PDA

View Full Version : Kiva vs TJ

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I know Kiva is a cold hearted no nonsense commander, but to pick a pregnant lady as the first hostage to execute is a little low even by evil standards.

If not for Telford's intervention, I wonder if any of the other hostages would have volunteered in her stead? Any heroes? What if Scott or Young were hostages too, do you think they would have given up their lives for TJ? (This is only a question of value of life, not what will actually happen).

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Kiva's the womp! Badest biatch on the boat! :D

Commander Zelix
June 5th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I know Kiva is a cold hearted no nonsense commander, but to pick a pregnant lady as the first hostage to execute is a little low even by evil standards.

Probably another pro-abortion zealots. ;) :)

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Threatening to use TJ as an example is a means of ramping up the emotional blackmail on Young in the hostage situation.

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Threatening to use TJ as an example is a means of ramping up the emotional blackmail on Young in the hostage situation.

You're suggesting Kiva has got intel that TJ has Young's kid (probably from Telford). But if Kiva was using that as leverage then she wouldn't have caved with the medic excuse Telford thought of.

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Nope, just saying that threatening to shoot a pregnant crew member elicits a greater emotional response than simply threatening to shoot a random crew member who isnt up the duff. Kiva's already told Rush she has detailed info on the crew of Destiny, I wouldnt be surprised if she knew about Young and TJ?

Commander Zelix
June 5th, 2010, 06:05 AM
I don't remember Kiva ever mentioning to Young she took TJ as one of the first 3 sacrificed human hostages. I could be wrong about that, but I just don't remember it.

As I said in the other thread, if TJ dies, she would loose her main bargaining chip with Young. How may says to himself (consciously or not), from her point of view: "Frak it, let's vent the place, since the person I cared more about his dead."

Stormtrooper
June 5th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Kiva should have shot two or three red shirts right then and there. As it is, her status as badass villain is very much in doubt.

Kolya/Genii invading Atlantis > Kiva/Lucians invading Destiny

Wayston
June 5th, 2010, 06:14 AM
kiva knows young and the tauri in general are softies when it comes down to it, so she picked a person for the execution who would put their message best across

after all she executed one of her own crew for alleged incompetence without even considering to verify whether rush was telling the truth or not

Commander Zelix
June 5th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Kiva should have shot two or three red shirts right then and there. As it is, her status as badass villain is very much in doubt.

She was going to kill a pregnant woman before somebody stopped her. Isn't that enough? What do you want her to do, kill children then eat their brains to gain their power?

escyos
June 5th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Kiva and TJ......mmmmm

Makenshi
June 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Kiva and TJ......mmmmm

Never going to happen

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Never going to happen

Now Kiva and Wray is another story:P

garhkal
June 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I actually was wondering if she WOULD have pulled the trigger.. or whether young would have caved.

escyos
June 5th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Never going to happen

not with that attitude...

TBA
June 5th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Title of the thread summons good fantasies :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 10:56 AM

If not for Telford's intervention, I wonder if any of the other hostages would have volunteered in her stead? Any heroes? What if Scott or Young were hostages too, do you think they would have given up their lives for TJ? (This is only a question of value of life, not what will actually happen).

sure, it's cold, no doubt there
But to look at it the way Kiva might see it, threatening a pregnant woman may make those on the other side more likely to comply. Telford is right though, If Kiva did hurt or kill TJ, it would be gloves off, no matter how many people Young had to kill to do it. As long as TJ (and the others) are alive, then Kiva stands a chance of surviving, although I wouldn't want to bet money on it

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Now Kiva and Wray is another story:P

puke puke puke.

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM
puke puke puke.

110% agree. Kill off Wray, keep Kiva please SGU!!!

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Why not kill them both, they are both ugly and give James more boob time, I mean screen time. :)

Pharaoh Atem
June 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
You're suggesting Kiva has got intel that TJ has Young's kid (probably from Telford).

you get the gold star

Pharaoh Atem
June 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM

have wray will kiva and then wray die from injuries

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Haha @ boob time! James' ample bust really should be utilised more by the writers, my other half's eyes popped out of his head when he watched the scene where Riley and Eli and perving on James with the Kino!

Both Rhona Mitra and Ming Na are top actresses but the show needs one big name female lead and Rhona Mitra should be it, the Kiva character appears much more interesting to me personaly than the Wray character who I find the most annoying on the entire show. Kiva could be the token non Tau'ri human traditionaly part of the SG team, a la SG-1 and SGA.

hedwig
June 5th, 2010, 05:44 PM

Personally, I do think somebody would have stepped up and volunteered to take TJ's place, but then Kiva would have killed TJ anyway.

I actually was wondering if she WOULD have pulled the trigger.. or whether young would have caved.

I think she would have.

Both Rhona Mitra and Ming Na are top actresses but the show needs one big name female lead and Rhona Mitra should be it, the Kiva character appears much more interesting to me personaly than the Wray character who I find the most annoying on the entire show. Kiva could be the token non Tau'ri human traditionaly part of the SG team, a la SG-1 and SGA.

Rhona Mitra is not being shown as a guest star beyond the previous two episodes she's been in and the one next week. She was only scheduled to be in three episodes.

Plus, even if she continued to appear on the show, I totally don't believe Kiva would accept what would amount to a subordinate role on the Destiny.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Personally, I do think somebody would have stepped up and volunteered to take TJ's place, but then Kiva would have killed TJ anyway.

I think she would have.

Rhona Mitra is not being shown as a guest start beyond the previous two episodes she's been in and the one next week. She was only scheduled to be in three episodes.

Plus, even if she continued to appear on the show, I totally don't believe Kiva would accept what would amount to a subordinate role on the Destiny.

if anyone had stood up to take TJ's place, it would only emphasize how important TJ was and make it less likely that she'll get out of it

and yes, to the spoilers

hedwig
June 7th, 2010, 08:45 AM
if anyone had stood up to take TJ's place, it would only emphasize how important TJ was and make it less likely that she'll get out of it

and yes, to the spoilers

Actually, I was thinking somebody might have volunteered to take TJ's place because she was pregnant, not because of how important she was by being a medic. Not sure how quickly anyone would volunteer to take her place if she wasn't pregnant. :)

pipi
June 8th, 2010, 02:13 AM
There'll definitely be a greater effect if a woman was shot and died than a guy. It's not really sexist, just reality. Like that SG lady doctor, Janice or something? Shot in the field. There's not many dramatic death scenes in SG-1.

Giantevilhead
June 8th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Kiva's an arrogant idiot. She's just throwing away useful resources. How many people in the galaxy are experts on Ancient technology? She just casually killed who was probably one of the few LA scientists with expertise in Ancient technology. She did nothing to assess the value of her hostages. She was planning to kill people who have useful knowledge and skills that could help her learn about Destiny. She's much worse than the Goa'uld, at least Goa'ulds have hundreds of years of experience and vast scientific knowledge so they can afford to be somewhat arrogant. Kiva's just a petty criminal.

pipi
June 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I don't think she has any friends. She's going to die a lonely death.

hedwig
June 8th, 2010, 02:27 PM
There'll definitely be a greater effect if a woman was shot and died than a guy. It's not really sexist, just reality. Like that SG lady doctor, Janice or something? Shot in the field. There's not many dramatic death scenes in SG-1.

Janet Frasier.

Kiva's an arrogant idiot. She's just throwing away useful resources. How many people in the galaxy are experts on Ancient technology? She just casually killed who was probably one of the few LA scientists with expertise in Ancient technology. She did nothing to assess the value of her hostages. She was planning to kill people who have useful knowledge and skills that could help her learn about Destiny. She's much worse than the Goa'uld, at least Goa'ulds have hundreds of years of experience and vast scientific knowledge so they can afford to be somewhat arrogant. Kiva's just a petty criminal.

I agree. :)

I don't think she has any friends. She's going to die a lonely death.

She's only scheduled to be in three episodes, and next week is the 3rd, so one way or another she's not going to be around much longer.

SG7
June 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Janet Frasier.

I agree. :)

She's only scheduled to be in three episodes, and next week is the 3rd, so one way or another she's not going to be around much longer.

By next week you mean in the fall right? The third part airs as the season premiere in the fall.

natyanayaki
June 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM
By next week you mean in the fall right? The third part airs as the season premiere in the fall.

I'm pretty sure by third she meant 3rd episode, since she was scheduled for three episodes, and has already been in two.

I think Kiva would have shot TJ, I don't doubt that for a second. But I figure if she knew that TJ's baby is also Young's baby, that she would keep TJ alive and as a bargaining pawn.

Cory Holmes
June 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I think Kiva would have shot TJ, I don't doubt that for a second. But I figure if she knew that TJ's baby is also Young's baby, that she would keep TJ alive and as a bargaining pawn.
Yes to this. The fact that she hasn't done anything in regards to TJ's importance to Young tells me that she doesn't really know about their affair or what it spawned (*snerk*), which tells me that Telford doesn't know and that his fatherhood isn't common knowledge.

hedwig
June 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM

See reply below. :D

I'm pretty sure by third she meant 3rd episode, since she was scheduled for three episodes, and has already been in two.

Yes. That's what I meant. She's been in two episodes, and will be in next week's. So that's three. :D

And I agree with the 2d part of natyanayaki's post. :)

natyanayaki
June 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yes to this. The fact that she hasn't done anything in regards to TJ's importance to Young tells me that she doesn't really know about their affair or what it spawned (*snerk*), which tells me that Telford doesn't know and that his fatherhood isn't common knowledge.

Right. Scott even mentioned that he was only able to figure out that Young's the father because of the glances he's observed between Young and TJ, and I don't know that most people would notice those glances. Scott IMO seems to be extremely close to TJ (just as friends), IMO they have a connection in that as officers they seem to have similar ways of thinking, similar levels of compassion, and Scott is also close to Young because he's Young's 2nd in command. Based on previous episodes, Telford did seem to know about Young and TJ's affair (though I'm pretty surprised that brainwashed Telford never used that against Young), but I don't believe there was any indication that Telford had any knowledge of TJ's pregnancy before he was brought on the ship, though he probably now has an inkling as to who the father is. In fact, I'd think the fact that Telford hasn't informed Kiva of this possibility (onscreen at least) in "Incursion Pt. 1" strongly indicates who his loyalties now lie with.

Replicator Todd
June 8th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I love Kiva, I love TJ. TJ is a good well good guy(girl) and Kiva is a good....evil mastermind of awesomeness.