Col. Young shouldve guarded the gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Col. Young shouldve guarded the gate

put a dozen soldiers in front of it ready to shoot. why didnt that happen? seems strategic to me. they also couldve planted C4s in the gate room as a trap or instead of having a kino just watching them, they couldve attached C4s on kino and late that ball-thing go after them.
    sigpic

For starters, they did not know what the Lucian Alliance would send through the gate first.

Comment

Telford wouldve known something, and thats what SGC did always.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, if you look at my name and location this episode was really embarassing for me.
        sigpic
        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
          Yeah, if you look at my name and location this episode was really embarassing for me.
          i dont blame you, i blame Young.
          sigpic

Comment

Venting the Atmo risks absolutely no lives and kills them all in one fell swoop. While putting guards in the gateroom means a firefight and allows the LA the potential to put a flash grenade through or a bomb and gain the upper hand. Young didn't know about the lock picks or that they'd bring Rush.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              Venting the Atmo risks absolutely no lives and kills them all in one fell swoop. While putting guards in the gateroom means a firefight and allows the LA to potential to put a flash grenade through or a bomb and gain the upper hand. Young didn't know about the lock picks.
              Yes but he based his entire defense of the Destiny on him venting the atmosphere. When he didn't he put his men in the greatest risk by forcing them to fight in even more confined spaces where grenades are more effective, against an enemy that is now ready and prepared, with his men having limited ammo.
              sigpic
              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Youngs strategy was brilliant. With everything sealed and dark in the Gateroom the LA was just as confused as the Icarus crew on their arrival.(Nice that they came in just as high and many got hurt) Young made a big mistake in not venting the athmosphere when he saw Talford. They could have revived him again after making sure LA is no threat at the moment. He was ready to let Rush/Talford sufficate in order to get rid of the Brainwashing, but wouldn't do it to get rid of the danger in one simple sweep. As like he wanted to take them on.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                  Yes but he based his entire defense of the Destiny on him venting the atmosphere. When he didn't he put his men in the greatest risk by forcing them to fight in even more confined spaces where grenades are more effective, against an enemy that is now ready and prepared, with his men having limited ammo.
                  But like I said, he didn't know they would be bringing Rush.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                    put a dozen soldiers in front of it ready to shoot. why didnt that happen? seems strategic to me. they also couldve planted C4s in the gate room as a trap or instead of having a kino just watching them, they couldve attached C4s on kino and late that ball-thing go after them.
                    A.) Ragitsu is correct, the LA could have sent through some kind of bomb or such which would kill or incapacitate who-ever was in the gate room. Anyone in the room would be instant casualties or prisoners.

B.) Young's idea was to seal the LA in the gate room, offer them the choice of surrender or gasping out their last breaths when he depressurized the room. The plan fell apart when Telford/Rush came though the gate and he hesitated to suffocate the invading forces. It would result in less damage to the ship, which is already pretty banged up.

This being said, I was surprised that the LA were so easily able to break out of the gate room. I would have taken steps to block the passages or otherwise seal the doors. A bunch of stuff stacked in the corridor would seal them easily enough. Your troops are beyond that behind better defenses.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                      This being said, I was surprised that the LA were so easily able to break out of the gate room. I would have taken steps to block the passages or otherwise seal the doors. A bunch of stuff stacked in the corridor would seal them easily enough. Your troops are beyond that behind better defenses.
                      And, is it just me, or did they cut through an interior wall with a blow torch?

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        A.) Ragitsu is correct, the LA could have sent through some kind of bomb or such which would kill or incapacitate who-ever was in the gate room. Anyone in the room would be instant casualties or prisoners.

B.) Young's idea was to seal the LA in the gate room, offer them the choice of surrender or gasping out their last breaths when he depressurized the room. The plan fell apart when Telford/Rush came though the gate and he hesitated to suffocate the invading forces. It would result in less damage to the ship, which is already pretty banged up.

so what if they sent a bomb, it wouldve been a risk he had to take. and secondly Young as i said before couldve had C4 the area to act as mines. and as you said yourself, for an attacking force that doesnt know the area so well, they sure easily beat the soldiers who lived their for months. having lasers on guns doesnt make you stronger or having a hot leader for that matter.
                        sigpic

Comment

Young didn't put valuable resources (military and ammo) in a room he intended on venting to space and killing everyone within. To do so is a waste of resources he didn't have to spare. C4 in the gateroom. What might that do to the gate itself, something the crew needs for survival? Also, now you've got Young putting soldiers he can't spare into a room he intends to vent, and then further threatening them with explosives? This makes me very glad that it's Young in charge and not DuneKnight
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

so what if they sent a bomb, it wouldve been a risk he had to take. and secondly Young as i said before couldve had C4 the area to act as mines. and as you said yourself, for an attacking force that doesnt know the area so well, they sure easily beat the soldiers who lived their for months. having lasers on guns doesnt make you stronger or having a hot leader for that matter.
                            Look at all those pretty hull fractures leaking oxygen into space.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
                              And, is it just me, or did they cut through an interior wall with a blow torch?
                              And who would have thought the LA would show up with cutting tools, a "magic" lockpick and Telford/Rush when they came through the gate?

Regardless of what they brought with them, Young should have taken measures to impede their progress via any OBVIOUS avenues. A simple means to do that would be to place heavy objects in the passage leading to the door. Takes time to move past them or around them, assuming you can get by them at all. It would make it easier to pick them off.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X