PDA

View Full Version : Is Kiva this show's Admiral Cain?

timmciglobal
June 4th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I can't help but see similarities between Admiral Cain and Keva... is this a "well it worked in BSGU..."?

I can't help but assume the crews will be merged now (unless they just say they kill all of them) but is that the goal? Keva can be the civilian to make the "military general" look rational and a better leader? To let plots be explored that answer the "doing things that need to be done" without having to hurt any of the main cast's morals?

Tim

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
she does strike me as a lesbian

GateroomGuard
June 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I doubt a big star like Rohna Mirta will stay on SGU. Were lucky Robert Carlye is staying. Kiva will be dead by the end of Part II or the end of Part III.

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I doubt a big star like Rohna Mirta will stay on SGU. Were lucky Robert Carlye is staying.

why wouldn't he?

GateroomGuard
June 4th, 2010, 10:06 PM
A tv show is a big commitment, I figured he'd want to get back to movies. I'm happy he's staying it just suprises me.

General Jumper One
June 4th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm would like it if Kiva became a cast member, after 15 years, they need to have a villain as a main cast member.

jelgate
June 4th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm would like it if Kiva became a cast member, after 15 years, they need to have a villain as a main cast member.

Ever hear too much of a good thing? I don't like the idea. The awesomeness of a villain would quickly diminish.

BadOnion
June 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Big star? Never even heard of her.

meo3000
June 4th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Rhona Mitra already have a new show starting soon called "The Gates". If the pilot goes well then shes definitely gone, but if it sinks, maybe shell make a comeback on SGU.

And its not a spoiler, its research and common sense.

EDIT: i wouldnt say no to a long lost Baal clone making an appearance, lol.

g.o.d
June 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM

I'm sure many LA members will stay on Destiny

spinny magee
June 5th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Rhona really isn't a big star, silver screen is meh.

However that time we had Michael Ironside on sg1 was probably the biggest star we ever had, pretty sure there was 1 or 2 others though.

I see Varro and maybe 1-5 others staying on the destiny.

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I change my mind about Kiva staying for the long term. She's not hot enough, please get rid of her! :)

darkthunder84
June 5th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Rhona really isn't a big star, silver screen is meh.

However that time we had Michael Ironside on sg1 was probably the biggest star we ever had, pretty sure there was 1 or 2 others though.

We've actually had 2 bigger stars on SG1, real ones even :P

Michael E Ryan (Air Force Chief of Staff, seen in SG1's 'Prodigy')
John P Jumper (Air Force Chief of Staff, seen in SG1's 'Lost City Pt 2')

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Rhona Mitra in a regular role on the series, but I have doubts her character will make it past the 2nd or 3rd Incursion episode arc.

yet
June 5th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Telford = Tuvok, Tuvok is undercover on that ship posing as one of the Maquis :D

garhkal
June 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM

When was Ironside in SG1>??

MattSilver 3k
June 5th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I sure hope so if it's revealed she's a lesbian too!

(Though in seriousness, she's not really Admiral Cain, I'd wager. For one, I doubt Kiva's going to take command and shuffle people around before being offed by her cylon lover. I'd wager.)

When was Ironside in SG1>??

Crusade, episode 19 of season 9. And John Noble (Hey Fringe fans!) was in Camelot, the finale. :D

Ed
June 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
i can see kiva getting killed and someone more pragmatic like varro taking command and negotiating some sort of truce .

thekillman
June 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM
i haven't seen that much BSG. but i doubt kiva is Caine.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I don't watch BSG so I have no idea about Caine, but I could see her becoming a cooler, evil version of STV's Chakotay. Maybe not officially the first officer, but at least could worm her way into Young's little brain trust of Rush, Wray, and if he survives Telford.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Ever hear too much of a good thing? I don't like the idea. The awesomeness of a villain would quickly diminish.

She makes a great villain but it could get stale fast if she was in every episode. She's too "much", if that makes any sense

s09119
June 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
She makes a great villain but it could get stale fast if she was in every episode. She's too "much", if that makes any sense

I get that completely. I don't know how to describe it, but if she was there every episode, it would diminish the awesomeness of her character.

blueintegraboy
June 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I don't think Kiva can be Cain. Cain and Adama were on the same side, but with different views. Kiva and Young are on different sides with the same views (or so she claims).

hedwig
June 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I doubt a big star like Rohna Mirta will stay on SGU. Were lucky Robert Carlye is staying. Kiva will be dead by the end of Part II or the end of Part III.

She was only signed for three episodes as a guest star.

GateroomGuard
June 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
She was only signed for three episodes as a guest star.

Yeah I was pretty sure she was only signed on for a few episodes.

RJLCyberPunk
June 5th, 2010, 09:06 PM

She does? Well there goes the Kiva/Kolia shipping some where dreaming off. :D

Seriously though were do you get the idea?

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM

But look on the bright side. Someone can shut up Wray

Stranded
June 6th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I don't watch BSG so I have no idea about Caine, but I could see her becoming a cooler, evil version of STV's Chakotay. Maybe not officially the first officer, but at least could worm her way into Young's little brain trust of Rush, Wray, and if he survives Telford.

Not too long ago, @LouDPhillips (http://twitter.com/loudphillips) tweeted about how he's "not dead yet" - when they were already well on the way with filming season 2. He'll survive this, and at least the first half of next season.

--
Found it: http://twitter.com/LouDPhillips/status/13468649389

Still, must say I miss & adore the #SGU (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23SGU) cast & crew. Managed some gr8t times recently. Don't worry, Telford's not dead...as far as I know! -- 9:17 PM May 5th via web

hedwig
June 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM

I'm curious to know the answer to that as well. Being deadly serious does not make a woman a lesbian. So far, that's all we've seen of her character - being deadly serious, showing very little emotion (except anger). Although to be fair, none of the Lucian Alliance seem to have a sense of humor; I'm not sure we've ever even seen one of them smile.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 6th, 2010, 08:51 AM

wishful thinking?

Seriously though, I don;t know where some people get their ideas about women from. Being serious or tough doesn't make you a lesbian.

magictrick
June 6th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Admiral Cain seems more badass. And every time I see Rhona Mitra I expect her to turn into a vampire at any moment.

hedwig
June 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Admiral Cain seems more badass. And every time I see Rhona Mitra I expect her to turn into a vampire at any moment.

Watch her new series this fall. :D

kwlafayette
June 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I would say, Kiva is kind of an idiot. Once you kill the first hostage, the logical assumption is that eventually, you will get around to killing them all. So, after that first execution, everyone knows that negotiations are not going anywhere.

I know that writers think they are being all real world and gritty when they kill some hostages, but really, that first hostage dying is the end of negotiations. After that, there is no reason not to breach, there is no reason not to use the snipers. There is literally nothing holding you back after that, because worst case, all the hostages die, but that was going to happen anyway. You are now in a situation where no matter what you do, you literally cannot make it worse, only better or the same.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 6th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I would say, Kiva is kind of an idiot. Once you kill the first hostage, the logical assumption is that eventually, you will get around to killing them all. So, after that first execution, everyone knows that negotiations are not going anywhere.

I know that writers think they are being all real world and gritty when they kill some hostages, but really, that first hostage dying is the end of negotiations. After that, there is no reason not to breach, there is no reason not to use the snipers. There is literally nothing holding you back after that, because worst case, all the hostages die, but that was going to happen anyway. You are now in a situation where no matter what you do, you literally cannot make it worse, only better or the same.

and yet real life negotiators have managed to rescue some hostages even after some have been killed. They don't give up and go home just because a hostage gets shot. Can't make it worse? That's a lack of imagination :)

KEK
June 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM

I'd be interested to know where you're getting these ideas from. There's seems to be a giant gap in logic between killing one hostage, and the assumption that you're going to kill them all. If you were going to kill them all then you would do, obviously if you only kill one then you're doing it to show how serious you are. I'm fairly certain that negotiations would continue, unless storming the place had a realistic chance of working., ie Iranian embassy.

kwlafayette
June 10th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Still don't know why Kiva hasn't killed Telford yet. It appears they want to set her up as some sort of sociopath that enjoys bloodletting, she wanted to off 3 hostages just to show people she was serious. She killed that scientist for no reason, just to show Rush she was serious. She has to know Telford cracked and gave up everything, so why hasn't she killed Telford yet?

The situation will probably be resolved by her executing all of her own people, and all the hostages. Then Young will know she is so super serious, and will surrender. She is definitely going to kill at least one person next episode, otherwise, how will anybody know that she is serious? This is the other side of the universe after all; she will have to kill at least 3 hostages, 6 of her own men, and 22 blue aliens to begin to be taken seriously.

jelgate
June 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Still don't know why Kiva hasn't killed Telford yet. It appears they want to set her up as some sort of sociopath that enjoys bloodletting, she wanted to off 3 hostages just to show people she was serious. She killed that scientist for no reason, just to show Rush she was serious. She has to know Telford cracked and gave up everything, so why hasn't she killed Telford yet?

The situation will probably be resolved by her executing all of her own people, and all the hostages. Then Young will know she is so super serious, and will surrender. She is definitely going to kill at least one person next episode, otherwise, how will anybody know that she is serious? This is the other side of the universe after all; she will have to kill at least 3 hostages, 6 of her own men, and 22 blue aliens to begin to be taken seriously.He knows more about Destiny then the rest of the Alliance

Gollumpus
June 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I can't help but see similarities between Admiral Cain and Keva... is this a "well it worked in BSGU..."?

I can't help but assume the crews will be merged now (unless they just say they kill all of them) but is that the goal? Keva can be the civilian to make the "military general" look rational and a better leader? To let plots be explored that answer the "doing things that need to be done" without having to hurt any of the main cast's morals?

Tim

Kiva will be SGU's "Cain" in that she will be killed off, likely by someone who is connected to her.

regards,
G.

kwlafayette
June 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
He knows more about Destiny then the rest of the Alliance

The Alliance had the magic door locks, they know a lot Telford doesn't. It seems to me, with the the LA on the ship, Telford's usefulness should be at or near an end.

jelgate
June 10th, 2010, 05:46 PM
The Alliance had the magic door locks, they know a lot Telford doesn't. It seems to me, with the the LA on the ship, Telford's usefulness should be at or near an end.

And yet they needed Telford to get a route through the ship.

fmbchris
June 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
i think kiva will most likely die in the future... or she should be used for breeding re-stock.

Replicator Todd
June 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Admiral Cain? Refresh my memory, was she the crazy BSG chick(haha...chick :p) on the Pegasus? I really do hope Kiva sticks around for a while....like 10 more episodes?

Pharaoh Atem
June 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM
if kiva makes plans to kill young then yes

garhkal
June 12th, 2010, 04:21 AM
That she was Replicator todd.. Crazy as a bat, and murderous as a gou'ald.

Rudy Pena
June 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
i think kiva will most likely die in the future... or she should be used for breeding re-stock.

Oh how I would love to be stuck on the ship.............. :D