Naquadah Generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah Generator?

I was thinking that, would it be possible to canabilize some of destinys unessential systems... chip small bits of naquadah off of every stargate that they come across... put it all together and build some sort of primitive naquadah generator??

It may not be able to power the shields or weapons enough to make a big difference in battles with the Blues or anyone, but they could use it to explore more sections of the ship, maybe turn the light dimmer switch up a bit (the ship is always so dark..) and possible use it to extend the distance that destiny can dial (assuming that its a power issue, might not be but you never know)
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 26 May 2010, 06:33 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

...maybe....if the gates are even made of naqaudah...which i assume they are....

Comment

The naquadah the gates are made of has been made inert and it takes a great amount of energy to force fission (Anubis' gate destroyer, Attero device) so it wouldn't work.

Also even if they manage to extend Destiny's gate range they wouldn't be able to get back.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

the ship is always so dark..
        natural lighting. the SG1 and SGA sets always had.... unnatural lighting. you know, as if a big light was there just to follow them

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          I was thinking that, would it be possible to canabilize some of destinys unessential systems... chip small bits of naquadah off of every stargate that they come across... put it all together and build some sort of primitive naquadah generator??
          A Naquadah generator is probably quite complicated to construct, I doubt it is something the crew could just coble together from spare parts on the ship, (unless O'Neill does his MacGyver trick again with an Ancient repository)
          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
          "That he is concealing something."
          "Like what?"
          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
            A Naquadah generator is probably quite complicated to construct, I doubt it is something the crew could just coble together from spare parts on the ship, (unless O'Neill does his MacGyver trick again with an Ancient repository)
            Or just have an expert come on board and do it for them.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

How do you break the gate? Last time it took at Mark IX, carefully placed.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                How do you break the gate? Last time it took at Mark IX, carefully placed.
                Probably disassemble it. After all, they have screws. Of course, this is MW gates.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                X