Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn`t it be time to ask somebody smart from SGC to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn`t it be time to ask somebody smart from SGC to help?

The destiny may be a mistery, but if they would get Carter and Daniel on the Ship for a few weeks, I bet they could enable way more systems then Rush and Mathboy united.

Of course they dont do that because it would speed up the whole discovery which is one of the pluspoints of this Series, but they could get someone to help for at least a bit. It kind of goes on my nerves that the Icarus Team is actually just along for the ride and helpless against the Destinies moodswings.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Don't you understand? TPTB only want minimal/limited exposure to the previous series.

Rodney and Carter could take that ship apart in days. But hey, we don't wana do that!

Klaxxon

Comment

C'mon, how many Goa'Uld, Ancient or Wraith ships did the guys from SG1 and SGA acquire only to blow them up later in the same episode? I wouldn't want those guys anywhere near Destiny...

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Well, if we're venturing into wild speculation and accusation, here's my idea:

Rodney and Carter despise everyone aboard the Destiny and refuse to help out. Of course, all of this happens off-screen so we haven't seen it...but trust me, this is the reason.

Daniel would help, but he's busy teaching a pilates class to the Furlings with Vala's help.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          The destiny may be a mistery, but if they would get Carter and Daniel on the Ship for a few weeks, I bet they could enable way more systems then Rush and Mathboy united.

Of course they dont do that because it would speed up the whole discovery which is one of the pluspoints of this Series, but they could get someone to help for at least a bit. It kind of goes on my nerves that the Icarus Team is actually just along for the ride and helpless against the Destinies moodswings.
          No.

Just as SGA stood on its own without interference from the stars of other shows, SGU has to do the same. That the writers have made a point of including others is a credit, but SGU is not SG1
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            Well, if we're venturing into wild speculation and accusation, here's my idea:

Rodney and Carter despise everyone aboard the Destiny and refuse to help out. Of course, all of this happens off-screen so we haven't seen it... but trust me, this is the reason.

Daniel would help, but he's busy teaching a pilates class to the Furlings with Vala's help.
            This. And Daniel and Vala are too busy copulating in between classes. To Daniel's delight, she often wears her leather outfits.

Meanwhile, Rodney's staunch refusal to send anyone from Atlantis is well-documented (Even giving Zelenka a hug to prevent him from using the stones, then spending a whole two days telling Radek how awesome he was.), and Carter spends her time doing "busy Commander stuff." Namely, dying her hair and painting her toenails. Jennifer Keller finds herself going on almost hourly dates with Rodney when he's not working (so he can avoid the Destiny and get brownie points from his gal Friday). Major Marks finds himself frustrated as Carter makes the Hammond do laps around the galaxy (She also deliberately sabotages the ship to avoid going to Earth and hopping on the stones.)

It's a solid theory! Now let's go on about Daniel and Vala's sexcapades!
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

If the answer to unlocking Destiny's master code was to give Carter or McKay and hour on Destiny, don;t you think they would have done that by now? Obviously yes, which leads me to believe that everything that could possibly be done is already being done by Rush.

I know Carter and McKay pulled miracles every week in SG-1 and SGA, but the tone of those shows were wildly different than the tone of SGU. The reason the master code can't be unlocked it becasue the writers don't want to to be. Even McKay and Carter can't outsmart the writers.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                If the answer to unlocking Destiny's master code was to give Carter or McKay and hour on Destiny, don;t you think they would have done that by now? Obviously yes, which leads me to believe that everything that could possibly be done is already being done by Rush.

I know Carter and McKay pulled miracles every week in SG-1 and SGA, but the tone of those shows were wildly different than the tone of SGU. The reason the master code can't be unlocked it becasue the writers don't want to to be. Even McKay and Carter can't outsmart the writers.
                Its not really about the mastercode itself, just that they are almost every episode victims of their not being able to control the simplest things on the destiny besides opening doors and venting athmosphere. Also I kind of have the feeling that the Mastercode has already been unlocked. As I wrote in another thread. The destiny is out of FTL without timer for no apparent reason. This could mean that Franklin got adapted to the ships system and the glitches they experience is the destiny trying to figure out how to handle his counciousness(dont know how to write that). After all how are they supposed start the FTL again once they won?
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Well if they could use the stones to get Ronnan and Teal'c onboard the Lucian Alliance would be defeated in a matter of minutes. But that would be too easy.
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                    Well if they could use the stones to get Ronnan and Teal'c onboard the Lucian Alliance would be defeated in a matter of minutes. But that would be too easy.
                    Yeah, but it would be lots of fun. Cant wait for a Genderchange experience. Just Imagine having Rush trade bodies with Carter. I am already laughing when thinking of a completly disturbed Rush, trying to figure out how to go on the Toilet. Thats stuff for a real fun comedy Episode.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I think the SGC has faith in Rush to be the chief scientiest. They probably do have a team back on Earth to help in a supporting role, like doing analysis and theories. Like the theory of dialing Earth while the ship was recharging came from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                        Don't you understand? TPTB only want minimal/limited exposure to the previous series.

Rodney and Carter could take that ship apart in days. But hey, we don't wana do that!

Klaxxon
                        exaclty carter & mckay was the easy way out.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Defeats the purpose of letting the show stand on its own two feet if you have the conveniences of the communication stones and the big guest stars out of their elements. Thought they were supposed to be stranded in space anyways.

Comment

i still say let mckay come onboard and just as he's about to find something important (insert reason ) the commucation stones crap out.

then take the next 4-6 eps having rush and eli finish the work thus letting the destiny crew make the discovery. that way it still had to done the hard way.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't know about how the real smarties would be super helpful now, but I think asking a few civilians on Destiny to swap with trained soldiers would help with the manpower issue.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X