Serious Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Jack

No jokes from jack.... you know things are serious.
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
    No jokes from jack.... you know things are serious.
    joking jack would be boring after all these years. i love the more serious tone
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      joking jack would be boring after all these years. i love the more serious tone
      Agreed. He still has his funny moments, but he's the new Hammond, you know? He can't be the one who makes light of everything when so many lives are in his hands constantly.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

he has to be "so serous" in his position....if he cant make the tough desishons he would be fired then he would have to go find a lake to drink and fish on all the time...o wait

Comment

This was a very serious situation, and it was nice to see Jack acting accordingly.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was great to see him serious I agree.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              It was great to see him serious I agree.
              Jack is great at both being serious and funny. This just wasn't the time for funny.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Jack is great at both being serious and funny. This just wasn't the time for funny.
                no it wasn't. and i think Jack is more capable of giving Young a more serious dressing down given how angry he can get in the sg-1 episodes.

Comment

My only issue is that if Jack was in Young's position and that was any of his team in the Gateroom about to be vented... no way Jack would have pushed that button. Leave no-one behind seems to have left the Gateroom!! But I DO love the balance of serious and levity Jack.
                  "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

I completely agree. It was great to see him hunker down and be serious in this episode. As much as I love Jack's irreverent side, I dislike it a lot when his character gets reduced to a caricature (much like we saw in "Subversion" and even in S8)... there's a lot more to this man than silly remarks. Anyone who has seen SG-1 knows that. I *especially* enjoyed his tough-love pep-talk to Col. Young. It was good see RDA bring his game face.

(All of that being said... the "that brings back memories" remark was a fun line, well done and well placed, IMO. )

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      This was a very serious situation, and it was nice to see Jack acting accordingly.
                      Agreed!
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Does knowone remember the pyramid joke?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It seemed to be appropriate for his more serious and leadership role as a head of Homeworld Command, especially given the seriousness of how Destiny was under real threat of being compromised.
                          Abbas Karimjee
                          www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                          The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Does knowone remember the pyramid joke?
                            Something about a power signature coming from a pyramid. Then Jack goes "A pyramid? Oh, that takes me back..."

I laughed. Sooooo hard.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

young: the LA made it to destiny

Jack: im hungry....

yea serious jack is better
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X