How do you think Destiny keeps time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think Destiny keeps time?

They use a cesium fountain at Boulder and here in Canada at the NRC. I wonder, do the Ancients have an even more accurate time source? You would not believe how important it is to have really accurate and precise timing in some applications.

Incidentally, I have to complain about satellite TV. It has been rainy and windy here, I had no signal at 8pm, so now I have to wait till 2am to see the repeat of Incursion. Being a week behind is bad enough, now I have to wait 4 more hours!

computers

Comment

Eli's iPhone of course

Comment

One of those Atomic clocks

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
          They use a cesium fountain at Boulder and here in Canada at the NRC. I wonder, do the Ancients have an even more accurate time source? You would not believe how important it is to have really accurate and precise timing in some applications.

Incidentally, I have to complain about satellite TV. It has been rainy and windy here, I had no signal at 8pm, so now I have to wait till 2am to see the repeat of Incursion. Being a week behind is bad enough, now I have to wait 4 more hours!
          they use Timex of course
          takes a licking and keeps on ticking
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Na. They use a solar clock made in switzerland..

Comment

They probably use some sought of quantum physics base clocks to keep track of time.

Comment

Solar clock for the hours and coal/wall for the days.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Destiny is powered by remnants of Chuck Norris's passage through space, and the Ancients couldn't even tap into 1% of that. Since Chuck Norris decides what time it is, Destiny does as well.
                  sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Amazing Sensors, Pulsars, Lots of complicated math.

Comment

When you think about time, and what it has meant over the years, you really have to wonder. Accurate time keeping is what allowed the British Navy to literally rule the seas of the entire planet for about 100 years.

Sometimes I reflect on how revolutionary and high tech the simple things we take for granted were, when they were first invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                        Destiny is powered by remnants of Chuck Norris's passage through space, and the Ancients couldn't even tap into 1% of that. Since Chuck Norris decides what time it is, Destiny does as well.
                        I thought chuck norris round house kicked time a long while ago..

Comment

Even better. Swatch. They can change colors of the wrist belt.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Why would you need to keep time on a ship traveling at super-relativistic speeds? Soon as you jumped to FTL, anything on-board would become desynchronized with anything planet-side, so Destiny time is completely arbitrary and relevant only to Destiny.

Comment

I think destiny uses an hourglass to keep time

Comment

Working...
                              X