PDA

View Full Version : Eli's magic room

bobsuncorp
June 6th, 2010, 06:40 AM
So we have a really bad situation going down and coincedentally Eli has found a part of the ship that has never been seen before? Methinks the two will end up being related. Namely that Eli will find a control system or a device or something that will end up saving the day.

Maybe he will find a stockpile of Kino's with laser guns attached that he can then send against the LA soldiers to take them all out. Maybe he will find the transporter room and be able to beam all the baddies off the ship. Maybe something else.

Any suggestions?

beire
June 6th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I doubt the Destiney has beaming tech, but you are probably correct that Eli may save the day, maybe he finds Franklin?

Major_Griff
June 6th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I would hope that whatever discovery Eli inevitably makes, isn't a deus ex machina to resolve the LA incursion, but rather something that leads to a future development. Like how they found the chair in Life but it wasn't used until Justice, Human, and Sabotage.

Mike.
June 6th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I think he's more likely to find the ship's sick bay and save Chloe.

That and some Destiny style hand held weapons.

Also, didn't those orange tubes look a lot like stasis pods ?

VOOK
June 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Wouldn't the bridge be at the front of the ship?

Major_Griff
June 6th, 2010, 07:46 AM

Only if you want to provide an obvious target.

suse
June 6th, 2010, 07:54 AM
So we have a really bad situation going down and coincedentally Eli has found a part of the ship that has never been seen before? Methinks the two will end up being related. Namely that Eli will find a control system or a device or something that will end up saving the day.

Maybe he will find a stockpile of Kino's with laser guns attached that he can then send against the LA soldiers to take them all out. Maybe he will find the transporter room and be able to beam all the baddies off the ship. Maybe something else.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps it's the Room of Requirement (a.k.a The Come and Go Room) ;)

late_wolfy
June 6th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Surely the best place to have a bridge, as well as any critical location, would be within the very heart of the ship, somewhere that is quite a long way from the outside hull, thus lowering the chance of critical damage to that area.

On the otherhand, the ships current Control Room is located in what would APPEAR to be such an area, but it's a bit too close to the stargate in my opinion, which is within major risk of infiltration. However, as seen on friday, its far enough away that an incursion can't get that far... yet?

escyos
June 6th, 2010, 08:01 AM
a room with a goat in it

Takamuri
June 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well, as per all Stargate end-of-season episodes (except the Atlantis ending), I wouldn't expect much to happen this season. It might just be me but it wouldn't seem like that good of a cliffhanger if all of the sudden the main part of the season finale was resolved in this last episode.

My money is on things getting worse before they get better. I do think Eli will find something though, just saying we will likely have to wait.

brian_177
June 6th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I think it's gonna be the bridge. We haven't found it yet, and that would be a key to all their season 1 issues (although I'm not sure how finding the steering wheel will help with the LA issue.) As for it being an easy target if it's placed at the front of the ship, spaceships have pretty decent targeting capabilities--placing it at the front versus the back (but still facing forward) wouldn't make much difference.

Mike.
June 6th, 2010, 09:01 AM
The bridge could be anywhere. In the back, even deep inside in the middle of the ship (this would be the safest place). You have screens, you don't need it to be front facing; or have any direct contact with the exterior for that matter.

Sami_
June 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
One thing is for sure, this area of the ship is completely and utterly unexciting so far, I hope they find something interesting.

Quadhelix
June 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I think it's gonna be the bridge. We haven't found it yet, and that would be a key to all their season 1 issues (although I'm not sure how finding the steering wheel will help with the LA issue.) Actually, they have two valid bridge candidates, the control nexus (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=897&pos=796) and the chair (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=921&pos=995). The reason that they do not have control of the ship's flight path is because they haven't figured out the password, not because they have not found the bridge.

brian_177
June 6th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Actually, they have two valid bridge candidates, the control nexus and the chair. The reason that they do not have control of the ship's flight path is because they haven't figured out the password, not because they have not found the bridge.

I'm not buying it--unless the weird noises we heard when the ship was melting that dude was the computerized voice of that dude who was sucked up by the chair. (Don't remember his name.)

My point is that it's pretty much Sci-Fi law (and Stargate has generally stuck to this, it seems) that spaceships have a forward facing bridge with room for commanding officer and several crew members. This includes the SGA Aurora class ships that are surely more advanced than Destiny. I think the control room is just that, a control room--and we've seen lots of them on ships before. It doesn't seem like the place the Ancients intended to pilot the ship from when they arrived.

Puddle-Jumper
June 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Eli didn't just find a new room that no one else had, they knew what it did but just hadn't got around to exploring it yet...

eonflux
June 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately thats not the case: For some reason there are no markings to what the room do. They know they exist but not what is in them. For some reason lantian design has no markings whats so ever, just endless corridors. Look at Atlantis. Look at Destiny. We mark things like office, w.c. etc.
Making me think lantians had some kind of special spacial orientation gene.

It could be any room. My best would be the lantian sick-bay.

wargrafix
June 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
This series will jump the shark if they find....gasp! Replicators.

It was luck. The odds could have gone in the direction of them transported to a vented compartment.

bobsuncorp
June 6th, 2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=295326&fullsize=1

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=889&pos=25

The above image (if I've managed to insert it correctly) shows the observation deck in the centre, to our left is the dome that was discovered in the first ep (the one with the big hole in the ceiling) and I believe the big tower is the bridge. Based on the basic designs of human built sea going ships, that is how we always build them because it gives the best viewpoint. While it is true that the bridge could easily be buried deep within the ship on a vessel with control links throughout, you could also make the arguement that crewed compartments need to be near the surface so there is a greater chance of reaching escape pods, so IMO that is a wash.

bobsuncorp
June 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM

OK lets try this again.

bobsuncorp
June 6th, 2010, 09:21 PM

You can see it again from another angle.

UniverseSizePlotHole
June 6th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I though this would be about Eli's quarters - you know "I'll be in my bunk" haha

There's probably plenty of reasons to have interesting stuff as far away from the Destiny's engine as possible.

meo3000
June 6th, 2010, 10:51 PM
He wont find the main bridge, they are heading towards the back of the ship.

The main bridge, the automated and currently controlled by Franklin Bridge, is in the heavily shielded "nose" of the ship. Thats where i wouldve put it.

The Swarm
June 6th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I think they find the Ancient disco dance room complete with crystal Kinos that change color when music plays.

late_wolfy
June 7th, 2010, 03:09 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=295326&fullsize=1

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=889&pos=25

The above image (if I've managed to insert it correctly) shows the observation deck in the centre, to our left is the dome that was discovered in the first ep (the one with the big hole in the ceiling) and I believe the big tower is the bridge. Based on the basic designs of human built sea going ships, that is how we always build them because it gives the best viewpoint. While it is true that the bridge could easily be buried deep within the ship on a vessel with control links throughout, you could also make the arguement that crewed compartments need to be near the surface so there is a greater chance of reaching escape pods, so IMO that is a wash.

Firstly, I agree the bridge may very welll be somewhere in that pyramid tower, probably towards the center, and not near the top.

However, as for escape pods, does the Destiny even have any? Infact, I'm trying to think whether or not I've seen any ships in Stargate with escape pods. The usual evacuation methd seems to be to use beaming technology, the fighters, and in the case of Destiny that seems to only have the Stargate and the now 1 shuttle.

I'm not saying there aren't any, I've just not seen any or heard of any mentioned.

Major_Griff
June 7th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Infact, I'm trying to think whether or not I've seen any ships in Stargate with escape pods.

Goa'uld cargo ships and motherships have been shown to have escape pods.

icsteffi
June 7th, 2010, 05:03 AM

You can see it again from another angle.

I've been trying to figure this out, and just been getting more confused. But they are near here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3n7xbgx0g1qafe4qo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1275998359&Signature=2YYKdZtTT6tYRJZ8JMmn3J6DGbc%3D

It seems like they are heading through long corridors, meaning they are heading to the tower thing. I agree that the bridge is probably there.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 7th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Aren't "we" closer to the middle, where the shuttles and that round domey observation thingy is?
If so, aren't Chloe and Eli headed for the front of the ship?

bobsuncorp
June 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for including that image, after about half an hour of combing through screencaps to find the 2 I wanted I gave up trying to find the one you included so cheers.

At the moment it does look like they are on the Starboard side (the right side as you are facing the front) and apart from the big dome thing (which I reckon was a conference room or possible recreation area) there doesn't seem to be much on that side. So it may be a straight (if long) shot to the Bridge.

suqata
June 7th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Aren't "we" closer to the middle, where the shuttles and that round domey observation thingy is?
If so, aren't Chloe and Eli headed for the front of the ship?

Exactly..... Everyone is located in the back area of the ship near where the pyramid and dome thing is along with the shuttles. They are heading to the nose of the ship in the opposite direction of everyone else.

bobsuncorp
June 7th, 2010, 07:57 AM
You may have a point as far as where most of our guys are currently, the pyramid could contain all the crew quarters that we have seen.

However I don't think there is anything significant in the nose of the ship, there are no portholes and don't forget that the nose is where the "main weapon" is, so the nose could be where that massive cannon is housed when not in use.

BTW click on the thumbnail for a larger image.

beafly
June 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Based on the two images above, they are definitely located just behind the nose cone of the ship It sure looks like there is at least 1 deck sticking up above the nose, and that is what they are in.

There does appear to be some sort of significant structure with 2 antennae sticking up directly behind and above them.

I'm sure hoping they find the bridge. It would have only taken them 20 episodes.

meo3000
June 7th, 2010, 07:17 PM
But Eli said he needed to see where the were on the ship to know where to go, so they are getting back towards the others. They may have been next to the bridge but decided to take a right instead of left.

GoodSmeagol
June 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
You may have a point as far as where most of our guys are currently, the pyramid could contain all the crew quarters that we have seen.

However I don't think there is anything significant in the nose of the ship, there are no portholes and don't forget that the nose is where the "main weapon" is, so the nose could be where that massive cannon is housed when not in use.

BTW click on the thumbnail for a larger image.

my guess is the bridge is just behind the massive head of the ship. center, there is a small risen dome.
Thats where my money is at.

TheChronoTrigger
June 9th, 2010, 01:55 AM
a room with a goat in it

Wherever those space goats go, trouble follows. Just look what happened to Draenor. The whole planet got blown up.