PDA

View Full Version : Franklin? Is that you?

_SocraticMethod
June 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Anyone else think Franklin's behind the 'malfunctions' and the incineration of the LA member? Seems plausible to me. It just seemed too targeted to me and too convenient to be random. Also, that mist that was around the man seemed reminiscent of the mist in the chair room when Franklin took the chair in "Sabotage".

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Anyone else think Franklin's behind the 'malfunctions' and the incineration of the LA member? Seems plausible to me. It just seemed too targeted to me and too convenient to be random. Also, that mist that was around the man seemed reminiscent of the mist in the chair room when Franklin took the chair in "Sabotage".

i knew i added you to my friends list for a reason :) i said the same thing in the main thread. it has to be franklin.

the fifth man
June 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Anything is possible. We need to find out what happened to Franklin at some point, right?

major davis
June 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Lol I didn't even think of it... But it makes sense... He killed the LA guy but not Telford!

Gollumpus
June 4th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't bet on him just yet, however, Franklin is the number one suspect in my book.

regards,
G.

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Lol I didn't even think of it... But it makes sense... He killed the LA guy but not Telford!

telford isn't bad. he was brainwashed it was beyond his control but now he's trying to make up for it.

_SocraticMethod
June 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
i knew i added you to my friends list for a reason :) i said the same thing in the main thread. it has to be franklin.

Haha, thanks! :)

Yes, exactly! And Telford was standing in exactly the same spot!

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 08:31 PM
If Franklin is ascended he is kinda stupid, Young and Telford had all of those guys taken care of...whatever killed that guy kinda ruined their plans.

HaMm3r
June 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I also think Franklin is somehow involved. What if Eli and Chloe stumble upon something that explains his disappearance, such as his body in statis or some kind of hologram room where he can communicate with them?

randomking
June 4th, 2010, 08:34 PM
that could account for there being no count down...and maby he cant just kill people but he had a opportunity with the hole?

BadOnion
June 4th, 2010, 08:37 PM
It seems likely. Him reappearing in some way has got to be a part of the WTF promised in the final episode.

Vanek26
June 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Its either the Destiny or Franklin controlling the Destiny in my opinion. We shall see.

jelgate
June 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
No. Its too obvious for SGU

_SocraticMethod
June 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
that could account for there being no count down...and maby he cant just kill people but he had a opportunity with the hole?

That's a good thought... maybe he can control/manipulate the ship? I feel like it has be something related to the shield. Remember in "Divided" when Eli tried to delay Rush from activating the shield so that Young and Greer wouldn't get fried... Maybe Franklin manipulated (i.e. extended) the shield to incinerate the man.

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
No. Its too obvious for SGU

I didn't think it was that obvious, while it could be Franklin, it could be a weakened shield and some sort of radiation spilling through. Something is messing with Destiny, could be connected.

Pharaoh Atem
June 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
well it wasn't just the shield. remember the whole ship was flickering

hedwig
June 4th, 2010, 08:49 PM

That never occurred to me, but it certainly is a possibility. Where else might he have gone except somehow blending with the ship, which now has (if it didn't before) a way to detect and rid itself of unwanted and hostile boarders (wonder what would happen to the smurfs if they actually managed to board the Destiny?). It'll be interesting to see what happens next week, since I would hope there will be some kind of explanation ... that we won't have to wait till next season to find out about. :)

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I think it may all be connected.

_SocraticMethod
June 4th, 2010, 08:58 PM
well it wasn't just the shield. remember the whole ship was flickering

Mhmm... I'm not sure how that ties in... still contemplating it! lol :P I just meant specifically with regards to the LA soldier.

Like randomking said, he might have something to do with the countdown.

What about Eli and Chloe... or would that be too much?

HaMm3r
June 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I'd have to watch it again to confirm this, but what if the guy that got disintegrated was the same guy that cut the hole in the ship? Maybe Destiny was pissed at him.

IMForeman
June 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
"You're wrong about Franklin. Franklin's not on the ship. They didn't want him here, but he couldn't make himself leave. So he melted. Melted away. They didn't know he could do that, but he did. I'm not on the ship. I'm in the ship. I am the ship. You're talking to Destiny. And Kiva... Destiny is very unhappy."

Eternal Density
June 4th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Well something weird is going on, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't connected to Franklin in some way, but likely not the way anyone expects.

GateroomGuard
June 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
If it is Franklin then the Lucian Alliance are in trouble. We all know what a pain Franklin was to the military imagine what he'd do to crazy space pirates.

Cold Fuzz
June 4th, 2010, 11:14 PM
If Franklin is ascended he is kinda stupid, Young and Telford had all of those guys taken care of...whatever killed that guy kinda ruined their plans.

I don't think he ascended. Scorching someone into the deck and playing with the lights and power doesn't seem like the M.O. for an ascended being. I think it's more likely that Franklin's consciousness somehow got transferred into the Destiny central computer and he's functioning as some sort of A.I. now.

meo3000
June 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I have proof its Franklin.

Men cant multi-task. He cant fly the ship in FTL and take care of LA at the same time. Way too complicated.

Thank you.

Sapphire_Jade
June 4th, 2010, 11:32 PM

I said the same thing about the incineration of the LA member it was too much of a coincidence. At first I thought is was Destiny, but then I remember about Franklin. It might be him, but I wouldn't toss the idea of it being Destiny herself. It seems like Destiny is an AI she is a character in this show too, she's just in the background.

Werewolfhero
June 5th, 2010, 12:42 AM
If it is him, wouldn't the ancients intervene and stop him from breaking the cosmic interference rules, or would he just be so far out of their jurisdiction that they wouldn't know/care?

Khentkawes
June 5th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I'd have to watch it again to confirm this, but what if the guy that got disintegrated was the same guy that cut the hole in the ship? Maybe Destiny was pissed at him.

That's exactly what I was thinking. "Dude, you better stop cutting holes in Destiny, because she is not going to be happy with you!"

Alan Wake
June 5th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Well I do agree this theory has merit... I believe we're just grasping at straws here.

Although, this is the first thing that popped into my mind too.

I think dialing the gate from our galaxy again maybe just caused some unexpected problems with the ship.

eonflux
June 5th, 2010, 01:13 AM
The moment i saw that i knew it had to be Franklin. What i think he did was override the safeties and kill him with the shield emitters somehow.

somme
June 5th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I immediately thought Franklin too, which is why I'm hoping it's a red herring and just radiation leaking through the shield or something that like. I don't wanna find out what happened to Franklin for definate for quite a while, maybe end of season 2 or in season 3. Keep us guessing!

pipi
June 5th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Could be Franklin or could be a random flare through the weaken shield or it could be another AI life activated when Eli or Chloe were walking through unexplored areas of the ship.

Sapphire_Jade
June 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
If it is him, wouldn't the ancients intervene and stop him from breaking the cosmic interference rules, or would he just be so far out of their jurisdiction that they wouldn't know/care?
They would if he ascended, but I don't think he ascended.

Shai Hulud
June 5th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Its either the Destiny or Franklin controlling the Destiny in my opinion. We shall see.

Franklin and Destiny are one and the same IMHO. His conciousness has been uploaded into the Destiny! :D

wargrafix
June 5th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Franklin got skills/

Commander Zelix
June 5th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Did Franklin just became the new Deux Ex Machina of SGU? In the first half it was the super-sentient hyperactive ship, now it's Franklin the ghost super-soldier?

talyn2k1
June 5th, 2010, 06:02 AM
My first thought was that whatever the device was that the LA used to open the doors was causing some sort of interference with the shield, causing it to fluctuate and allow solar radiation through to incinerate that guy.
Then all the lights started flickering and I immediately thought Franklin.

I'm sticking by failing shield and solar radiation, but it could be Franklin behind it. I don't think he has ascended though, just somehow merged with the ship.

TENTHIUS
June 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
By the way, Brian J Smith told on the yesterday's Syfy live chat that "We'll see in S2 what happened to Franklin."
So I'll just wait...

garhkal
June 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM

Men cant multi-task. He cant fly the ship in FTL and take care of LA at the same time. Way too complicated.

Thank you.

Excuse me>

Makenshi
June 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM

better add me if still didn't, then

I thought the same when I saw it

:cameron:

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
"You're wrong about Franklin. Franklin's not on the ship. They didn't want him here, but he couldn't make himself leave. So he melted. Melted away. They didn't know he could do that, but he did. I'm not on the ship. I'm in the ship. I am the ship. You're talking to Destiny. And Kiva... Destiny is very unhappy."

I can't green you for that, but if I could.....

Blackhole
June 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM

I thought the same thing myself.

Blackhole
June 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I don't think he ascended. Scorching someone into the deck and playing with the lights and power doesn't seem like the M.O. for an ascended being. I think it's more likely that Franklin's consciousness somehow got transferred into the Destiny central computer and he's functioning as some sort of A.I. now.

If he is combined; then some form of human/computer hybrid with a new shared consciousness and personality; loyal to both the human crew and preprogrammed mission goals of Destiny.

RepliVeggie
June 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM
They would if he ascended, but I don't think he ascended.

No they wouldn't. They only enforce their laws in the MW.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Whatshername from that episode of SGA S1 was subject to the ancients rules. She protected that planet from the wraith so her punishment was to only protect that planet for eternity.

I think the only reason the Ori got away with what they did was because of how many of them there were not because they were out of the Ancients reach. Also the whole idea of ascended beings inhabiting galaxies in the same way that we do always seemed a bit ridiculous to me anyway. I mean their ascended shouldn't space and time mean nothing to them?

erotavlas
June 5th, 2010, 12:35 PM
How would Franklin(if merged with the ship) even distinguish between an LA crew member and and SGC crew member using whatever sensors are available on-board? If the ship became that smart it would also need to know everything about the situation on board like who are the bad guys from their identity to the context between the good guys and bad guys (i.e. what the current situation is and what makes a particular person the bad guy). I don't know I just don't buy it and don't think that the ship is that smart that it could have caused the malfunction by identifying that person as LA.

I'm sticking with "they ran into some form of radiation that affected the ships systems and shields, but didn't notice because they were busy fighting the LA" theory....

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
How would Franklin(if merged with the ship) even distinguish between an LA crew member and and SGC crew member using whatever sensors are available on-board? If the ship became that smart it would also need to know everything about the situation on board like who are the bad guys from their identity to the context between the good guys and bad guys (i.e. what the current situation is and what makes a particular person the bad guy). I don't know I just don't buy it and don't think that the ship is that smart that it could have caused the malfunction by identifying that person as LA.

I'm sticking with "they ran into some form of radiation that affected the ships systems and shields, but didn't notice because they were busy fighting the LA" theory....

The ship would know who all the good guys on the ship are because of....Eli's documentary! through the kinos, the ship has a visual on all of the good guys...and Eli would never let anyone live it down that his documentary has, yet again, saved everyone's bacon :D

KEK
June 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
The crews actions on Destiny haven't really shown them in a particularity positive light, to the outside observer, they don't really look like good guys.

Major_Griff
June 5th, 2010, 12:44 PM
The crews actions on Destiny haven't really shown them in a particularity positive light, to the outside observer, they don't really look like good guys.

Yeah, but they're from Earth, of course they're the good guys.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM

in comparison to the LA?
in comparison, they're the good guys, or at least not the as bad guys

erotavlas
June 5th, 2010, 12:46 PM

exactly....the ship could have just as easily fried any of the crew when the mutiny was taking place .... like a sort of 'behave yourselves' scolding from a parent

AVFan
June 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Thank you.
Completely agree. Men + multitask = fail. (coming from a man btw)

jelgate
June 5th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Completely agree. Men + multitask = fail. (coming from a man btw)

Its also completely false

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Erm, incorrect, as we saw in SGA.

droid327
June 5th, 2010, 06:42 PM
MW and Pegasus are the "corporeal domain" of the Lanteans/Ancients/Ascended Ancients. We know some of the Ancients from Pegasus did reach ascension, and its likely that they enforce the same rules upon Pegasus as the MW Ancients do in the MW. Destiny is probably further still than even the Ori galaxy, and we know that the Ancients had no influence there because of the distance.

I'm also in the "Franklin was my first thought" camp. Although it will be dangerous how they do it, because you certainly dont want Franklin to become Pilot, where the rest of the crew can just shout out orders for things they need the ship to do...

Young: "Frell, a Smurf mothership, off the hammond side! Franklin, we need Destiny to starburst in 5 microts!"

...although if they just turn Franklin into an ephemeral "ghost in the machine", quite literally, that just pops up whenever its convenient or necessary for the ship to do something, they havent advanced anything (because Destiny was already doing that anyway), and really they're just hanging a lantern on it (SG1:200 :D) by giving the deus ex machina a name, Franklin.

Utitan
June 5th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Franklin and the ship are obviously connected as he was up loaded and told the ship to jump. To what extent can't be known yet, could have been a one time thing. I have to think and I'm certain with myself, with the running theme of the show the ship is some what self aware.

I also have to think that if the power to the shields was draining that much it would have been system wide and there would have been more fallout from that happening...

Another thing I'm wondering.. When Destiny dropped out of FTL to receive the incoming gate were they not in a void? Without a star for so many light years away would you really fry like that? I dunno that could be way off but something in the system manipulated the shields.

HaMm3r
June 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Young: "Frell, a Smurf mothership, off the hammond side! Franklin, we need Destiny to starburst in 5 microts!"

Green for the great use of Farscape terminology! It's easy to forget just how awesome that show really was...

Merlin's_Legacy
June 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Just to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here, I think that the LA dialing Destiny with an incomplete power calculation and then the planet exploding sent a surge back through the gate and screwed up Destiny's systems. (Maybe that ties in to Kiva's comment that I didn't exactly understand: "What did you do to the gate? You killed over 100 of my men.")

Either that or Franklin is pulling a Dr. Manhattan. If Eli and Chloe run into a free-floating nervous system or skeleton then we'll know for sure...

kansaikimono
June 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I think Franklin has merged with Destiny and is still figuring things out, otherwise, he could just take care of all the bad guys at once.

And didn't replicator-Elizabeth cause computer problems for Atlantis when she showed up?

EllieVee
June 7th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I don't think it's Franklin at all.

jmoz
June 7th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I hope they bring him back permanently instead of convenient problem solver. I liked him cause he is average looking and a sort of realistic character. Plus I'm sure he has plenty of more intrigue to share with the crew to give some suspense and drive to continue to watch to some of us fans.