X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of Superhero dramas

Gah!

Hollywood is running out of Ideas; I'm sick of superhero or people with "Special ability" TV shows.

when can they branch out different types of Science Fiction? are they afraid of it?

now The Cape, Alphas and some others.

we need more variety.
    Favorite Characters:
    Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
    Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
    SG1: Jack O'Neill
    SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
    Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

bring back highlander and reboot the Flintstones and the jetsons
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love Superheroes....but I can understand what you mean. But superheroes are the popular money makers (that and vampires) right now so the networks are going to cash in on them in any way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        bring back highlander and reboot the Flintstones and the jetsons
        I'm going to say it. I agree. As crazy as it sounds....I...agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I love Superheroes....but I can understand what you mean. But superheroes are the popular money makers (that and vampires) right now so the networks are going to cash in on them in any way possible.
          I'd like to see a fresh take on superpowers. Heroes's first season had so much promise, and then it went down hill... but they had the right idea.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            I'd like to see a fresh take on superpowers. Heroes's first season had so much promise, and then it went down hill... but they had the right idea.
            Yeah, I like every season after the first season. But those seasons are nothing compared to the first season. IMO the first season of Heroes is the best first season of any television show...ever. I loved the first season that much. I think because of the first season is why Heroes suffered so much, it was so amazing that the next seasons could not surpass it, as the first season had everything in it.

Comment

Fact: humans are attracted to extraordinary tales about extraordinary people.
              But still, the focus has been too narrow, there's plenty of heroism and superness to be had that doesn't fall into the 'comicbook superhero' trope.
              So yeah, it would be nice to see movies based off something different, like, say, Old Man's War...
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I don't mind superheros (especially ones played by Jessica Alba), but I think the worst is Superman, he's just too super. You may as well go to the pub rather than try and beat him, it's a hopeless effort
                http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                  I don't mind superheros (especially ones played by Jessica Alba), but I think the worst is Superman, he's just too super. You may as well go to the pub rather than try and beat him, it's a hopeless effort
                  Going to the pub is a hopeless effort?
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Going to the pub is a hopeless effort?
                    Trying to beat Superman is a hopeless effort.

I think that superheroes, actual proper recognised superheroes aren't really used on TV. When I think of Superheroes on TV, I think Batman, Wonder Woman, Hulk and Superman (Dean Cain version). There is even the Superboy live action show that made it to 100 episodes (but I've never seen this). Yet for these recognised successes, there is also the failures, Blade, Birds of Prey, Spiderman, Flash, even The Crow (not recognised as a superhero, but a guy who comes back from the dead should be considered one).

That is why I think we need an actual superhero show. Smallville was never about Clark trying to be a superhero, but weird crap always happening around him so he'd have to save the day, plus it was more awkward teen with powers than Superboy. Heroes was the same, Hiro wanted to be a superhero, Peter just wanted to do good, but it was more about the situation driving people together and mostly trying not to get involved. The Cape will just a vigilante story, no powers involved and the Alphas sound as much of a ripoff as Mutant X.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BayGateScape View Post
                      we need more variety.
                      You should watch Spartacus. Not scifi, but still different than any other thing on television these days. Dexter will also work.
                      Mia: Don't you hate that?
                      Vincent: Hate what?
                      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Dexter is certainly entertaining, but too much like real life, not escapist enough
                        http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                          Dexter is certainly entertaining, but too much like real life, not escapist enough
                          Spartacus works well for escapism... Caprica too, but with the focus on the characters it also feels real.
                          Mia: Don't you hate that?
                          Vincent: Hate what?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

BBC's Misfits is a clever show of young people not ready to even be heroes. I was happy to find out it was picked up for another season. Only has 6 episodes (like many Brit shows) for the first season but it was spot on of what a bunch of misfits would be like if they got superhero powers.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              BBC's Misfits is a clever show of young people not ready to even be heroes. I was happy to find out it was picked up for another season. Only has 6 episodes (like many Brit shows) for the first season but it was spot on of what a bunch of misfits would be like if they got superhero powers.
                              You beat me to it i was going to mention Misfits... it was Skins meets Heroes, Terrific pairing of two completely opposite shows, what's engaging about Misfits is that they have abilities (Some not so practical) but at-least 1 of them is a villain after a *cough* murder... so far there hasn't been a line between good and bad. Well worth the watch.
                              Flickr Account: Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X