Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite possibly a dumb question but..why didn't they take supplies ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite possibly a dumb question but..why didn't they take supplies ?

Why didn't any of the LA members bring any food, water or supplies when they entered the gate to Destiny? After all, they knew they would be going to a ship with no chance of getting home any time soon. So why wouldn't you bring food, water, clothing, a book or two, something other than guns, "just in case"?

Normally, I never "overthink" an episode of SGU, I just enjoy it for what it is mostly.. but a military operation willingly going there with no supplies is quite dumb. I get that they were under attack and had to hurry.. but they were already planning to gate to the ship, so it seems like they would have at least something ready to go.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.

I beleive they didn't really have any ready to take with them. They had to evacuate the planet through te gate very fast. It seemed even more rushed than the original evacuation from the Icarus planet the humans did. However, the SG personnel already seemed to have supplies near the startgate ready to take.

Maybe its all down to better 'project management' on the side of the Earth forces?

Comment

Originally posted by rust View Post
      Why didn't any of the LA members bring any food, water or supplies when they entered the gate to Destiny? After all, they knew they would be going to a ship with no chance of getting home any time soon. So why wouldn't you bring food, water, clothing, a book or two, something other than guns, "just in case"?

Normally, I never "overthink" an episode of SGU, I just enjoy it for what it is mostly.. but a military operation willingly going there with no supplies is quite dumb. I get that they were under attack and had to hurry.. but they were already planning to gate to the ship, so it seems like they would have at least something ready to go.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.
      The pyramid was being attacked and they rushed through the gate instead cause the pyramid was collapsing. They took what was close to the gate.

This has been answered I think. Maybe the mods can close this. Next time ask in the general episode discussion thread, more people frequent that. But you're new so you might not have known, it's all good.

Comment

the food was probably stashed a few rooms too far to take it with them in time. besides the LA has taken the supplies to take control over destiny, they'll figure out the rest later.

Comment

They knew from Telford that the SGC personnel on Destiny already had supplies, so once they took the ship they could take the supplies, too.

Comment

First, this wasn't the planned departure time.

Two, how do we know they didn't? They obviously brought some things with them, but likely not everything they wish they had.
            sigpic

Comment

At this point, with the water recycling system working and the hydroponics garden growing a small amount of food, and the ship stopping at planets periodically where they can get water and food, the only thing the LA would need to bring (the only thing they can't produce/acquire themselves once they're on Destiny) is ammunition, and maybe some medicine or something.

Comment

They only left when they did because the Hammond showed up. Their departure was as ill timed as the one from Icarus base.

Perfecto!

Comment

I don't think that they were prepared to leave at that time, plus, they may also know, or think they know, something about Destiny that the crew don't?
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well, they know how to unlock the doors, so we can assume they probably know other stuff. Turning the ship around and heading back to the MW would take another hundreds of thousands of years, but maybe they can at least tell the ship where to take them next?

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      I don't think that they were prepared to leave at that time, plus, they may also know, or think they know, something about Destiny that the crew don't?
                      Thats True, I was waiting for Rush to say during their impromptu exit. You know having to run through the gate as everything explodes.

'' Here we go again.''

Comment

On a similar topic, the supplies will be stretched even thinner now they have an extra load of people on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                          On a similar topic, the supplies will be stretched even thinner now they have an extra load of people on board.
                          What are you talking about? Plenty of people are probably going to die in the fighting between the two sides so they're going to be having the mystery meat loaf for weeks to come.

Comment

Sorry about not knowing where exactly to post this topic. I'm pretty new and have been scared away from posting for the most part... that's why when I do post, I try to do so sparingly.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I do appreciate it. It never crossed my mind that since they have technology to open the doors, that they could also know more about the ship and quite possibly know where to get/manufacture supplies.

Comment

I was actually happy having a a full force of Lucian Alliance troops on board. They were carrying a lot of guns and ammo enough to arm everyone for two seasons worth of ground fighting.

I think Kiva has some supplies even if its a few days worth she just wants to use Young's supply first also how are they gonna get the supplies? Will Young send men to bring the supplies to Kiva's or will Young open the infirmary for Kiva's men? either way it is an opportunity to do damage.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                              X