PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of Things to Come, Part One (424)

Stargate: Horizon
June 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Stargate: Horizon http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/409.jpg
Shadows of Things to Come, Part One

A planet is discovered that may hold the key to finally making contact with the Keepers.

Click here to read the episode! (http://www.freewebs.com/stargate-horizon/424_shadows_of_things_to_come.pdf)

Then stop back to share your thoughts about it!

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
The episode is now up! Be sure to let us know what you think! It's got one or two surprises as things really are going in a bit of a different direction now!

Enjoy!

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Well I was expecting a to be continued... But I can understand where your going with this. Why do I get a feeling ultera will have to wait until season five considering what just happened.

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Wow! Did you just read a 43 minute episode in 20 minutes?

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 3rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
I guess you wouldn't buy the whole I read very fast stic would ya? Truth is I've been able to finish an episode with 20 to 30 minutes

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I guess you wouldn't buy the whole I read very fast stic would ya? Truth is I've been able to finish an episode with 20 to 30 minutes

Sure I'd buy that. I don't know if you can really get the most out of them by reading them fast since that way you can't really picture the scenes the way they'd be on screen, but that's just me. Whatever works. :)

So what did you think about the episode? I mean, there's some pretty huge reveals in there regarding why Daniel even ended up with the SGC in the first place. It seems to imply that normally he would have never ended up with the SGC, if someone hadn't guided him in that direction.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 3rd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Well I thought it was very interesting. It was cool seeing the nebulan woman interact with Daniel in 1991. Any chance we'll see chase or chase will be referenced in the next episode?

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Well I thought it was very interesting. It was cool seeing the nebulan woman interact with Daniel in 1991. Any chance we'll see chase or chase will be referenced in the next episode?

There's an idea for a really great storyline for Chase in Season Five. But all I can say is that I'm really excited about it! :)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
There's an idea for a really great storyline for Chase in Season Five. But all I can say is that I'm really excited about it! :)

Looking forward to that storyline. What about grant/sivea storyline? Will we see closure on the fifth and final season.

nano
June 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
realy good

but omg could u end the episode at a more anyoing point???
plz tell me there will be ep25 as well

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to that storyline. What about grant/sivea storyline? Will we see closure on the fifth and final season.

There will be. Their relationship will be a big part of Season Five.

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
realy good

but omg could u end the episode at a more anyoing point???
plz tell me there will be ep25 as well

There will be. 4.25 is the finale and I'm working on it right now actually. :)

nano
June 3rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
hurray...
plz dont go to cruel and unusual on when it come at the ending we are already hooked :)
will it be on time for next week?

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
hurray...
plz dont go to cruel and unusual on when it come at the ending we are already hooked :)

It does make you wonder what the final scene of this season could look like. ;)

will it be on time for next week?

It will be ready on time.

nano
June 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Meaning u'll leave us dangling and clueless for next season :)
u are indeed and evil man :p

Elite Anubis Guard
June 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Well...awesome. Thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly, enjoyed that. Having the Nebulan woman involved in Daniel's background was a fantastic inclusion. I love it when sci-fi comes together like this and has these kind of back stories. I'm getting a good sense of why Daniel was brought on now and it's fantastic.

I get the feeling we're going to be abandoning the Enoly to the sidelines now. I think the Draque, while also taking a side seat, may also start to become slightly more prominent when needed. I think this major change of direction is going to come in the Ingrali conflict I assume is coming. And I gotta say, I'm quite excited.

And Chris. While I figured you'd do something difficult to Lenori, I didn't predict this. I realized as soon as they found Chris unconscious, however, but Jesus. That is going to make things way more complicated for them pair, especially considering their previous relationship.

You know how I mentioned you should watch Babylon 5? It was because it's a great sci-fi show that does things slightly unconventionally and I really feel like you've got that feeling here! They don't finish the show on the conclusion of the previous war, they do it by throwing a curve ball at you and taking us in a completely different direction. Something you've achieved here.

Nice to see I predicted the correct scene from Judgement Day. :)

Alex Rubit
June 3rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
Well...awesome. Thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly, enjoyed that.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)

Having the Nebulan woman involved in Daniel's background was a fantastic inclusion. I love it when sci-fi comes together like this and has these kind of back stories. I'm getting a good sense of why Daniel was brought on now and it's fantastic.

Yeah, he will be playing a very crucial role. I definitely felt it was important that there'd be a very good reason for why he's there. It's been subtle, but it's been building up towards this ever since he first came to Horizon. Throughout the entire season he felt that he needed to remember things from when he was ascended in order to feel like he really belongs there; he never felt that way before, and it only started after he strangely recognized those writings in Malaysia in "Gateway of the Gods". So him feeling that he needs to remember more may have been him subconsciousnly sensing that there really is something very specific (how to find this Point of Origin) that he needs to recall in order to contribute to the greater picture.

And Chris. While I figured you'd do something difficult to Lenori, I didn't predict this. I realized as soon as they found Chris unconscious, however, but Jesus. That is going to make things way more complicated for them pair, especially considering their previous relationship.

Yeah, this should make for some interesting developments down the road. And this is actually something we've been planning and talking about for quite a while now, so it's great to finally be doing it.

You know how I mentioned you should watch Babylon 5? It was because it's a great sci-fi show that does things slightly unconventionally and I really feel like you've got that feeling here! They don't finish the show on the conclusion of the previous war, they do it by throwing a curve ball at you and taking us in a completely different direction. Something you've achieved here.

Thanks again! I really appreciate that!

Nice to see I predicted the correct scene from Judgement Day. :)

Yes, it is. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
June 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Also - What kind of research did you put into the whole Khafu fraud section?

Alex Rubit
June 5th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Also - What kind of research did you put into the whole Khafu fraud section?

That whole explanation for how Daniel came up with his theory was actually in an earlier draft of the original Stargate movie that I found, and I think not much or none of it made into the final version (I think they did mention Colonel Vyse). So it's pretty much taken from there, and I just did do a little bit of research into things like finding out exactly who Colonel Vyse was and what kind of discoveries he had made.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much all they mention in the movie is Vyse found Khafu's name in the pyramid and that it was a fraud. That detailed theory wasn't there at all in the movie. Cheeky using it but I like it. :)

nano
June 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM
omg how can anyone even vote for terrible :S
and its kinda said that its only me, alex, shep & anubis that are commenting :(
common guys dont be shy :)

Senku
August 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
This ep'll come to us as "classic SGH" in the future, that's for sure.

On the other hand, my lack of time made a great favor to me and I couldn't see this ep "live". And I meant it! So I could see together with the Part 2 as a whole!! Priceless!!

I'll make my comment for both in the other thread ;)