PDA

View Full Version : Interesting uses for the communication stones

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
What are some inventive uses of the communication stones that those on the Destiny could implement?

escyos
May 23rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
....communication

AquaGamer53
May 24th, 2010, 06:03 AM
What would happen if you tried to connect to someone that's in a coma?

Mike.
May 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
What would happen if you tried to connect to someone that's in a coma?

It depends on the type of coma.

If it's caused by damage to the body and the brain is intact - the comatose person's mind would be awake on Destiny and the volunteer's would be trapped or dormant in the other body.

If the coma is caused by brain damage it's a lot more difficult to predict what would happen.
a) the volunteer starts walking around using comatose body and his original one is now in a coma because there's no one to control it
b) the brain damage is too severe to physically send the electric signals to the muscles and both subjects appear to fall into a coma
c) the damage is too great to even receive the transfer and the body is not recognized as compatible - i.e. trying to exchange minds with a rock => nothing happens.

Ragitsu
May 24th, 2010, 12:01 PM
A man can finally know what it is like to give birth.

Puddle-Jumper
May 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Easy way to do all the narcotics you like without any reprecussions

Easy way to cheat on a spose without getting caught

Steal money/commit crimes

Girlbot
May 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Lets start at the beginning and give him PMS first :P
Let him go thru the whole cycle :D

rushy
June 27th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I totally hate the Com Stones episodes like Earth and Life. However, not Subversion.

Col.Ads
July 3rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Use them to bring in a pianist......if only we had a piano =/

Think we should get rid of some of the useles IOA personal and get in some scientists!

General Luka of Earth
July 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
on Destinythey could use some other personel, example: Ship is under attack, they could use millitary personel and in everday life scientist could help intaking control of the ship

garhkal
July 3rd, 2010, 10:51 PM
Lets start at the beginning and give him PMS first :P
Let him go thru the whole cycle :D

How's about we switch that around and make women feel what it is like being in a mans shoes for a while, with a preg wife.

The Prophet
July 4th, 2010, 03:31 AM

Finally let a woman know what it's like to be punched in the nuts :P

(We can settle the debate of which is worse, once and for all!)

Scott7070
July 29th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Connect to an animal species - that would be wierd!

Scott7070
July 29th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Are there only one set of comm stones? Because they never seem to make any requirements to ensure they communicate with Earth?!

If say Young swapped consciousness with a tech on Earth, could Youngs conciousness connect to a seperate set of stones (or just another stone of the same set i guess) to swap with a third body?

I would like to see the crew on Destiny use the stones with each other - they could spy on parts of the ship where they are not usually welcomed (as Eli seems to get along with most, probably sending Rush with Eli's body?).

webxro
July 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Eli is uber , but i think he will use kino to spy

Ed
July 30th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Being a child again that would be really strange

Swapping with an alien to experience the world through their body we know this works

i wonder what happens to two minds in one body eg mcay + cadman or that bloke off the sg1 ep lifeboat

you could steal peoples life to become almost imortal if you combine it with other tech

swap body with someone then use a wrath harvester or a stasis pod or something like that.
live out years of your life like that.
as you get old restore your own body swap back and find another victim.
(not sure if I'm creative or sadistic for thinking that up)

swap with a sexual partner for a 'different' experience

I'm sure there are more

webxro
July 30th, 2010, 12:11 PM
still immortality is a neat idea

[J0K3R]
July 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
If say Young swapped consciousness with a tech on Earth, could Youngs conciousness connect to a seperate set of stones (or just another stone of the same set i guess) to swap with a third body?

I find this quite an interesting one to think about, but I'd imagine the Ancients put some safeguards in place to prevent that. For example when trying to use the second set of stones they would recognise that you are already connected via another set and would simply not work.