This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli Hogging All The Food

i'm sure it's been mentioned in other threads, but Eli looks bigger than when he got on the Destiny

he's the Hurley of Lost, he's hoarding the space ranch dressing

his man boobs are bigger than Chloes
    Last edited by Nitegate; 09 June 2010, 12:45 AM.

Suspension of disbelief.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

His man boobs are bigger than Chloes
      I should hope so, given Chloe has woman boobs and not man boobs.

And Jesus Zombie Christ, what's with all the kids harping on about Eli's weight? Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I don't mind Eli, he is probably the most normal person on board.

I think it's more the semantics of it of the show, he should have lost weight due to I think the omnivorous diet and less protein. Just you know, the food supply on the Destiny and whatnot.

Comment

you are aware that suddenly dropping eating down to very little WONT cause you to lose wieght, his metabolism would be used to a lot of calories and will SLOW DOWN without food. he probably looks bigger because of his hair

Comment

Have you guys ever stood next to a girl the size of Chloe? She would be lucky to weigh 40kg dripping wet. Any dude bigger than Rush is going to look slightly on the larger side. Build a bridge and get over it.
            sigpic

Comment

It may be only an ilusion. An unintended play with shadows and light which makes Eli seams bigger, or because of his hair as escyos said.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                It may be only an ilusion. An unintended play with shadows and light which makes Eli seams bigger, or because of his hair as escyos said.
                His hair only looks big due to his abnormally large head. its probably due to the lighting on Destiny.....like Mulder's hair on the X-Files.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope David Blue doesn't read this thread...
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    Indeed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      you are aware that suddenly dropping eating down to very little WONT cause you to lose wieght, his metabolism would be used to a lot of calories and will SLOW DOWN without food. he probably looks bigger because of his hair
                      Your metabolism slows down alright, but doesn't stop.

That being; Eli would still lose weight. Just not as much if he was on a controlled healthy diet.

Now, on the other hand, in a recent episode, didn't Young say that "rationing would begin again" or something? Which would indicate that because of all their planetary trips, they had, up until that point, enough food so they didn't have to ration?

So they wouldn't have a huge selection (why is why everyone is so dreary over it) but still enough to keep them well fed.

Besides, the military guys, with all their muscle, doesn't seem to be decreasing in muscle mass. Scott looks the same now as he did when he arrived. Muscle needs protein. If they were so short on food, he'd be wasting away like Eli should.

The fact that EVERYONE is almost the same shows they have no shortage.

Comment

He knows we love him! Besides, he can always give me crap about my big nose
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          I should hope so, given Chloe has woman boobs and not man boobs.

And Jesus Zombie Christ, what's with all the kids harping on about Eli's weight? Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.
                          you answered that yourself
                          Really, it's not that big a deal. No one is asking why the military guys aren't getting all scrawny or why the women aren't fainting in the hallways or why the more pragmatic members of the team aren't suggesting they draw lots on which team member should be the next pork chop. Just like any other part of the show, like the stargate itself, to the destiny to aliens, I choose to believe that the slop they are being fed has enough calories to keep them going. Of course, even if you managed to take a pill that gave you everything you needed for a day's nutrition, you would still be hungry, and you'd still crave things, because we are made to eat, and not eat slop. So when we hear them walk around, talking about being hungry, I don't take it so much as 'we're starving' but 'I'd kill for a deep dish pizza'

If he does, I apologize and offer the thought that we're not all like this, fortunately.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Nitegate View Post
                            i'm sure it's been mentioned in other threads
                            This should have been a massive clue and the thread should have ended here (before it began).

Brb...I'm off to start a new thread about my (totally original) thoughts on Chloe! Lawlz!
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zkyire View Post
                              Your metabolism slows down alright, but doesn't stop.

That being; Eli would still lose weight. Just not as much if he was on a controlled healthy diet.

Now, on the other hand, in a recent episode, didn't Young say that "rationing would begin again" or something? Which would indicate that because of all their planetary trips, they had, up until that point, enough food so they didn't have to ration?

So they wouldn't have a huge selection (why is why everyone is so dreary over it) but still enough to keep them well fed.

Besides, the military guys, with all their muscle, doesn't seem to be decreasing in muscle mass. Scott looks the same now as he did when he arrived. Muscle needs protein. If they were so short on food, he'd be wasting away like Eli should.

The fact that EVERYONE is almost the same shows they have no shortage.
                              You do know that actors who play those characters are not really trapped on a space ship, right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X