This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Squick Question

I was just wondering how a bunch of you felt about fanfic that involved Jack/Daniel in a discipline relationship as well as a slash relationship. I have found tons of fanfic for X-Files with this but I still haven't found many for Stargate save for one particular author on DarkGate.

Just checking to see if those kind of submissions would get me a ton of bad feedback and mad Daniel lovers at my throat

i think dark gate and area 52 are the only places that i know of for both slash and discipline fic. I'm sure there are other slash archives out there, but i don't read the genre so i'm not very familiar with it.

as for gateworld, our guidelines are R or less and no slash, so i'm afraid those fic wouldn't fit here

there are a group of folks that do like Darkfic, although most of the ones i've seen are Jack based and Het fic, so it's sam on the other end
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      as for gateworld, our guidelines are R or less and no slash, so i'm afraid those fic wouldn't fit here
      If the rating were R or less, may I ask why you don't allow slash?
      Liaison of F.O.R.D.
      Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Darren's archives, Darren's rules.

Our submission rules are just like Heliopolis

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          Darren's archives, Darren's rules.
          Oh...I suppose I can't argue with that. I guess I always thought of GW as a pretty tolerant and accepting forum. My bubble has been burst a little bit.
          Liaison of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayalaen
            I was just wondering how a bunch of you felt about fanfic that involved Jack/Daniel in a discipline relationship as well as a slash relationship. I have found tons of fanfic for X-Files with this but I still haven't found many for Stargate save for one particular author on DarkGate.

Just checking to see if those kind of submissions would get me a ton of bad feedback and mad Daniel lovers at my throat
            Label it well. Then you shouldn't offend anyone, cos if they're likely to be offended by that sort of thing they'll not read it. Personally I wouldn't read it. I prefer gen. I wouldn't be offended by knowing that you were writing stuff like that though.

Madeleine

Comment

a lot of folks write a lot of stuff that's not to my taste. There are some folks out there that just beat the stuffins out of jack and i'm a wuss

But folks are free to write whatever they want. I can guarantee you, no matter what you write, someone will like and read it

that's the beauty of a varied fandom, there is something out there for everyone. May not be a lot of it, but there is something

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                Oh...I suppose I can't argue with that. I guess I always thought of GW as a pretty tolerant and accepting forum. My bubble has been burst a little bit.
                Although I've never discussed the issue with Darren I'm pretty certain that his rejection of slash stories has little to do with a lack of tolerance and acceptance and much more with the fact that all GW contents are family-friendly (PG rating if you will). Darren wants to ensure that kids can surf the entire site without their parents having to worry - and unfortunately, while Darren and almost everyone else here may be tolerant enough, a lot of parents aren't.

Feli (who, just like MC, is an avid reader and writer of slash stories and has never had any problems with Darren because of that).

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                  Although I've never discussed the issue with Darren I'm pretty certain that his rejection of slash stories has little to do with a lack of tolerance and acceptance and much more with the fact that all GW contents are family-friendly (PG rating if you will). Darren wants to ensure that kids can surf the entire site without their parents having to worry - and unfortunately, while Darren and almost everyone else here may be tolerant enough, a lot of parents aren't.

Feli (who, just like MC, is an avid reader and writer of slash stories and has never had any problems with Darren because of that).
                  Oh, I didn't think Darren or any of the mods are intolerant, I just think it's unfortunate that in order to be "family-friendly" the site has to be "hetero-family only." I don't blame Darren, I blame society.

Thanks for taking the time to address my concerns, Feli. I appreciate it.
                  Liaison of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Thank you so much for your opinions. I knew that I wouldn't be able to post it on GateWorld.... but so far this is the only Stargate forum I have found with a spot specifically for fanfic so I wanted to ask.

Thanks

Comment

You might want to check out the opinions of some of the folks over on our stargate.

I know a lot of the participants there like daniel, but they also like slash and they might be able to provide you a more varied sampling of opinions

I rarely play on darkgate but it surprised me to find how many folks enjoyed DarkJack. There might be a hidden audience

sigpic

Comment

Our Stargate is at http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourstargate and there is a fanfic section which is something like the twelfth folder down; although it's in with the conventions and other fandom stuff, so you might have to dig a bit.

Madeleine

Comment

Ooooh... new sites to explore! *Starts bookmarking like mad*

Comment

Originally posted by Mayalaen
                            Ooooh... new sites to explore! *Starts bookmarking like mad*
                            Stargate:Horizon has a forum with an 'All things creative' section. You can place any links to any type of fic there. It doesn't even have to Stargate related...

http://stargatehorizon.proboards23.c...thingscreative
                            Sam....

Comment

THere is also alphagate (i don't have the addy, but just search it, you'll find it)

and no shortage of slash specific lists and groups out there

I would suggest asking for recommendations on ourstargate or just go to the yahoo groups and search for stargate groups (i'd imagine that there are about 600 by now)

a good portion of them won't be slash, however many will. there are pairing specific ones, and since jack/daniel is the most popular slash pairing out there, there are plenty of lists

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X