Why no countdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no countdown?

Fair enough that Destiny dropped out of FTL because of an incoming wormhole but why did it not jump back or at least display a countdown?

I think it is because of either the incursion, that Destiny (with a little help from the neural interface upgrade formally known as Franklin) decided to give the crew a chance to repel boarders, or because of whatever is in space that killed the LA member. After all, it seemed to me at first that he was exposed to some super powerful solar radiation that got through the shield when it flickered.

Are we to believe that he died while standing under the exposed section of hull and flickering shield by coincedence? Either it was the shield somehow extending its field within the ship and all in its path or it was letting something in it would normally keep out.

What do you think?
    "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

I'm thinking Destiny/Franklin as well
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think we'll find out in the next episode or two...

But seriously I think it's a little early to be making anything other than pure guesses at this point, it was clearly a set up for something to be dealt with in the next episode. Having said that I think that we may very well see a return from Franklin in some guise or that they've unfortunately stopped near to something putting out huge amounts of radiation.

Comment

it's definitely a guess on my part, LOL!
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Guesses are fun!

I'm pretty sure (in a wild guess sort of way) the lack of countdown is related to the turning-the-LA-guy-to-dust thing, but I'm wondering if maybe Eli triggered something... although I have no idea what that would be.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm still thinking Destiny couldn't handle another 9-chevron address and simply lost it.
            sigpic

Comment

maybe the neutron star has the same effect as the gravity well as that planet in Faith and Destiny has to spin around it to re-enter FTL.

Comment

I think it's Franklin.

Comment

Another vote for Franklin.

Comment

Its probably a relation to the thing that turned the Lucian Alliance into ash and no I don't think its Franklin
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Clock in the Control Interface Room is out of batteries.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Its probably a relation to the thing that turned the Lucian Alliance into ash and no I don't think its Franklin
                        Bet you a green that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Bet you a green that it is.
                          I see your green and raise you 2 more
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm with Jelgate here. Something related to the crispy guy, and it ain't Franklin.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

What if it is some strange star? And some strange radiation, LA guy was hurt in the corridor with damaged hull, it could be something with radiation.

Comment

Working...
                              X