The Weekly TJ/Young Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weekly TJ/Young Thread

Ok. Definately an intense episode for me. Especially when Young was talking to TJ and advised her to stay in the infirmary for when the attack occurs. And that they would probably be needing her help. I almost melted when she said that they would need a doctor and not her. To which Young replied something along the lines of she was what they had.

It was an intense scene when Young tells TJ that he would be venting the Gate room. Could really see some interesting interractions between Young and TJ.

And when they captured her I almost cried. The expression on Young when he found out that she was among the hostages. I liked that when she was talking to him, he referred to her as "Leutenant" rather than TJ. Much safer for her if there is no knowledge that he has any personal investment in her. So if all she is to him (in front of the LA) is just one of his "military personnel", then there is less of a chance of something happening to her.

What does everyone else think?
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
    Ok. Definately an intense episode for me. Especially when Young was talking to TJ and advised her to stay in the infirmary for when the attack occurs. And that they would probably be needing her help. I almost melted when she said that they would need a doctor and not her. To which Young replied something along the lines of she was what they had.

It was an intense scene when Young tells TJ that he would be venting the Gate room. Could really see some interesting interractions between Young and TJ.

And when they captured her I almost cried. The expression on Young when he found out that she was among the hostages. I liked that when she was talking to him, he referred to her as "Leutenant" rather than TJ. Much safer for her if there is no knowledge that he has any personal investment in her. So if all she is to him (in front of the LA) is just one of his "military personnel", then there is less of a chance of something happening to her.

What does everyone else think?
    you've nailed all the big points for me and I'll add only one: the very brief but, given how sparing Young is with affection - telling, PDA where he has his hand on her lower back to take her separate from the others. He doesn't do that, go around touching people, he always seems super-reserved, so that he did that is a big deal. Might as well be a kiss from his end.

LF has this wonderfully expressive face that is just great for what I call guy expressions and he can really say quite a bit with just a look. When he relates how he's going to deal with the LA, and later, when he found out that TJ had been captured, it just yanked on me. That's a guy that, whether he wants to or not, wears his hurt right out on his sleeve.

I was very worried for TJ the character as well as AH the actress. When the LA had her with her arms up, my first thought was worry, in that she's carrying a real child and it's not likely a good pose for her. I hope they didn't keep her like that for too long I know she's fine and that pregnant women do all sorts of things but it was still this gut reaction. then again, I think I'd feel it even if I didn't know she was pregnant, because these characters have really come to matter to me when I'm watching.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      I was very worried for TJ the character as well as AH the actress. When the LA had her with her arms up, my first thought was worry, in that she's carrying a real child and it's not likely a good pose for her. I hope they didn't keep her like that for too long I know she's fine and that pregnant women do all sorts of things but it was still this gut reaction..
      Seriously, you need to stop worrying. Being pregnant isn't being made of fine china - I've had 2 kids, worked all the way through both pregnancies, and worked out/been active/gone hiking well into the beginning of my third trimester each time. So have many, many women. You are actually usually quite healthy and hearty during any normal pregnancy, and given that this was AH 3rd kid (she looks so fabulous! You go girl!), she was probably healthy as a horse all through.

(Given that she twittered her delivery - I'm guessing she was more than fine.)
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

i dont' think young really dedicated to the baby.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          Seriously, you need to stop worrying. Being pregnant isn't being made of fine china - I've had 2 kids, worked all the way through both pregnancies, and worked out/been active/gone hiking well into the beginning of my third trimester each time. So have many, many women. You are actually usually quite healthy and hearty during any normal pregnancy, and given that this was AH 3rd kid (she looks so fabulous! You go girl!), she was probably healthy as a horse all through.

(Given that she twittered her delivery - I'm guessing she was more than fine.)
          I'm fully aware of that, Carmen and you're talking to a mother, so I'm aware. I mentioned that it was a gut reaction; those generally can't be helped and it's a measure of how much the characters have come to mean to me.
          sigpic

Comment

I guess I don't get that gut reaction at all - maybe I'm just used to thinking that pregnant women are pretty tough, I haven't really been worried about TJ at all.

Although:
            Spoiler:

I am fairly certain that the pregnancy will not end well, because I think the writers aren't going to have a baby on the Destiny for long, or at all. But that is a plot-based reason - and I could be wrong.
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I don't get that gut reaction at all - maybe I'm just used to thinking that pregnant women are pretty tough, I haven't really been worried about TJ at all.

Although:
              Spoiler:

I am fairly certain that the pregnancy will not end well, because I think the writers aren't going to have a baby on the Destiny for long, or at all. But that is a plot-based reason - and I could be wrong.
              Yep, I'm predicting that Incursion Part 2 will not end well for either TJ or the baby.
              sigpic

Comment

you've nailed all the big points for me and I'll add only one: the very brief but, given how sparing Young is with affection - telling, PDA where he has his hand on her lower back to take her separate from the others. He doesn't do that, go around touching people, he always seems super-reserved, so that he did that is a big deal. Might as well be a kiss from his end.
                Yeh, he seems to give off those very subtle but perfect things that show that he deeply cares for and is concerned for TJ their baby that she is carrying.

LF has this wonderfully expressive face that is just great for what I call guy expressions and he can really say quite a bit with just a look. When he relates how he's going to deal with the LA, and later, when he found out that TJ had been captured, it just yanked on me. That's a guy that, whether he wants to or not, wears his hurt right out on his sleeve.
                Amen to that.

I was very worried for TJ the character as well as AH the actress. When the LA had her with her arms up, my first thought was worry, in that she's carrying a real child and it's not likely a good pose for her. I hope they didn't keep her like that for too long I know she's fine and that pregnant women do all sorts of things but it was still this gut reaction. then again, I think I'd feel it even if I didn't know she was pregnant, because these characters have really come to matter to me when I'm watching.
                I wouldn't be worried at all. They have James Bamford (BamBam) who does all the stunt co-ordinating and he is very carefull to ensure the safety of all the cast and crew. And I can almost guarantee that he would have gone over the scenes with Alaina to ensure that she was comfortable with anything and everything that she would have to do in the scenes. Just in my own chats that I have had with him (on his thread on here and on twitter) I can see that he would have never had Alaina do anything that would be dangerous for her or her RL baby that she was carrying at the time. Alaina said on Friday on the live chat that she was eight months pregnant in RL when they shot that episode.
                My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I'm fully aware of that, Carmen and you're talking to a mother, so I'm aware. I mentioned that it was a gut reaction; those generally can't be helped and it's a measure of how much the characters have come to mean to me.
                  I can understand that. As soon as I found out that TJ was pregnant, I began to invest heavily into the character myself, and I just assumed that Alaina was pregnant in RL at the time (I never follow spoilers) and didn't actually know for certian that she was pregnant in RL. So yeh, I too would be having those "moments" where I would for a few seconds or so be concerned, or cry or something.

Mostly it is because Alaina is such an amazing actress who has portrayed TJ far more beautifully than I could have ever expected. And as I read Q&A's and interviews where she explains telling TPTB that she was pregnant and that they opted to write her RL pregnancy into the story makes it all that more enjoyable for me. Knowing that TPTB could have either written her out of the storyline for a while or made her use "props" to hide her pregnancy. So I am glad that they did choose to incorporate her RL pregnancy into the story and allowed TJ to be pregnant at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                    So I am glad that they did choose to incorporate her RL pregnancy into the story and allowed TJ to be pregnant at the same time.
                    So am I. Really happy with this pregnancy storyline.

Now, if only the baby would be safe...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      So am I. Really happy with this pregnancy storyline.

Now, if only the baby would be safe...
                      That will be the million dollar question.

I am glad too they incorporated it into the storyline. Cause I bet it would have been harder for Alaina to have to use "props" to hide the pregnancy than it would have been to just incoporate it and have TJ pregnant too. And I would have been dissappointed if they had written her out for a time. Because that would have been about a half dozen episodes give or take.

Comment

I honestly think a Baby aboard Destiny would fit in perfectly.

What I was wondering however.. Why is TJ against venting and killing the LA incursion? There are not very many options here.. Take hostages and keep them alive with already scarce resources?

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
                          Why is TJ against venting and killing the LA incursion? There are not very many options here.. Take hostages and keep them alive with already scarce resources?
                          I've been thinking about this a bit - maybe it is just the medic in her - she is trained to save lives, and was going to go to medical school. Killing all those people is a hard thing - even if you think there is no other choice, and dying that way is pretty horrible.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about this a bit - maybe it is just the medic in her - she is trained to save lives, and was going to go to medical school. Killing all those people is a hard thing - even if you think there is no other choice, and dying that way is pretty horrible.
                            I agree. It's not only hard on her as far as knowing that all those people will die, but that they will die for her. She didn't want anyone to give their life for her in Air either. I think having Young being responsible for the killing may also weight on her, as she's been the one to bring up what such a choice has cost him personally.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
                              I honestly think a Baby aboard Destiny would fit in perfectly.

What I was wondering however.. Why is TJ against venting and killing the LA incursion? There are not very many options here.. Take hostages and keep them alive with already scarce resources?
                              I agree that a baby on board the Destiny would be a bright spot on the gloomy atmosphere of the ship. Would be a great morale booster. Though I somehow don't see TPTB writing TJ's baby as being on the ship for long if at all. It would mean that they have to cast babies into the show (and probably at least a couple of them given the working restrictions that may be in place for using them in the show). Which would be more of an inconvenience than a benifit to the show unfortunately. In theory it would be great for the morale of the people on Destiny, in practicality it probably would be more work than the benifit it would produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X