PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with Destiny

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
What do you all think is going on with Destiny? The power failed and neither team knew what caused it. Is this possibly related to why we haven't jumped back into FTL and/or what killed the LA guy?

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM
BAG is returning

Loheat
June 4th, 2010, 07:52 PM
The space ticks are back theyre just hallucinating

jelgate
June 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM
People keep on blowing holes in here and now Destiny has had enough. People must pay

lvalen18
June 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Anybody find it suspicious that the Shield just happens to malfunction when the LA guy is messing with the door and lets in enough Radiation (i think) to burn him to death?

Then eli is way to far in the ship... anybody think hes close to something important?????

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm thinking there is some kind of outside force that is causing power problems and enough of it got through the weakened shield to kill that LA guy.

HaMm3r
June 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
BAG is returning

You beat me to it!

randomking
June 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
maby its because they decided to just chop a leg off and run with it...

_Famrir_
June 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM
heres what i think:

when i saw the man being disintegrated, i immediately thought that he was burned by a neutron/binary star for those types of stars emit high levels of gamma(?) radiation which could possibly affect the ship in one way or another.

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
You beat me to it!

his awesomeness is blinding destiny's system

GateroomGuard
June 4th, 2010, 08:23 PM
The amount of drama onboard is finally overloading Destiny's drama capcacitors. The Ancients were dull and boring people their ships weren't meant to contain drama of this magnitude.

RJLCyberPunk
June 4th, 2010, 08:31 PM
OK I give up what is BAG? I was going to say Blue Aliens but BAG has picked my curiosity.:mckay:

HaMm3r
June 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM
OK I give up what is BAG? I was going to say Blue Aliens but BAG has picked my curiosity.:mckay:

What?!! Blasphemy!

Learn grasshopper, learn...
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/74262-SAVE-BALDING-ASIAN-GUY-*Faith-Spoilers*

Save Chloe
June 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
The smurfs did it. They're gating aboard the Destiny shortly after the Vulcans..... Every advanced race from our part of the Universe will soon be aboard the Destiny.

ns2
June 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
BAG has ascended and is meddling (which is against the rules) the others will be mad and force him to descend back into Destiny

GateroomGuard
June 4th, 2010, 08:55 PM
BAG has ascended and is meddling (which is against the rules) the others will be mad and force him to descend back into Destiny

BAG's powers have surppased the others, no force in the universe can stop him now.

NormaN
June 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I am thinking Franklin had something to do with it.

wingsabre
June 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
when i saw the man being disintegrated, i immediately thought that he was burned by a neutron star for those types of stars emit high levels of gamma(?) radiation which could possibly affect the ship in one way or another.

Someone read spoilers....

It's actually a binary star that's doing it, not neutron star

desertrat1979
June 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Think it may be the dude that disapeared in the chair.

garhkal
June 5th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I am thinking that when the gated in cause there was (or so it seemed) more power coming through this time that some made it through and kicked off the destinies circuit breakers... or there was a computer virus that came through!

_Famrir_
June 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Someone read spoilers....

It's actually a binary star that's doing it, not neutron star

wow i was right?

i just assumed since it was that since there was blue light and it caused the guy to burst into flames along with the light rotating.

ill put my op in quotes then i didn't actually think i was on the right track xD

thekillman
June 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
it can't be a star since there wasn't a star when the guys looked out through the forcefield, while the LA guy was directly in the "light".

also, you need to be pretty seriously close to a star to vapourise within 30 seconds. i'm thinking they just entered a serious Gamma Ray Burst

tomstone
June 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I kind of think its Franklin messing with the systems. How Destiny behaved in this Episode is pretty strange. Interresting is that Destiny didnt go back into FTL after recieving the new visitors. Its holding back and is waiting for something by itself.

Just to go ahead, once they defeated the Lucian Alliance. How are they supposed to keep travelling without being able to tell the Destiny that its good to go again? There is no timer, and no other reason that Destiny jumped out of FTL then the visitors.

GateMan2000
June 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Destiny has a uber AI that no one knows about yet.

Sevrid
June 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
The amount of drama onboard is finally overloading Destiny's drama capcacitors. The Ancients were dull and boring people their ships weren't meant to contain drama of this magnitude.

seriously im starting to feel like im watching All My Children, but on a spaceship

KlaxxonBlue
June 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
1. Franklin is in the ships systems now - Ghost in the Machine Style

2. Eli is near Destiny's Bridge or some other plot device!

Klaxxon

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 08:57 AM
What do you all think is going on with Destiny? The power failed and neither team knew what caused it. Is this possibly related to why we haven't jumped back into FTL and/or what killed the LA guy?

I think the Destiny and or Franklin is making an appearance, fighting back. We've heard about the ship's defensive capabilities, and I think we just might be seeing it start

Morganrone93
June 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Incursion Part 2:

Eli and Chloe by accident finds a vent, the vents lead to the command bridge, and there Franklin is partying with a group of Ancient dudes, and, they have booze!

erotavlas
June 5th, 2010, 11:54 AM
There was something else that happened at the same time of the malfunctions. They cut a hole in the wall. Maybe the materials the ship is made of are more than structural. Like they have some power running through them and circuitry. Perhaps the whole structure of Destiny is made in the same manner as the gates which would explain how it can absorb and store so much energy from the stars it passes through.

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
The connection to Destiny caused the ship to drop out of FTL but Rush noted that the next jump counter wasn't moving. So the ship must have landed in some sort of radiation field, enough radiation to disrupt the ship's navigational computer and fry someone through the weaken shield.

ONeill4tW
June 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM
The overload and malfunctions can most likely be attributed to the Icarus II planet blowing up and sending a power surge through the stargate. Remember that they were having power problems as the gate was active and deactivated. The "Unknown" that fried the Lucian probably finally overloaded an already overloaded system and now the ship is adrift.

RJLCyberPunk
June 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Meh I still vote that the Blue Aliens could very well be behind this.

kwlafayette
June 5th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I am thinking Franklin had something to do with it.

Yeah, I think it is pretty obvious that it is Franklin.

kwlafayette
June 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM
There was something else that happened at the same time of the malfunctions. They cut a hole in the wall. Maybe the materials the ship is made of are more than structural. Like they have some power running through them and circuitry. Perhaps the whole structure of Destiny is made in the same manner as the gates which would explain how it can absorb and store so much energy from the stars it passes through.

That is an interesting theory. It would maybe even mean that the shields are not even used during refueling...

Pharaoh Atem
June 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I am thinking that when the gated in cause there was (or so it seemed) more power coming through this time that some made it through and kicked off the destinies circuit breakers... or there was a computer virus that came through!

yes

no

no

kwlafayette
June 5th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I do not think it was the shield letting anything in, they would not have been that close to a star, it was just some random point along their course. I think it was actually the shield generating that destructive energy beam that vaporized that poor bad guy.

Lt. Jeffer
June 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
when they cut the hole in the wall it hurts destiny and then it decided to take revenge to the LA

kobrakai_1986
June 5th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I was going to say that my money was on Destiny thinking that there were now too many life forms on on board to be sustained, so it's weeding out threats so that people can survive. However, thinking about it that's kind of ridiculous considering how many people were on board at the start of the season.

The Franklin idea seems like the best one I've read so far. Or BAG.

_Famrir_
June 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
how could franklin have anything to do with it? its clear that the blue light came from outside of the ship which franklin (if he is still alive) couldn't have any control of im still betting on

a neutron star since they do emit radiation that is blue along with the fact that those stars are extremely dense so the gravity could be messing up destiny's FTL like we saw in faith i believe.

tomstone
June 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM
how could franklin have anything to do with it? its clear that the blue light came from outside of the ship which franklin (if he is still alive) couldn't have any control of im still betting on

a neutron star since they do emit radiation that is blue along with the fact that those stars are extremely dense so the gravity could be messing up destiny's FTL like we saw in faith i believe.

I like the star theory, though Destiny has its path thought through. It wouldnt take the chance to fly through a potentially dangerous Starformation or whatever.

kwlafayette
June 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hey, maybe Destiny has simply arrived at its destination?

GateroomGuard
June 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Hey, maybe Destiny has simply arrived at its destination?

Talk about a let down.

desertrat1979
June 7th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Still leaning towards Franklin being responsible. It was too specific when the shield let just enough energy in to take out the bad guy. Too many factors are present to exclude that an intelligent intervention is taken place.

There could also be a chance the smurfs are involves, but they would not pick a side. The observe a conflict aboard the Destiny involving the same species, wait till there is a victor, then attack whats left, cause all they want is Destiny.

ArchaeoNerd
June 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Avenger 3.0?????

ArchaeoNerd

Spimman
June 7th, 2010, 12:08 PM
If it is some kind of star or cosmic radiation, I wonder what that says about the new galaxy we just entered as a whole? Maybe nothing but it could indicate a pattern.

garhkal
June 8th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Still leaning towards Franklin being responsible. It was too specific when the shield let just enough energy in to take out the bad guy. Too many factors are present to exclude that an intelligent intervention is taken place.

There could also be a chance the smurfs are involves, but they would not pick a side. The observe a conflict aboard the Destiny involving the same species, wait till there is a victor, then attack whats left, cause all they want is Destiny.

I disagree. When they looked up, we saw that there were small(ish) holes in the ceiling and he was at the time the only one "illuminated" by light coming in. So it would stand to reason that when the shields fluctuated and let in XYZ radiation, he, being the oly one "lit up" would also be the only one hit by the effects.

YutheGreat
June 8th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I think power failure. The area where that guy got incinerated is poorly shielded. I think the ship is passing through some sort of radiation field. Like that paradise planet. Destiny will pass through it in normal space and jump again after.

Pizerer
June 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM

Lol...this.

J_schinderlin56
June 8th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Člověče, to vás chytit hra včera v noci! Bylo to úplně na háku. Pevné pitching, decicive vyhrát. Dokonce i děsivý homerun. Ach, počkejte, sorry špatně forum.

Možná Destiny zažÃ*vá moc tok z nedaleké stelar události, což způsobilo dočasné výpadku proudu. Nebo by to mohlo být jen BAG.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM
always love getting to monkey around with google translate :)

J_schinderlin56
June 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
always love getting to monkey around with google translate :)

After running what I wrote above through 20 different translations here's what I got:

People to play at night! The bean gives a solid, successful hammer desisive and Spaces, I regret to wait for a table.

River with the energy industry.

Not even close to what I wrote.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
After running what I wrote above through 20 different translations here's what I got:

People to play at night! The bean gives a solid, successful hammer desisive and Spaces, I regret to wait for a table.

River with the energy industry.

Not even close to what I wrote.

Czech to English translationShow romanization
Man, that you catch the game last night! It was totally on the hook. Solid pitching, decicive win. Even awesome homerun. Oh, wait, sorry wrong forum.

Maybe Destiny experiencing power flow from the nearby stelar events, causing a temporary blackout. Or it could be a BAG.

I often call google translate the giggle translator because some of the stuff it does is just nuts

RJLCyberPunk
June 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Why can't the blue Aliens be involved in this?

Just curious as to why no one even mentions them. I mean we know they had been tracking the Destiny for a long, long time and given that fact I doubt they just gave up and left.

HaMm3r
June 8th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Why can't the blue Aliens be involved in this?

Just curious as to why no one even mentions them. I mean we know they had been tracking the Destiny for a long, long time and given that fact I doubt they just gave up and left.
Did you even read any of the earlier posts?!