spoon and scraped up some sewage and dropped it in there. As soon as I opened it, the whole table was like, 'Oh! What?' And my girlfriend was like, 'You turned green.' I have a pretty iron stomach -- I haven't thrown up in years -- but I was [ret ching]. Obviously I didn't eat it, but I did eat the five surrounding it that soaked in the same broth. That'll go down in the record books as being one of the grossest things I've ever eaten."

Um...EW!

THE LUCK OF JARED...
Jared Padalecki doesn't carry a lucky rabbit's foot, but he probably would if someone had told him during his formative years that they're truly lucky...
"Whenever I drive under a yellow light and whenever I'm getting on a plane, I kiss my finger and touch it to the roof of th car or the doorway of the plane," Padalecki admits. "I don;t know why. I think someone said it was good luck when I was growing up. And I do th is thing called the 'Texas Tap'. Whenever I toast with somebody, whether we're having a beer or a glass of wine, a shot, or even water, I'll clink glasses and then I'll tap the table or tap something, and if I'm standing, then I'll tap the back of my hand. I also like things being on an even number. If the volume is at 33, I'll turn it to 34 or 32, and if the air conditioning is on 65 degrees, I'd rather it be on 66 or 64. I don;t know what all that means, but I consider it good luck."
I'm the same way about the numbers, only I prefer the odd numbers. Nice to know that there are actors who are as neurotic as the rest of us!

I find these sorts of things really interesting. These little tidbits/nuggets of information about our boys, I live for these things.

Crichiel
August 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm weird about numbers, too. I don't like thing ending in 1 or 9. Seems off balance to me, like you JUST missed having it on the ten.

More blood glyphs. Didja notice the blood glyph has been simplified since the first time we saw Anna use it? And didja notice the SIZE of the blood glyph Castiel used in The Rapture? Forgetting the logistics of making one that size, Jimmy would have died from blood loss!!

More from Criss Angel is a Douchebag and also a "Where do I know them from?": Old Charlie and young Charlie are real life father and son. John Rubinstein's son, Michael, used his given name in the credits here, but his name listed with SAG is Michael Weston (because there was already a Michael Rubinstein registered with SAG when he joined). He played Lucas, the detective/House's confidante buddy on House M.D.

And dija know, they dubbed John's voice over Michael's for that first scene where they reveal Charlie, to further clarify to the audience that this 'new' person was in fact, Charlie?

RodneyIsGodney
August 31st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Didja ever notice... in S4's Death Takes a Holiday Sam mentions 'Joe the Plumber': "Look, I know you wanna think of yourself as Joe the plumber Dean..." and in S1's Home the plumber's name is Joe?

Yes, I know Sam isn't referencing that Joe.

Crichiel
September 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Didn't notice that the plumber was Joe, but the Joe the Plumber joke is one of those great pop culture references that I feel bad is going to lose it's effectiveness in a very short time. It is so specific to the 2008 presidential campaign, no one watching this in 10 years is going to have any clue what he's talking about....like a lot of the best lines.

-Didja notice the CG-added pool of bright blood that appears under Ron's head after he's killed in Nightshifter? I only mention this because Littlle One asked to see a new episode today and I picked this one because it's funny and I know all the inappropriate parts where I need to cover her eyes...or THOUGHT I did!! I never noticed that blood pool or the blood dripping out of his mouth. Oops!

RodneyIsGodney
September 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Didn't notice that the plumber was Joe, but the Joe the Plumber joke is one of those great pop culture references that I feel bad is going to lose it's effectiveness in a very short time. It is so specific to the 2008 presidential campaign, no one watching this in 10 years is going to have any clue what he's talking about....like a lot of the best lines.
I'd never heard of Joe the Plumber...unless I did and forgot? I don't really pay much attention to political campaigns. Politics, not really my thing. I had to look it up to get the reference.

-Didja notice the CG-added pool of bright blood that appears under Ron's head after he's killed in Nightshifter? I only mention this because Littlle One asked to see a new episode today and I picked this one because it's funny and I know all the inappropriate parts where I need to cover her eyes...or THOUGHT I did!! I never noticed that blood pool or the blood dripping out of his mouth. Oops!
Never realized it was CGI...noticed the blood dripping from poor Ronald's mouth though. Nice to see you're raising your Little one right!:D Does she have a favorite brother? Just curious mind you.;)

Crichiel
September 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Does she have a favorite brother? Just curious mind you.;)

Don't know that I'm raising her right that I forgot to protect her 4-yr-old eyes from that scene! Yikes. In my defence, though, I really had never noticed it before.

As to a favourite brother, you'd have to know her to totally understand. She always loves the funny things that Dean does, and that's who she quotes. But she is the most contrary child I have ever met! She doesn't think people can like the same things and have the same favourites. She gets mad at me if I say one of her favourite things is my favourite, too! I have to keep telling her to "Watch the 'tude, dude. We're allowed to like the same things.".

So when I first started watching the show when she was 3, she kept hearing me gush over Dean...and promptly proclaimed that she is a SamGirl!

RodneyIsGodney
September 2nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Don't know that I'm raising her right that I forgot to protect her 4-yr-old eyes from that scene! Yikes. In my defence, though, I really had never noticed it before.
You're off the hook.;)

As to a favourite brother, you'd have to know her to totally understand. She always loves the funny things that Dean does, and that's who she quotes. But she is the most contrary child I have ever met! She doesn't think people can like the same things and have the same favourites. She gets mad at me if I say one of her favourite things is my favourite, too! I have to keep telling her to "Watch the 'tude, dude. We're allowed to like the same things.".

So when I first started watching the show when she was 3, she kept hearing me gush over Dean...and promptly proclaimed that she is a SamGirl!
And a SamGirl? Sounds to me like she's a closet DeanGirl... Ah. Well, at least she has good taste in TV shows.:D

Crichiel
September 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Like I said, I think she WOULD be a Deangirl, but her stubbornness won't let her pick the same favourite as I have. So, she's thoroughly convinced herself that she likes Sam better....even though she asks for all the YouTube videos of the funny Dean clips!

starg8fans
September 3rd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Didja notice that in Red Sky at Morning when Dean and Bela leave the house for the ball they don't bother to blow out the candles that are burning in the background? Okay, they're just squatting at this run-down place, but even if they don't care about the house I'm sure they wouldn't want their belongings going up in flames.

Didja notice that in the opening scene of Bedtime stories the only one of the 'Three Little Pigs' (or overweight brothers) who survives is the one who said he'd wanted to use cinder blocks (i.e. bricks) instead of wood?

Crichiel
September 4th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Didja notice that there's the one shot in In My Time of Dying, the last shot of Sam when he talks to Dean's doctor, where you can see the prosthetic on the bottom of Jared's eye that makes it look puffy? I only notice because usually they are excellent at making the effect make-up seamless.

Didja notice that the guys wounds from the crash change between Devil's Trap and In My Time of Dying? But I absolutely don't hold THAT one against them. Can you imagine trying to do continuity on those wounds?

Didja know that the semi wasn't supposed to push the Impala along like it did? It was just supposed to plough through it. But the semi hit it and the Impala got stuck on the grill and they were just happy that 1) the stunt driver kept anyone from getting hurt by getting it stopped in time and that 2) he had the presence of mind to steer it towards camera for the great shot.

RodneyIsGodney
September 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Like I said, I think she WOULD be a Deangirl, but her stubbornness won't let her pick the same favourite as I have. So, she's thoroughly convinced herself that she likes Sam better....even though she asks for all the YouTube videos of the funny Dean clips!
:P

Didja notice that there's the one shot in In My Time of Dying, the last shot of Sam when he talks to Dean's doctor, where you can see the prosthetic on the bottom of Jared's eye that makes it look puffy? I only notice because usually they are excellent at making the effect make-up seamless.
Actually, I notice the prosthetics all the time. Specially in Shadow during the last scene when Dean tells John Meg was right, that John is vulnerable when he's around them. The scratches on Sam's forehead, the "skin" between the scratches was shiny whereas the rest of his facial skin was not. The prosthetic skin catches the light differently, hence the shininess.
Season 5...
As great as the prosthetics were that Jensen wore in Swan Song (he was hardly recognizable!), I still noticed them. I notice the lines where the prosthetic meets the skin, no matter what episode.
I can always tell where the prosthetic ends and the real skin begins.

Didja know that the semi wasn't supposed to push the Impala along like it did? It was just supposed to plough through it. But the semi hit it and the Impala got stuck on the grill and they were just happy that 1) the stunt driver kept anyone from getting hurt by getting it stopped in time and that 2) he had the presence of mind to steer it towards camera for the great shot.
Had no clue...thanks for sharing. Love finding out little tidbits like this.:D

RodneyIsGodney
September 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Didja ever notice...in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things Dean is wearing a chain around his neck, along with the amulet?

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-CSPWDT-1-1.jpg
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-hunted-chain-1.jpg

Crichiel
September 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Didja ever notice...in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things Dean is wearing a chain around his neck, along with the amulet?

Um....yep, I posted that in here myself! ;) (but to be fair that was a few pages ago.) And I posted with it the "didja notice" that the necklace disappears when he stands up, only to reappear in....I think it was a scene in No Exit?

RodneyIsGodney
September 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Um....yep, I posted that in here myself! ;)
Must have forgotten.:o Sorry.

(but to be fair that was a few pages ago.) And I posted with it the "didja notice" that the necklace disappears when he stands up, only to reappear in....I think it was a scene in No Exit?
Maybe it's Jensen's and he forgot to take it off? Someone has to ask him about this at a con. Never noticed it's reappearance...No Exit is next in line to watch tonight - going through my newly acquired season 2 DVD's in order - so I'll look out for.;)

Crichiel
September 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
From the Supernatural Magazine: didja know that Jensen didn't ask to direct an episode, they offered it to him knowing his interest. How cool is that?

From the season 4 Companion book: didja know that in I Know What You Did Last Summer Jared and Jensen actually did that jump through the church window themselves? They used sugar glass and foam for the wood frame and they actually had to jump through it from 18 feet up. That is awesome!

Episode 5.15Didja notice in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid when the boys and Bobby are sitting at the table, Dean isn't wearing his silver ring?

starg8fans
September 12th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's Jensen's and he forgot to take it off? Someone has to ask him about this at a con. Never noticed it's reappearance...No Exit is next in line to watch tonight - going through my newly acquired season 2 DVD's in order - so I'll look out for.;)

To me it looks like the chain that dogtags hang on. But IIRC, it was Sam who buried them in Mary's grave. Maybe that was a re-write, and Dean was supposed to be wearing them at some point?

From the Supernatural Magazine: didja know that Jensen didn't ask to direct an episode, they offered it to him knowing his interest. How cool is that?

Way cool!

From the season 4 Companion book: didja know that in I Know What You Did Last Summer Jared and Jensen actually did that jump through the church window themselves? They used sugar glass and foam for the wood frame and they actually had to jump through it from 18 feet up. That is awesome!

Yup, I knew that because I tend to watch stunt scenes frame-by-frame to see if the boys did them themselves. And here's the proof:

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Season%204%20whump/Picture2-2.jpg

Didn't know they had to drop down that far, though. That's like 5 1/2 m!

And since we're on this topic, didja notice that in S4 they used a stunt double for Jensen when Dean was shoved across the room sitting in a chair in In the Beginning, but not when he was thrown backwards into the garbage bags by Superkid in Wishful Thinking?

Episode 5.15Didja notice in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid when the boys and Bobby are sitting at the table, Dean isn't wearing his silver ring?

Actually, Dean wore that ring for the last time in The Curious Case of Dean Winchester. The first time I noticed it was gone was in the opening of Changing Channels.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S5/Dean_ring_5x08a.jpg

Jensen had a bruised finger at the time, so I thought it was just a temporary thing, but it never came back. Jensen said some time they just decided to have Dean lose it off-screen because he'd used it to open beer bottles, so the edges were rough and it was uncomfortable to wear.

Didja notice that bustyasianbeauties.com has already made an appearance five times on the show, and in every Season except S1? In Tall Tales, Long Distance Call, Lazarus Rising, Wishful Thinking and Swap Meat. BTW, according to Superwiki the WB registered the domain three months before it was first mentioned.

Crichiel
September 13th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Didn't know they had to drop down that far, though. That's like 5 1/2 m!

That was me, too. I also freeze -ramed the scene, so I knew they did a jump, but I assumed it was a small 4 or 5 foot drop or something safer like that!

Actually, Dean wore that ring for the last time in The Curious Case of Dean Winchester. The first time I noticed it was gone was in the opening of Changing Channels.

Jensen had a bruised finger at the time, so I thought it was just a temporary thing, but it never came back. Jensen said some time they just decided to have Dean lose it off-screen because he'd used it to open beer bottles, so the edges were rough and it was uncomfortable to wear.

I never noticed the ring was gone earlier. I understand why if it was uncompfortable, but I am still sad to see it go. And what DID he do to that nail, because I noticed it even before Changing Channels and he had it at least until Abandon All Hope. Ouch!

starg8fans
September 13th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I never noticed the ring was gone earlier. I understand why if it was uncompfortable, but I am still sad to see it go. And what DID he do to that nail, because I noticed it even before Changing Channels and he had it at least until Abandon All Hope. Ouch!

I'm still surprised they just left it off without even making a passing mention that Dean had lost it. I mean, TPTB at Spn are usually so in tune with the fans, they should have known the missing ring would be noticed and questions raised. Here's Jensen's reply when he was asked about it at Creation con in LA this year:

"There was an opportunity at the beginning of the season to kind of lose the jewelry. He lost his watch, he lost his uuhh...his necklace obviously went to Cas. Here's the thing with the ring, the ring was a really, for me, it was Dean's beer bottle opener. Whenever Dean opened a bottle it would just scrape off the ring, it got beat up." He also cut himself apparently. "So once they were losing the watch and I was like, you know what, let's get rid of the ring. This is the Apocalypse. So I just lost it, it was like let's get rid of this we've had it on for 5 years."

Way too cavalier about one of Dean's trademarks in my book.

Don't think I ever heard what happened to his finger, though.

iolanda
September 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM

I can vaguely remember, that he managed to squash it with a dumbbell or something similar.

Crichiel
September 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Way too cavalier about one of Dean's trademarks in my book.

Thanks for the con quote. I absolutely agree that that is way too blase about one of his series-long trademarks. And why would they get rid of a watch? That's not 'jewelry', wouldn't is be USEFUL to have a watch at all times?

starg8fans
September 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the con quote. I absolutely agree that that is way too blase about one of his series-long trademarks. And why would they get rid of a watch? That's not 'jewelry', wouldn't is be USEFUL to have a watch at all times?

It sure would. As often as the boys get knocked out, they would want to know how much time had passed, wouldn't they? Not sure if Jensen referred to Dean not having a watch at all, or not having his usual watch. I'm not very good at picking up on accessories like that.

Here's a new one - didja know that there's a term called 'Kripked'? It's used when an idea or event used in fanfiction is validated by becoming Spn canon.

iolanda
September 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM
With stuff like this I always tend to think that they just don't tell the whole truth for whatever reason.

Edit: I was referring to the missing jewellery.

starg8fans
September 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM
With stuff like this I always tend to think that they just don't tell the whole truth for whatever reason.

Edit: I was referring to the missing jewellery.

LOL, you figure the costume or props department just lost the original one?

Crichiel
September 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Haven't heard the 'Kripked' phrase. As long as he doesn't start validating some of the more irritating fanon! I could start a whole thread there: Widespread Fanon That Annoys The Heck Out Of You :D

Didja notice that John got his height late in life? ;) As portrayed by JDM, he's taller than Dean, but when they travel back in time to see John and Mary in the 70s, John is shorter!

RodneyIsGodney
September 13th, 2010, 12:27 PM
And what DID he do to that nail, because I noticed it even before Changing Channels and he had it at least until Abandon All Hope. Ouch!

I can vaguely remember, that he managed to squash it with a dumbbell or something similar.

Looks painful.
I first noticed it in Abandon All Hope...thanks to the close up shot of his hands wrapped around Jo's. Even the fingertip looks bruised.

RodneyIsGodney
September 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Didja ever notice...in Nightshifter when Dean and Sam show Ronald their FBI badges that Dean's badge switch hands between shots?

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/FBI-badges-1.jpg
Badge in left hand...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/FBI-badges3.jpg
Badge in right hand...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/FBI-badges4.jpg
And then back to the left hand.

starg8fans
September 14th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Wow, you sure got an eye for details, RiG!

RodneyIsGodney
September 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Wow, you sure got an eye for details, RiG!
Thanks. I've seen the episode a few times before but never noticed it. I was Nightshifter again last night and that's when I noticed. I was like ...WHOA! Waitaminit! Rewind! Sure enough... It's amazing the things you notice when your watching an episode for the 4th or 5th time...or the umteenth time. You see things you never saw before.

RodneyIsGodney
September 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM
A "Didja notice?" courtesy of Supernatural Wiki (http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=2.19_Folsom_Prison_Blues) about Folsom Prison Blues...

When Dean stands up, hands full of cigarettes, ready to trade them for a lighter, he shouts out "Hey fellas, who's running a deal?". You can see Jared grinning and mouthing the lines with Jensen.
I gotta watch out for that the next time I watch the episode.

starg8fans
September 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks. I've seen the episode a few times before but never noticed it. I was Nightshifter again last night and that's when I noticed. I was like ...WHOA! Waitaminit! Rewind! Sure enough... It's amazing the things you notice when your watching an episode for the 4th or 5th time...or the umteenth time. You see things you never saw before.

Yeah, that's true. But at this point I'm just DYING for some new material.

RodneyIsGodney
September 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
We posted at the same time!:P

starg8fans
September 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hivemind! :D

Yeah, I read that one too, and it's true. I went to the ep and checked.

Didja ever notice, in Home when Sam tells the kids to get out of the house, he says the exact same words to the girl that John said to Dean in the pilot:

"Take your brother outside as fast as you can and don't look back."

Crichiel
September 15th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Didja ever notice, in Home when Sam tells the kids to get out of the house, he says the exact same words to the girl that John said to Dean in the pilot:

Yep, that was one of the early posts on this thread! ;) I think we're all getting a little Alzheimer's as to what we've already said. Must be a side-effect of New Episode Withdrawal...thankfully we'll all be cured next week!!

Variation on the question: Didja wonder in Tall Tales about Sam's money clip? With all the effort they go through to hide their true identities, and Sam carries a money clip that's monogrammed?! Seems a little sloppy. Maybe Jess gave it to him and he can't bear to part with it! :D

starg8fans
September 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Yep, that was one of the early posts on this thread! ;) I think we're all getting a little Alzheimer's as to what we've already said. Must be a side-effect of New Episode Withdrawal...thankfully we'll all be cured next week!!

Oops, sorry. Should have known that was too obvious to have gone unnoticed until now. Plus that facet that it was about 5 am here when I posted...

Variation on the question: Didja wonder in Tall Tales about Sam's money clip? With all the effort they go through to hide their true identities, and Sam carries a money clip that's monogrammed?! Seems a little sloppy. Maybe Jess gave it to him and he can't bear to part with it! :D[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is the first time I hear of a monogram on Sam's money clip. You're right, that is a risk, but I think your explanation why Sam wouldn't want to part with it sounds very feasible.

RodneyIsGodney
September 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hivemind! :D
Right?!?

Yep.:D Love it!

Crichiel
September 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Oops, sorry. Should have known that was too obvious to have gone unnoticed until now. Plus that facet that it was about 5 am here when I posted...

No need to apologise, like I said, we all seem to throw those in. That's just 'cause this thread is so awesome and now has too many pages to keep track of! :D:D:D

RodneyIsGodney
September 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM
No need to apologise, like I said, we all seem to throw those in. That's just 'cause this thread is so awesome and now has too many pages to keep track of! :D:D:D
That is is and that it does.:D

Jack_O'Neill_fan
September 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Didja ever notice...

...in Swap Meat when the boys are in the restaurant, Dean hands Sam his fork, which he puts in his mouth handle facing up. The next scene it's facing down.

Crichiel
September 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
-Didja notice how often Sam crashes the Impala? At least 3: Pilot, Devil's Trap and Swap Meat (ok, maybe it wasn't technically Sam, but Dean didn't know that at the time!)

No wonder Dean is so hesitant to let him drive!

-Didja notice in (S5 again)
The Point of No Return, Dean puts his LOADED gun in the box to send to Bobby's?! Are you crazy?!! :eek:

Jack_O'Neill_fan
September 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
-Didja notice how often Sam crashes the Impala? At least 3: Pilot, Devil's Trap and Swap Meat (ok, maybe it wasn't technically Sam, but Dean didn't know that at the time!)

No wonder Dean is so hesitant to let him drive!
Yikes! Really!!! :eek: In Sam's defence, in the pilot he did it to save Dean.

The Point of No Return, Dean puts his LOADED gun in the box to send to Bobby's?! Are you crazy?!! :eek:
HOLY CAMOLY!!!! :eek:

RodneyIsGodney
September 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Didja ever notice...that young actor Cainan Wiebe (Barry Cook in After School Special) was in two other episodes of SPN? Yep, he also appeared in Wishful Thinking (one of the kids who bullied Todd) and Faith (one of the two kids that Dean and Sam rescue from the Rawhead in the beginning).

starg8fans
September 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Actually, I'm not sure he did. I'm no expert on guns, but can you actually see ifthe clip is loaded?

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S5/PONRGun.jpg

And even if it is, wouldn't Dean have to chamber the first round to make the gun ready for use? Not sure about the safety either, and how easily it could be disengaged, for example if the gun shifts in the box.

Crichiel
September 28th, 2010, 05:20 AM
-When I froze the screen on my (big, but not great picture quality) tv, it looked like the clip was full. No idea if there was a bullet in the chamber, but I'm pretty sure that for safety reasons, you wouldn't send it with the clip IN the gun!

Didja notice in...Two Minutes to Midnight?...good grief, I think that's the ep, I actually forget!...anyway, didja notice When Sam and Dean enter the hospital to ask about the Swine Flu outbreak, there is a Herpexia poster on the wall?

starg8fans
September 28th, 2010, 07:17 AM
-When I froze the screen on my (big, but not great picture quality) tv, it looked like the clip was full. No idea if there was a bullet in the chamber, but I'm pretty sure that for safety reasons, you wouldn't send it with the clip IN the gun!

Didja notice in...Two Minutes to Midnight?...good grief, I think that's the ep, I actually forget!...anyway, didja notice When Sam and Dean enter the hospital to ask about the Swine Flu outbreak, there is a Herpexia poster on the wall?

Yup, I actually noticed that. In the same scene, didja notice thatthe guy who got slimed by Pestilence in the ep before was sitting in the waiting room sneezing?
And more recently, in last Friday's ep, didja notice that the waitiress who gave Dean her phone number was the Djinn? She must have poisoned him when she ran her hand up his arm.

Crichiel
September 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Yup, I actually noticed that. In the same scene, didja notice thatthe guy who got slimed by Pestilence in the ep before was sitting in the waiting room sneezing?

Didn't notice that!

And more recently, in last Friday's ep, didja notice that the waitiress who gave Dean her phone number was the Djinn? She must have poisoned him when she ran her hand up his arm.

DID notice that...but only when I stopped to think about when that would have happened, then went back and checked.

RodneyIsGodney
September 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Didja ever notice...that young actor Cainan Wiebe (Barry Cook in After School Special) was in two other episodes of SPN? Yep, he also appeared in Wishful Thinking (one of the kids who bullied Todd) and Faith (one of the two kids that Dean and Sam rescue from the Rawhead in the beginning).

starg8fans
September 28th, 2010, 10:47 PM
@ RiG: Nope, never noticed that. But I've been wondering if they have a stash of kids they use on a regular basis, so thanks for confirming that.

Crichiel
September 29th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I had read that the kid was one of the bullies, but didn't know about Faith. Yay, a reason to watch Faith again.

-Didja notice the corner market by Cole's house in Death Takes a Holiday, has been in the background a couple times? (I think one of them is Houses of the Holy). I keep meaning to look if they are using the exact same house in these episodes (just with different set dressing to the exterior), but haven't gotten around to it. Either way, must be one of the nice tolerant neighbourhoods that they keep shooting there!

RodneyIsGodney
September 29th, 2010, 09:44 AM
@ RiG: Nope, never noticed that. But I've been wondering if they have a stash of kids they use on a regular basis, so thanks for confirming that.
Welcome.

I had read that the kid was one of the bullies, but didn't know about Faith. Yay, a reason to watch Faith again.
It's one of my favorite episodes so I've watched it enough to notice the kid.

-Didja notice the corner market by Cole's house in Death Takes a Holiday, has been in the background a couple times? (I think one of them is Houses of the Holy). I keep meaning to look if they are using the exact same house in these episodes (just with different set dressing to the exterior), but haven't gotten around to it. Either way, must be one of the nice tolerant neighbourhoods that they keep shooting there!
Okay...I'm confused. Are you talking about to separate things here? The market and the house? Cause there are a few houses in Houses of the Holy. DTAH was on this morning on TNT btw, I searched the caps and found a pic of Benny's Market but it doesn't quite match the market that Dean and Sam visit in HotH for supplies for the spell or whatever Sam was going to perform with a SpongeBob place mat for an alter. If that's the market you were speaking of that is. That scene takes place at night so it's hard to tell if it's the same one. It does have a different name though, based on the bag in Sam's hand, Kevin Keefer Korner Market.

More of a did ya know... Jared filmed Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things with a broken wrist? Yep, he waited until they wrapped shooting to go get it looked at. The scene at the cemetery when they are leaving, near the end, when Sam gets in the Impala (passenger side) and reaches over and to close the door with his left hand instead of his right - the more convenient hand to close the door with - is proof. As is Sam rubbing his wrist while walking back to the car. I just don't know why he's holding the shovel with the hand connected to the broken wrist...

Jared spoke about it on the S2 DVD bonus feature, um, the The Devil's Road Map I believe.

From Super Wiki...

At the end of the episode, Sam complains "I think she broke my hand" after his fight with Angela. This was included in the script after Jared Padalecki actually broke his wrist filming the previous episode. Because of this Sam is seen wearing a cast on his right arm in the episodes from 2.05 Simon Said until 2.11 Playthings

Crichiel
September 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Okay...I'm confused. Are you talking about to separate things here? The market and the house? Cause there are a few houses in Houses of the Holy. DTAH was on this morning on TNT btw, I searched the caps and found a pic of Benny's Market but it doesn't quite match the market that Dean and Sam visit in HotH for supplies for the spell or whatever Sam was going to perform with a SpongeBob place mat for an alter. If that's the market you were speaking of that is. That scene takes place at night so it's hard to tell if it's the same one. It does have a different name though, based on the bag in Sam's hand, Kevin Keefer Korner Market.

Sorry, I know this is confusing. I'll go home and try and find the exact spots in the episodes tonight. I meant that there are 2 or 3 times when they are at this house that is kitty-corner from the same little market. And I am not sure if it is the exact same HOUSE, but you can tell it's the same intersection because of that market.

More of a did ya know... Jared filmed Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things with a broken wrist? Yep, he waited until they wrapped shooting to go get it looked at. The scene at the cemetery when they are leaving, near the end, when Sam gets in the Impala (passenger side) and reaches over and to close the door with his left hand instead of his right - the more convenient hand to close the door with - is proof. As is Sam rubbing his wrist while walking back to the car. I just don't know why he's holding the shovel with the hand connected to the broken wrist...

-I always wondered myself why he was using his broken wrist to hold the shovel. I believe he also said it was a fracture (not an out-and-out break) and that it had been bothering him for quite a while up until this point when they finally had it x-rayed. Then they realised they would have to address it on-screen to explain the cast that was going on. Also, in the season 2 companion (I think that's where I read it), they said they thought there was a curse going on because he was one of THREE people in the cast and crew to break a wrist within a short time period!

-In regards to 6.01Didja notice how often Lisa moves? She's been in 3 houses in 4 episodes! Probably something Dean loves about her since he's used to moving around a lot, huh? :P

RodneyIsGodney
September 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Say, didja ever notice... that while Dean was in Hell...he was wearing his amulet? Odd since Sam gives Dean his amulet upon his return from Hell.

Crichiel
September 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Say, didja ever notice... that while Dean was in Hell...he was wearing his amulet? Odd since Sam gives Dean his amulet upon his return from Hell.

Odder still that DEAN is there since his body is in a house in New Harmony with Sam! ;) You're thinking too literally. It isn't really Dean's body/clothes/amulet that's there in hell.

That said, I DIDN'T notice the amulet. That's interesting that in hell Dean would see himself as still wearing it. (or is it someone in hell's vision of what he looks like?....this IS confusing!) :o

Crichiel
October 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Didja notice in Phantom Traveler, Dean pulls out a bottle of holy water on the plane? A BOTTLE of holy water. Not sure if the rest of you have the exact same restrictions, but since 9-11, in the U.S. you can't bring a BOTTLE of your own liquid on a plane!

RodneyIsGodney
October 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Didja notice in Phantom Traveler, Dean pulls out a bottle of holy water on the plane? A BOTTLE of holy water. Not sure if the rest of you have the exact same restrictions, but since 9-11, in the U.S. you can't bring a BOTTLE of your own liquid on a plane!
Yes, well... Dean and Sam don't play by the rules now do they? They can be pretty sneaky when they wanna be.;)

iolanda
October 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, well... Dean and Sam don't play by the rules now do they? They can be pretty sneaky when they wanna be.;)

They also could have just taken an empty bottle and a cross with them, and fill them with water after security and make some instant holy water in the waiting area ;)

RodneyIsGodney
October 3rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
They also could have just taken an empty bottle and a cross with them, and fill them with water after security and make some instant holy water in the waiting area ;)
True.;)

Crichiel
October 4th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Ok, I finally looked it up. The market I was talking about is called Benny's Market and Italian Subs. And kitty-corner from it, it WAS the same house they used for Cole's house Death Takes a Holiday and the victim of the "hooker from God" in Houses of the Holy.

starg8fans
October 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Wow, talk about perceptive! That's amazing that you noticed that.

Since we're talking about Hollywood Babylon on another thread - didja notice that they recycled some set pieces for Hell Hazers? The water tower was featured in Crossroad Blues, and the cabin is from Roadkill.

Crichiel
October 5th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Nah, I'm not usually that good. But that market has a distinctive look and I must have seen the two episodes close together.

Crichiel
October 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Just put this in the episode specific thread:

6.03Didja notice that when Castiel grabs Dean's arm to cut his hand, he grabs Dean right arm, pulling Dean's right shoulder towards him. But a second later they reverse the angle and Dean's LEFT arm and shoulder are pulled forward and Castiel cuts his left hand?

starg8fans
October 10th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I had this pointed out to me by my kids, but maybe some other people missed this as well.

Didja notice... that the shapeshifter babyin Two and a half men copied the baby on the diaper box? I just thought the change was random, but my daughter pointed out that the shifter has to see the thing it turns into.

Edit Just found something along the 'Didja know' lines.

Didja know... that Eric Kripke's son was born on May 2nd, 2007, the same day they picked for Sam's birthday? Kripke himself called this coincidence 'creepy'.

iolanda
October 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I did notice the thing from Two an a Half Men :D, especially because
I first noticed that there was a black baby on the box and found it unusual. I am not sure if there are even coloured kids on diaper boxes around here.

Did you notice that the last scene from "The third man" was filmed at 49°11'46.85"N 122°56'9.20"W ? I guess, most probably not, but that place was so distinctive that I managed to find it via Google Earth ;)

warrior_chic
October 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Well now that I've gone through the whole thread, I've got a few to add.

-Didja notice that the stained glass window Anna keeps drawing before she remembers who she is shows up a lot in the show? I've also noticed it in other shows that film in and around Vancouver.

-RiG posted this early about the diner name.
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/dean-diner-1.jpg
But the "food" on the little sign is actually a candy that mimics the state nut of Ohio.Which is where Chuck lives, if you look at the license plates of those eps. And in case you don't know, NEVER eat a buckeye nut. It's poisonous and could kill you. Stick to the chocolate and peanut butter candy.

- Kripke's wife shares a bday with Dean and Jessica. But that's not as creepy, since he chose that.

RodneyIsGodney
October 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM
More of a "Didja know?"

Didja know...that the airport (the interior shots) seen in Phantom Traveler is the same airport that Jensen and Jared fly into and out of when traveling to and from Vancouver?

From SuperWiki:

Vancouver International Airport, South Terminal, where Jensen and Jared regularly catch their flights to L.A.

I heard about it on the commentary for the episode and thought it was pretty neat. I think Jared was the one who mentioned it.

warrior_chic
October 12th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Didja notice that in most episodes, the boys wear the same 2 ties when they wear the suits. The red one with white stripes and the blue one with stripes. They just switch between them.

Melia
October 12th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know if this has been posted already but I'm going to post it anyway.

Didja ever notice that when Sam and Dean are in the mill after Dean screams like a little girl. Just before the scene ends you see the boys leave the frame with Dean laughing.

warrior_chic
October 13th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I don't know if this has been posted already but I'm going to post it anyway.

Didja ever notice that when Sam and Dean are in the mill after Dean screams like a little girl. Just before the scene ends you see the boys leave the frame with Dean laughing.

I'm really kinda amazed that they can get as much accomplished as they do with all the goofing off those guys seem to do :)

starg8fans
October 13th, 2010, 10:21 AM
And quite often the 'goofing off' makes it into the final cut. Not just 'Eye of the Tiger' material, but ad libs. Didja know... that Dean's proverbial 'Son of a b!tch' outbreak as Bela drives off with their lottery tickets wasn't scripted? And neither were (spoilers for Two And A Half Men)whining back at the baby in the Supermarket, and giving it whiskey to taste.

Melia
October 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM
You got to love the boys and their ad libs. Makes the show that much mroe fun.

RodneyIsGodney
October 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
And quite often the 'goofing off' makes it into the final cut. Not just 'Eye of the Tiger' material, but ad libs. Didja know... that Dean's proverbial 'Son of a b!tch' outbreak as Bela drives off with their lottery tickets wasn't scripted? And neither were (spoilers for Two And A Half Men)whining back at the baby in the Supermarket, and giving it whiskey to taste.
Nor was the "World Weekly News" "Weekly World News" Bit from...I forget the episode. Jared was correcting Jensen and they left it in.

Another for the Didja know list...

Didja know...Spoilered for S5's My Bloody Valentine and the latest SPN mag: that the raw ground beef that Cass eats is really uncooked Vegetarian ground round? Yep, got it straight from the horses mouth, er, Angels mouth. Misha divulged that tidbit in the latest SPN Magazine.

starg8fans
October 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Well, it looked a lot more convincing than the stuff they had the guy gobble down in Metamorphosis.

iolanda
October 14th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Didja know...Spoilered for S5's My Bloody Valentine and the latest SPN mag: that the raw ground beef that Cass eats is really uncooked Vegetarian ground round? Yep, got it straight from the horses mouth, er, Angels mouth. Misha divulged that tidbit in the latest SPN Magazine.

Yepp, I knew that, Misha talked about this in Bad Neuenahr.

He also talked about eating all this burgers he had to eat - or just faked to eat and later spewed out after the take was done. One "fun" thing with the veggie stuff was, that he really ate it and wasn't told that they weren't filming close up and he already gulped down an amount of the stuff when the director told him that he had to stop faking and start really eating.
Guess he didn't need dinner that day.

RodneyIsGodney
October 14th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Didja notice... that the door locks on the Impala are shapeshifters? They look different in different episodes. For instance, Bloody Mary and Changing Channels.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/impala-lock.jpg
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/impala-lock2.jpg
Could be it's just different Impalas, they have like 3 of them.

Didja also notice...that Dean had his own laptop in Fallen Idols? And he and Sam have same desktop theme?
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/laptop-boys.jpg
Moreover that we haven't seen hide nor hair of his laptop since? Dean's laptop is cooler IMHO.

starg8fans
October 14th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Didja notice... that the door locks on the Impala are shapeshifters? They look different in different episodes. For instance, Bloody Mary and Changing Channels.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/impala-lock.jpg
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/impala-lock2.jpg
Could be it's just different Impalas, they have like 3 of them.

Didja also notice...that Dean had his own laptop in Fallen Idols? And he and Sam have same desktop theme?
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/Supernatural/laptop-boys.jpg
Moreover that we haven't seen hide nor hair of his laptop since? Dean's laptop is cooler IMHO.

Well spotted, both of them. And you're right about that laptop, in Exile on Main Street he's working with a desktop computer.

RodneyIsGodney
October 14th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Well spotted, both of them. And you're right about that laptop, in Exile on Main Street he's working with a desktop computer.
Thanks.

Crichiel
October 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Yepp, I knew that, Misha talked about this in Bad Neuenahr.

He and Jensen also both talked about it in Chicago. Misha said Jensen was physically knocking the hamburger out of his hand, telling him, "You're not on-camera! Don't eat it now!" Jensen said that yeah, he was just shaking his head at Misha when he saw he was really mowing through the burgers, saying, "Oh, buddy. This is not good."

Dr Lee
October 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
More of a 'Didja Know' than a 'Didja Notice'

During one of the season 1 episodes, it was said that Tom Welling was hiding out in the back seat of the impala and would duck out of sight during takes.

Crichiel
October 16th, 2010, 07:54 AM

During one of the season 1 episodes, it was said that Tom Welling was hiding out in the back seat of the impala and would duck out of sight during takes.

No need to spoiler that, it's bts stuff! :-)

I actually just heard this story for the first time at the convention on Sunday. I think Jared said it was just one take. They were driving through the lot/studio to get ready to drive up for the scene. They passed Tom and stopped to say 'hi' but they were being called to set, so they told him to just jump in the backseat and duck down, then they surprised the crew when the take was done and Clark Kent hopped out!

Crichiel
October 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
And hey, Dr Lee, says here you're a long-time member, but I don't recall seeing you on the SPN boards before: WELCOME!!! You're obviously a fan if you knew about the Tom Welling story that I hadn't heard about until 6 days ago! What else ya got? Keep posting!! I live for bts stories.

Dr Lee
October 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Only really got into the show at the start of last season, after a 4 season marathon. The Welling trivia is the only one i know of that hasn't been posted already, apart from Sam's broken hand from... S3 i think... was real. Jared broke his hand early on in the season.

warrior_chic
October 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome Dr Lee! I knew he had broken his hand during filming, but I either haven't heard or can't remember which ep. Anyone know?

Dr Lee
October 16th, 2010, 01:57 PM
have to admit i'm IMDB'ing it as i can't remember exactly....

He broke it during S2 Epi 3 'Bloodlust' but it wasn't till halfway through the next episode that he found out...

warrior_chic
October 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks. I knew all the stuff about it, just not when it happened. And since they can film eps out of order it's a little hard to try to find it by watching them.

RodneyIsGodney
October 16th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Dr. Lee! Remember me? *waves* So good to see you here!

I knew about Tom Welling hiding in the car. Just read about it the other day in fact.;)

Didja ever notice...that Bobby is tongue tied (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankyloglossia)? That's what it looks like to me anyway. I could be wrong...

Crichiel
October 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Didja ever notice...that Bobby is tongue tied? That's what it looks like to me anyway. I could be wrong...

Would that be tongue tied? Could be a form of it I guess. One of the kids I took care of was tongue tied and this seems different. I do specifically notice Jim Beaver's tongue when he says certain words (like the repeated word in 6.04 last night), but what I notice is that he lifts his tongue on words/letters where most people wouldn't for proper pronunciation....yeah, I've had a few kids with speech impediments, so I am used to breaking down how the mouth and tongue are used to form sounds.

RodneyIsGodney
October 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Would that be tongue tied? Could be a form of it I guess. One of the kids I took care of was tongue tied and this seems different. I do specifically notice Jim Beaver's tongue when he says certain words (like the repeated word in 6.04 last night), but what I notice is that he lifts his tongue on words/letters where most people wouldn't for proper pronunciation....yeah, I've had a few kids with speech impediments, so I am used to breaking down how the mouth and tongue are used to form sounds.
I notice the tongue lifting thing all the time...made me think of tongue tied. Maybe because I had a neighbor whom I babysat that was tongue tied.

Didja know...

Stull Cemetery is a real cemetery near Lawrence, Kansas, where Sam and Dean were born. It has a lot of lore associated with it, including that it may be a gate to Hell.
Stull Cemetery is the cemetery from Swan Song.

warrior_chic
October 16th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I have noticed that Jim does something funny with this tongue sometimes. I really noticed it in his phone rant.

And i had heard about Stull Cemetery. I forget where though, maybe something from Kripke at some point. I have a feeling that's part of the reason he made them from Lawrence.

Dr Lee
October 17th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Dr. Lee! Remember me? *waves* So good to see you here!

I knew about Tom Welling hiding in the car. Just read about it the other day in fact.;)

Didja ever notice...that Bobby is tongue tied (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankyloglossia)? That's what it looks like to me anyway. I could be wrong...

*Waves back*

Tongue tied.... as someone with a speech disability, i'm gonna have to re-watch Bobby's bits... i mean segments to check that out...

Crichiel
October 17th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I have a feeling that's part of the reason he made them from Lawrence.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing/reading that that is exactly why Kripke chose Lawrence. He wanted them from around the Midwest in general, and then specifically picked Lawrence because of the cemetary's history....or I could have dreamed the whole conversation, it's been known to happen!

Dr Lee let us know what you see after watching Bobby's bits! :-P

Dr Lee
October 17th, 2010, 06:23 AM
having re watched WaB's..... there's definitely something on Beavers voice....could be a lisp?

Crichiel
October 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, there IS something about his speech. Maybe he just over-anunciating to cover his Texan accent!

Didja notice how much Gabriel's/The Trickster's height changes in Changing Channels in the Dr. Sexy hallway? On the close-ups, he must have had an apple box because Jensen and Richard are close in height. But in the wide shot, Richard is a LOT shorter. And it stands out even more for me in Hammer of the Gods when he is holding off Lucifer and Sam and Dean pass behind him! (Actually Richard told a funny story about his height at the con).

warrior_chic
October 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I think part of that one was when he morphed from Dr. Sexy into himself. Steve Bacic is pretty tall, so they probably had to boost Richard to do that effect.

starg8fans
October 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM

The evidence seems to point to it, but IIRC there's a shot in some gag reel where Bobby pokes his tongue all the way out - that wouldn't be possible if that was the case. And then, I think this condition can be remedied by surgery, and I think anybody training to be an actor would have it done since it is a speech impediment.

Yeah, there IS something about his speech. Maybe he just over-anunciating to cover his Texan accent!

You mean Jim Beaver is a Texan as well?!? I didn't know that.

Didja notice how much Gabriel's/The Trickster's height changes in Changing Channels in the Dr. Sexy hallway? On the close-ups, he must have had an apple box because Jensen and Richard are close in height. But in the wide shot, Richard is a LOT shorter. And it stands out even more for me in Hammer of the Gods when he is holding off Lucifer and Sam and Dean pass behind him! (Actually Richard told a funny story about his height at the con).

I think part of that one was when he morphed from Dr. Sexy into himself. Steve Bacic is pretty tall, so they probably had to boost Richard to do that effect.

Yes, I did notice that, and I'm sure they must have put him on some box. It's quite obvious if you look at the BTS shots from rehearsing the scene...

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S5/ChChTrickster1.jpg

... and the scene itself.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S5/ChChDeanTrickster.jpg

warrior_chic
October 17th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Jim is actually from Wyoming. But pretty much the entire middle of the country has some variation of the same accent.

Crichiel
October 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
In interviews and in his book, Jim Beaver says he's Texan. (Wyoming-ites don't sound nearly as Southern as Texans.) He was BORN in Wyoming, but raised in Texas.

No, I was just being cute, I know for a fact Richard Speight is using an apple box (confirmed that at the con, saying that if he doesn't use one around the boys, he isn't in frame!), I was just doing the "didja notice" to say could you spot the huge difference in the wide and tight shots?

warrior_chic
October 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I don't think they tried too hard to make un-noticeable. But that ep was so outrageous anyway, it didn't seem to matter as it would have in another.

(oh, and BuddyTV has the Denny-ghost stuff from Grey's as one of the 10 worst storylines in TV. But it made for great SPN-parody material)

RodneyIsGodney
October 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Didja ever notice...that whenever Dean get's his coffee to go he (almost?) always takes off the lid before drinking it?

Didja know...that it's a Jensen thing? Saw him do it in a con video when Jared got his gum stuck to his coffee cup's lid? and had to remove the lid, his good buddy Jensen gave him his coffee lid. Jensen drank his coffee lidless.

So, that's one part of Jensen that had bled into Dean.

warrior_chic
October 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM
That was a hilarious vid! I couldn't understand a whole lot of it, but just watching Jim, you could tell what he was thinking :)

Didya notice... The last night of the curse in Bugs was ridiculously short.

When the boys got to the house, Sam said it was midnight. Then they all run inside away from the bugs, then up to the attic. Couldn't have been 30 total (that might be stretching it) before the sun came up and all the bees flew out the roof.

RodneyIsGodney
October 20th, 2010, 04:31 PM
That was a hilarious vid! I couldn't understand a whole lot of it, but just watching Jim, you could tell what he was thinking :)
Yeah, I couldn't understand the lot of it either, but it was so full of pretty (Jensen & Jared) that it didn't matter.

Didya notice... The last night of the curse in Bugs was ridiculously short.

When the boys got to the house, Sam said it was midnight. Then they all run inside away from the bugs, then up to the attic. Couldn't have been 30 total (that might be stretching it) before the sun came up and all the bees flew out the roof.
I did, yeah. Wonder what that was about?

Crichiel
October 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just a sad and whiny 'didja notice' from a whumper: Didja notice how much great whump (WITH blood and consequences) there was in season 2? Especially compared to the last couple seasons. *sniff*

starg8fans
October 21st, 2010, 03:04 PM
Just a sad and whiny 'didja notice' from a whumper: Didja notice how much great whump (WITH blood and consequences) there was in season 2? Especially compared to the last couple seasons. *sniff*

Oh, I noticed all right. And I didn't like it one bit.

Melia
October 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Didja notice... That last scene in Tall Tales when the Trickster is supposed to be dead in the chair, you can see Richard Speight's chest rise as he takes a deep breath and holds it.

warrior_chic
October 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Didja notice that chicken wire "wall" that has the victim photos in 'Benders' is also in the cellar with Sue Ann's alter in 'Faith'? And I think it mighta been in 'Hell House' too.

warrior_chic
October 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
This may require a rewatch, but when Dean first opens John's journal in 'Asylum' to the article, you can see the Wendigo(?) drawing on the page next to it. When he opens it back up once they're in the asylum, a page is now in between the two.

RodneyIsGodney
October 29th, 2010, 07:27 PM
From Super Wiki:

In the scene while Sam and Dean are getting coffee (shortly after Dean put itching powder in Sam's boxers), the kid handing Dean his coffee says "Here you go, Jensen."

I just watched that scene on-line and it is true. The kid really said that.:D

warrior_chic
October 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
From Super Wiki:

I just watched that scene on-line and it is true. The kid really said that.:D

I've heard of a couple of those: The 'Jared' in Provenance, that one, and in one of them, Jensen/Dean apparently called Sam 'babe'. Very subtle though.

RodneyIsGodney
October 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I've heard of a couple of those: The 'Jared' in Provenance, that one, and in one of them, Jensen/Dean apparently called Sam 'babe'. Very subtle though.
Never heard the Jared one before...will have to do a rewatch. And I just saw that one the other day too.

"Babe" Hmm...that one is new to me. Wonder which episode it's in...

starg8fans
October 30th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Never heard the Jared one before...will have to do a rewatch. And I just saw that one the other day too.

"Babe" Hmm...that one is new to me. Wonder which episode it's in...

I don't know which ep (the scene is pretty generic) but you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7aXkOEiw4 I'm not really sure he actually says 'babe' or 'baby', but it's certainly open to interpretation.

Probably more a 'didja know', but I just watched the musical 'Children of Eden' on stage, and the last song is called In the Beginning. According to the program it refers to the challenges the characters will face and the blessing of free will. Not sure this is actually the basis for this episode title, but it makes sense in this context.

RodneyIsGodney
October 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I don't know which ep (the scene is pretty generic) but you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7aXkOEiw4 I'm not really sure he actually says 'babe' or 'baby', but it's certainly open to interpretation.
Yeah, he calls him "Sam" Not "babe". Even Super Wiki says so...well, whoever submitted the transcript think so anyway.

warrior_chic
October 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I can't find a clip of it, but Jensen says "Jared" in Provenance when they are finding the differences b/t the painting and the picture. Right as Dean notices the razor, he says something along the lines of "Hey (Jared), look at this", then hands him the paper.

RodneyIsGodney
October 31st, 2010, 09:54 AM
I can't find a clip of it, but Jensen says "Jared" in Provenance when they are finding the differences b/t the painting and the picture. Right as Dean notices the razor, he says something along the lines of "Hey (Jared), look at this", then hands him the paper.
I just saw that one the other day, you'd think I'd have noticed something like that...

*goes to check it out*

EDIT: Nope. Jensen definitely says "Sam" ..."Sam, check it out. The razor it's ah, it's closed in this one but it's open in that one."

Sorry. Guess people are hearing things.:o

starg8fans
October 31st, 2010, 12:36 PM
Or hearing what they want to hear. :D

Melia
November 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
This is more of a Didja Know then a Didja Notice.

Didja know that in Yellow Fever, Dean wasn't infected because he was a dick but because he used fear as a weapon.

Also from Yellow Fever, Jim Beaver really is fluent in Japanese.

Jack_O'Neill_fan
November 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
That is so cool! :D Makes me want to get my Japanese dictionary out...

RodneyIsGodney
November 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Or hearing what they want to hear. :D
My point.;)

This is more of a Didja Know then a Didja Notice.

Didja know that in Yellow Fever, Dean wasn't infected because he was a dick but because he used fear as a weapon.
Nope. Can't say as I did.

I knew that.

Didja ever notice...that Dean wore a v-neck t-shirt in Lazarus Rising? He wore it under his flannel.

Sorry, that's all I got at the moment.:o

RodneyIsGodney
November 4th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Didja ever notice...the little scar on Dean's (Jensen's) chin?

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/simon-said.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/simon-said3-1.jpg

I noticed it while watching Simon Said yesterday morning. I was, uh, kinda transfixed by their chins, more precisely the clefts in their chins.:o

starg8fans
November 4th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Actually, this scar is a mystery. It comes and goes, kinda 'now you see it, now you don't'. A fan asked Jensen about it at a con, and he said he didn't have a scar on his chin. I know it's hard to believe, but there are shots of him too where you don't see it at all.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S2/SN219_112.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/S4%20Screencaps/Wishful%20Thinking/344.jpg

Dr Lee
November 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
that is strange......

starg8fans
November 4th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Yes it is. And they say nothing supernatural ever happens on set...

warrior_chic
November 5th, 2010, 03:54 AM
I thought of this one last night as I was falling asleep. Don't ask me why.

In 'Good God Yall', on Dean's xray, he has no organs.

RodneyIsGodney
November 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Not a scar huh? If Jensen says so...

I thought of this one last night as I was falling asleep. Don't ask me why.

In 'Good God Yall', on Dean's xray, he has no organs.
Okay, that made me LOL.:P I dunno why but that just strikes me funny. Every time I read it. Thank you for giving me a good laugh today.:P

Oh, and no, I never noticed cause I was too busy noticing how phoney the ribcages in those x-rays look.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/ribcage-xray-1.jpg
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/ribcage-xray2-1.jpg
The ribs look flat to me.

warrior_chic
November 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Okay, that made me LOL.:P I dunno why but that just strikes me funny. Every time I read it. Thank you for giving me a good laugh today.:P

Oh, and no, I never noticed cause I was too busy noticing how phoney the ribcages in those x-rays look.

<snip snip>
The ribs look flat to me.

Glad I could make your day :) I'm sure the ribs are entirely flat. You can tell they are thicker at the edges than through the middle. They prob just used a model skeleton rather than a real xray. So either someone wasn't paying attention, or they wanted to play with us.

And I have to go check this one, but I think I saw a cap with an xray in the background that was upside down.

warrior_chic
November 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Well, set design is 0 for 2 in the accurate xray department. It's best visible in the gag reel for S5, but in the morgue in My Bloody Valentine, there is a chest xray behind Cas while they look at the hearts. This one has organs, but it's upside down.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/wnhs_2008/Supernatural/ep%20caps/GR-Cas-21.jpg

And a real chest xray for comparison.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/wnhs_2008/stanowitz_pa_chest.jpg

RodneyIsGodney
November 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Glad I could make your day :)
I'm glad too.:) I literally could not stop laughing. And I really needed it.

I'm sure the ribs are entirely flat. You can tell they are thicker at the edges than through the middle. They prob just used a model skeleton rather than a real xray. So either someone wasn't paying attention, or they wanted to play with us.
We agree on the flat issue. Good. A model skeleton... now why didn't I think of that? That explains a lot! I think they wanted to play with us.;)

And I have to go check this one, but I think I saw a cap with an xray in the background that was upside down.
Really?

Well, set design is 0 for 2 in the accurate xray department. It's best visible in the gag reel for S5, but in the morgue in My Bloody Valentine, there is a chest xray behind Cas while they look at the hearts. This one has organs, but it's upside down.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/wnhs_2008/Supernatural/ep%20caps/GR-Cas-21.jpg
Oh yeah, I see it! Silly set designers!:P

And a real chest xray for comparison.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/wnhs_2008/stanowitz_pa_chest.jpg
Now THAT'S real!

Jack_O'Neill_fan
November 7th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Didja ever notice...

...in Skin, when Dean pulls out of the gas station in the beginning, he blows right through a stop sign! :O