Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Partnership Secures New Series of Torchwood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/torchwood_new_series/

BBC Cymru Wales, BBC Worldwide and US premium entertainment network, Starz Entertainment, have today announced a three way co-production partnership that will develop a new series of the hit BBC sci-fi drama Torchwood. BBC Worldwide will also distribute the series to broadcasters globally.

The 10-episode instalment will be written by a team led by Torchwood creator, Russell T Davies, and produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Davies and BBC Worldwide Productions’ SVP Scripted, Julie Gardner, return as executive producers with BBC Worldwide Productions EVP Jane Tranter. The series has been commissioned by Controller BBC ONE, Jay Hunt, Controller BBC Drama, Ben Stephenson, and Starz President and CEO, Chris Albrecht.

While previous series were based on location in Cardiff, Wales, this new instalment will see storylines widen to include locations in the U.S. and around the world. John Barrowman and Eve Myles will return in their roles as Captain Jack and Gwen respectively, along with new faces.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Big woots from me! I'm down for ten episodes more of Jack playing with/killing aliens.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Fantastic! So rather than an exclusively US series or another BBC series, we get a combo - best of both worlds!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

wheeeee

a win all around. i get more torchwood and it won't be frakked up by US networks
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes! If you'd told me back when season one aired how much I'd miss Torchwood when it was off the air, I never would've believed it. Admittedly I'd be happier if it was just the BBC doing it, and am slightly confused that it has less episodes than a full series on the Beeb, but I'm still thrilled that they're back. I'd just about given up hope.

Comment

OH...yes.

Comment

Anyword on when its going to air?
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                Anyword on when its going to air?
                Summer 2011

Comment

Very cool!! Although I'd rather it be a season 2.5 and erase S3.... I just really liked the old team. We'll see.. I'll watch either way but I hope whomever they add to the team gel well.

Comment

I wonder if this is just a trial run for a Torchwood America? ya know set a few episodes in the states, international funding, see how the whole thing goes down.. and then a spin off would air simultaneously with Torchwood season 5...
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I'm still not happy.

I liked the fact that Cardiff was sort of like Sunnydale. It was all kinds of crazy cool.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I'm still not happy.

I liked the fact that Cardiff was sort of like Sunnydale. It was all kinds of crazy cool.
                        It's okay. I'm happy.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          I'm still not happy.

Yeah, I would rather still have it set in Cardiff...but I'm happy to be getting more TW with Jack and Gwen still around.

Comment

Glad the team will be together. I don't know why there will only be 10 episodes, but i hope it is still good even with some of the episodes being go the us.

Comment

The thing that worries me is that one of the Press Releases stated that it would be set in the same timeline as the previous Torchwood AND that this meant people were aware of the existence of aliens. Given what's happening in DW with the Crack, isn't this going to cause a massive continuity problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X