Zat guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat guns?

Ok, the Goa'uld are gone, the galaxy is littered with their technology, the Zat guns were the most ubiquitous weapon out there...but where were they? Yea yea, SGU != SG1, separate shows, etc., but I was hoping to see some blue lightning shooting down corridors tonight. Yea, maybe the Icarus personnel couldn't be equipped with them because SGC didn't get enough for every Tom, Dick and Matt to have one, but the Lucians...?
    (before you judge too harshly, look at my username)
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

what's a zat gun?? is that from the cartoon show?? infinity i think it was ?
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      what's a zat gun?? is that from the cartoon show?? infinity i think it was ?
      I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
        Ok, the Goa'uld are gone, the galaxy is littered with their technology, the Zat guns were the most ubiquitous weapon out there...but where were they? Yea yea, SGU != SG1, separate shows, etc., but I was hoping to see some blue lightning shooting down corridors tonight. Yea, maybe the Icarus personnel couldn't be equipped with them because SGC didn't get enough for every Tom, Dick and Matt to have one, but the Lucians...?
        (before you judge too harshly, look at my username)
        I was wondering that too , maybe they all ran out of power and no one can figure out how to recharge them lol or maybe they didnt want to waste time stunning people first before killing them, but they did take hostages, or maybe they have them but havent used them yet. so i dunno.
        sigpic

Comment

The same reason they didn't bring any zat guns over to Atlantis, or try to use a Zat on a Wraith to see if it works on them.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
            The same reason they didn't bring any zat guns over to Atlantis, or try to use a Zat on a Wraith to see if it works on them.
            there was zats in sga
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
              i can understand the earth people not having them , but the lucian alliance has a bunch of goauld tech, most of what weve seen of there tech has been goauld.
              sigpic

Comment

They didn't use them because, more than likely, they don't have any more zat props. They've been auctioning Stargate props off like crazy because of MGM's financial troubles. They probably just don't have them any more.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

there was zats in sga
                  yep in return pt 1
                  sigpic

Comment

They did Zat a Wraith in Midway. Dropped them like a bad habit. I think the reason they didn't bring them is the same reason the SGC tends not to use them: They aren't terribly accurate to fire. You need to hit a target twice to kill them. They aren't effective over long distances.

Automatic projectile weapons on the other hand are highly accurate, work in both short and long ranges and pretty much are guaranteed to drop your target when you hit them.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

They'd have been a useful addition. Their effective seemed to translate through certain materials, so they could provide a nice method of taking someone out who is behind some cover, simply be Zatting the cover itself. Additionally, when they want to disarm/disable someone without inflicting serious injury, a Zat was the best way to go about it. You could neutralize the target, and have there be no lasting affect.

It even worked to reverse certain brainwashing methods.

Comment

Only that Nishta stuff. The hardcore brainwashing is harder to undo.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                          They did Zat a Wraith in Midway. Dropped them like a bad habit. I think the reason they didn't bring them is the same reason the SGC tends not to use them: They aren't terribly accurate to fire. You need to hit a target twice to kill them. They aren't effective over long distances.

Automatic projectile weapons on the other hand are highly accurate, work in both short and long ranges and pretty much are guaranteed to drop your target when you hit them.
                          True i forgot about midway, theve never used them outside the sgc on atlantis though, at least that i can think of right now. and i agree about not needing to stun first kill later and accuracy probs.
                          sigpic

Comment

there was zats in sga
                            They never brought over zat guns on SGA. Zats were shown when they went back to Earth, but they never thought to bring it to Atlantis, even though there was a limited amount of ammo, while Zats don't really need to have replacement ammo. They instead used Wraith stunners.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post

That's the thing, they didn't even bring it on Atlantis when they first arrived. You would think that they'd try it. And it worked on Midway. Which meant that instead of firing their guns several times to bring down a regenerating Wraith, they could have used a zat.

Comment

Working...
                              X