PDA

View Full Version : Young or Telford

Nemises
June 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Now that telford has also managed to get himself on the destiny (in his own body) and apparently seems to be on the side of sgc so after the LA fiasco is dealt with who will command the ship ?

Both have the same rank....i can already see wray and rush playing both of them against each other for there own personal agenda!

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 04:13 PM
In situations like this unless Homeworld Security says otherwise the person who has been coloniel longer is the commandar. If a military poster says otherwise I plead ignorance:P

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
In situations like this unless Homeworld Security says otherwise the person who has been coloniel longer is the commandar. If a military poster says otherwise I plead ignorance:P

your talking about Senoirity.

Nemises
June 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
jack isn't pleased with young command either and telford was a traitor not long ago.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Young :D

Kermee
June 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Col. Young....of course! But I do think it is up to the ship (Destiny) on who will command her, and I think she picked Young to be her commander.
I also think Col. Telford is still a bad guy.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Telford was recently brainwashed and was an LA mole I can't see Jack putting him in charge. If Telford tries a power grab, we don't know who would be with him, but we do know Young will have Greer on his side. My money is on Young.

GateroomGuard
June 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Well Telford was supposed to be the guy in charge of the Destiny expedition. Not to mention he can explain away all his jerkish behavior by saying he was brainwashed. So far Telford seems pretty capable, at least it will ease up Scott's responsibilities as Youngs second in command with Telford likely taking over that.

But what I would like to know is if he was brainwashed when Greer hit him.

hbk314
June 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I think I remember reading that Young was offered command of the Destiny Expedition first, but turned it down. Now that he's already there, why wouldn't he be the first choice to lead over Telford?

Pharaoh Atem
June 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM
i want telford to lead the ship but young have final say in decisions.

The_Carpenter
June 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Telford can not be trusted, we don't know if the debrainwashing worked, and he may well yet still be working for Kiva!

Young on the otherhand is incompetent, he should of vented the atmosphere the moment they came through... hell I would of had the gate room vented as soon as I knew they were coming! Jack said as much.

So neither, Rush is the only one talking sense at the moment and has the ships and therefore the crews best interests at heart! So he has my vote

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Telford can not be trusted, we don't know if the debrainwashing worked, and he may well yet still be working for Kiva!

Young on the otherhand is incompetent, he should of vented the atmosphere the moment they came through... hell I would of had the gate room vented as soon as I knew they were coming! Jack said as much.

So neither, Rush is the only one talking sense at the moment and has the ships and therefore the crews best interests at heart! So he has my vote

I would hardly call the person who stranded everyone on the Destiny in the first place and inciting a munity the person who has the best interests of the crew. At this point most the leaders have their own selfish motives and reasons for doing things. Well except BAG

Utitan
June 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Young isn't incompetent. It was a call that will work out for the greater good, losing a supposed un-brainwashed Telford AND Rush would have been a huge blow to the crew. Killing Rush alone would be devastating. That's why he didn't vent, he knew it had to be taken care of the hard way. Prepared or not.

The_Carpenter
June 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I would hardly call the person who stranded everyone on the Destiny in the first place and inciting a munity the person who has the best interests of the crew. At this point most the leaders have their own selfish motives and reasons for doing things. Well except BAG

When the other choices are someone who may well still be a traitor and a incompetent fool who is responisble for their current situation, I'll go for the option that is capable of making the tough choices when the survival of the crew is at stake, namely Rush. He may not be ideal but he is the besy option they have! (and yes that is a sad state of affairs)

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
It's technically Young's ship unless General O'neall says otherwise.

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
When the other choices are someone who may well still be a traitor and a incompetent fool who is responisble for their current situation, I'll go for the option that is capable of making the tough choices when the survival of the crew is at stake, namely Rush. He may not be ideal but he is the besy option they have! (and yes that is a sad state of affairs)
But Rush is quite incomptent as well. When he treats people as nothing more as pawns. I think he is just as responsible for the current situation as Young

Rosehawk
June 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Young isn't incompetent. It was a call that will work out for the greater good, losing a supposed un-brainwashed Telford AND Rush would have been a huge blow to the crew. Killing Rush alone would be devastating. That's why he didn't vent, he knew it had to be taken care of the hard way. Prepared or not.
I'm also suspecting that Young stranding Rush on that planet earlier in the season had alot to do with his decision to not vent. If he vented it could solidify peoples thoughts that he is out to get rid of Rush which would be even more damaging to his leadership position. The people on Destiny still are not going home, they will still be stranded after all of this and they still all have to live together and Young knows that.

If it hadn't been for his uncertainy of venting with Rush in Telford's body, I think Young would have probably followed through with the plan to vent.

Starsaber
June 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Considering that Young commanded Icarus Base and Telford only commanded the planned Expedition Team, I think Young probably has seniority.

pleed
June 5th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I really believe that Telford will die in Incursion Pt 2, doing something noble of course. He's in deep with the LA so he will have to lead them to a trap which he knows he can't escape from.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I really believe that Telford will die in Incursion Pt 2, doing something noble of course. He's in deep with the LA so he will have to lead them to a trap which he knows he can't escape from.

I hope not. This is the same reason I hope Kiva and some of the LA people survive, because the typical Stargate thing to do would be for Telford and all of the LA to die or escape, essentially leaving Destiny the way it was before. One of the things I like about SGU is that things from previous episode impact what's currently going on.

the fifth man
June 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM
If Telford survives the season finale, I would hope Young would maintain command of Destiny.

Shan Bruce Lee
June 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM

BAG is hanging out with the Furlings in Obeliskville.

I'm going with Young because he's a main character and Telford is recurring.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 07:34 PM
If Telford survives the season finale, I would hope Young would maintain command of Destiny.

Me too, I think at this point Young is more fit to command given that Telford was brainwashed and working for the other side recently.

the fifth man
June 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Me too, I think at this point Young is more fit to command given that Telford was brainwashed and working for the other side recently.

And personally, I am still not trusting Telford completely yet.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM
And personally, I am still not trusting Telford completely yet.

Hmm, I hope he's totally on our side now, but you're right it is too soon to completely trust him again, though Young seems confident that he's on our side.

the fifth man
June 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hmm, I hope he's totally on our side now, but you're right it is too soon to completely trust him again, though Young seems confident that he's on our side.

I know. He could be in for a rude awakening. We shall see next week.

magictrick
June 5th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Well all the foreshadowing right now points to Telford dying doing something noble at the end of Incursion Part 2. This will be pretty cliche but that's the way I'm calling it right now. With that said, it leaves Young, and even if Telford was around, I'd still go with Young.

garhkal
June 6th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I know. He could be in for a rude awakening. We shall see next week.

I would honestly love to see it that telford knew what young was trying to do and made it look like he was successful, so he could lull them into a false sense of security.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 6th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I think General O'Neill should probably pick someone he can absolutely trust to get the job done. Young is alright but he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to make the big decisions. Telford was a former mole for the Lucian Alliance so its going to be interesting to see if telford survives Incursion, Part 2.

Zkyire
June 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
It's technically Young's ship unless General O'neall says otherwise.

It's technically the Ancient's ship and nobody on Earth has any jurisdiction over it, regardless of who the military puts in charge. ie when the Ancient woman came back to Atlantis and told everyone to get out.

Mike1989
June 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Not sure who I'd go with. If Telford hadn't been the mole, then I think he would be the better leader because he seems more willing to do whatever it takes. Then again, Young proved that at times he has that capability during the first episode. So I'm not sure, but I think if both survive the finale, then i think they will powershare because there isn't anything else they can do.

Puddle-Jumper
June 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I think Telford tbh, Young has a hard time making the tough decisions....

KEK
June 6th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Telford by default if his loyalty is proven. Young is an awful leader.

jelgate
June 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Who cares? They all report to BAG anyway

GateroomGuard
June 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Who cares? They all report to BAG anyway

Young will control Destiny on Moday-Wednesday, Telford will control from Thursday-Saturday. They'll alternate on Sunday.

pipi
June 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM
It's technically the Ancient's ship and nobody on Earth has any jurisdiction over it, regardless of who the military puts in charge. ie when the Ancient woman came back to Atlantis and told everyone to get out.

Command and conquer. All that's missing is an American flag. So currently it is Young's ship.

GateroomGuard
June 6th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Command and conquer. All that's missing is an American flag. So currently it is Young's ship.

In the event a supplies are ever sent to Destiny O'Neill will make sure a 50ft U.S.A.F. label is sent to Destiny.

Lt. Jeffer
June 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I dont know yet. The whole time was Telford brainwashed we didnt know how he really is the brainwash completely changed his mind. He could be better or worse leader.
But I have an feeling that Telford will not survived season 1 or the first episode of season 2 so it wouldnt make any difference.

KEK
June 6th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I dont know yet. The whole time was Telford brainwashed we didnt know how he really is the brainwash completely changed his mind. He could be better or worse leader.
But I have an feeling that Telford will not survived season 1 or the first episode of season 2 so it wouldnt make any difference.

He definitely will.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I had a stray random thought (yeah, I know, I have a lot of them, bear with me :D)

Young has mentioned that he doesn't exactly trust Telford. Then Young isn't having Telford switch with Rush. There's a small snippet of info from the SGC where they are trying to beam out people from the pyramid (where Rush in Telford's body) is located, but they can't. Anyway, what all of this has me wondering is this. Did Young not switch the stones in order to try to ensure that Telford's body, and therefore Telford, ended up back on Earth? Where he could be tried for what happened to the base that was attacked before the Icarus planet when Telford was undercover with the LA? Is he perhaps worried that Telford, if allowed back into the hands of the LA with his own consciousness, will say something he shouldn't? It's probably being overthought on my part but I'm prone to the odd random thought.

MattSilver 3k
June 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Pfft, we've been over this kids. It's Young's ship, and has been since the lull during the events of Faith. Young, while everybody else was thinking he was playing nice with Wray and Rush, was busy creating and putting in place a huge license plate on Destiny's rear end.

After all this LA stuff has blown over and Telford's wearing military fatigues (Spencer's, maybe), he'll make a move for Young's position. Grinning like a loon, Young leads Telford, Wray and Rush to the Kino Room and shows live footage of the license plate on the back of Destiny.

It reads: "YNG's SHP."

Telford, Wray and Rush find themselves in awe of his craziness, and cannot dispute Young's command when the Kino zooms in to the small addendum underneath "YNG's SHP".

"No take backs."

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 7th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Pfft, we've been over this kids. It's Young's ship, and has been since the lull during the events of Faith. Young, while everybody else was thinking he was playing nice with Wray and Rush, was busy creating and putting in place a huge license plate on Destiny's rear end.

After all this LA stuff has blown over and Telford's wearing military fatigues (Spencer's, maybe), he'll make a move for Young's position. Grinning like a loon, Young leads Telford, Wray and Rush to the Kino Room and shows live footage of the license plate on the back of Destiny.

Telford, Wray and Rush find themselves in awe of his craziness, and cannot dispute Young's command when the Kino zooms in to the small addendum underneath "YNG's SHP".

"No take backs."

:lol:

GateroomGuard
June 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM

"No take backs."

I'm so sorry I can not green you for this. Will you take credit?

ckwongau
June 7th, 2010, 10:27 PM
neither
Young has make too many bad command decision.
Abandon Rush and lie to the crew about it.
And letting Lucian alliance got that far,and he could end it all when if he had vent the air out of the gate room in the first place.

Telford, he may be legally not responsible of everything he did after he was brain wash.He would probably be a better perosn .
But he need a few seaon to redeem himself.

I agree ,Rush was kept as leader because there were any good alternative.

I think i like KIVA as the new leader better than Rush or Telford.

garhkal
June 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM
In the event a supplies are ever sent to Destiny O'Neill will make sure a 50ft U.S.A.F. label is sent to Destiny.

I wouldn;t be surprised.. Though where would they fly the flag from>

SamanthaJenniferChloe
May 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Hello! :cool:

I was surprised by the truth about Telford. I am glad that he is on board Destiny with the others. I think that he can help them. I mean Telford is really not a bad guy because he was brainwashed. Right.

However I want Young to stay in control of things on Destiny with Rush. Young is the calm in the storm that is Destiny and Rush.