Way of resolving the Cliff-Hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way of resolving the Cliff-Hanger

(sorry if someone's already pointed it out, I didn't see anything like it on the first page, I may just be blind)

I think it's obvious that they're putting Telford through the Rite of Mal Sha'ran. Jack wouldn't have authorised it otherwise (assuming he did indeed authorise it), as it was the way they got rid of Teal'c's brainwashing he would have thought of it. Even if it wasn't intentional he is going to go through the rite now, at which point he'll tell them where Rush is.

For SG-1 noobs (well maybe not noobs, as the Rite's only been mentioned in SG-1 twice...): The Rite of Mal Sha'ran is a way you can get over Goa'uld brain washing technology. To undergo this rite a Jaffa must remove his/her symbiote (or have it removed). This brings the Jaffa to the edge of death at which point his/her whole flashes before their eyes and they remember who they really are. (See, Season 5's "Threshold" and Season 9's "Stronghold)

Telford doesn't have a symbiote, but this process will bring him to the edge of death, and have the desired effect.

It's funny because I watched Stronghold last night, and Mitchell said "I don't think I'm gonna go through the Rite of Mal Sha'ran". Looks like he would have been able to.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 22 May 2010, 02:29 PM.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

I concur

Comment

I doubt that works on people who aren't Jaffa
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Why not? We have no evidence to say yay or nay. It has never been tried. Also when the symbiont was removed from Teal'c he was still under the mind control and tried to get people to still believe that he was ok and when that didn't work threatening to kill them. So you can't make the argument that its the very nature of the symbiont that caused him to stay brain washed. The near death experience is what is able to wipe the control away, which is what is about to happen to Telford.

Comment

Well that would be a great get out of jail free card!

Comment

The writers love a redemption story

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
              The writers love a redemption story
              Yeah. I'm sure we'll get a good chance to see what exactly happened to Telford when he was undercover with the Lucian Alliance.
              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

It could work if he's really brainwashed

Comment

Yeah, Telford could go through Mal Sha'ran, but you're assuming that he is brainwashed. However it would not work if he actually turned to the Lucian Alliance. Personally I think that the way the episode was written that he will just end up being a pawn that the Lucian Alliance has to deal with from now on. Even if he is brainwashed, for the time being there is nothing that Homeworld Security can do about it anyway since he is not even on Earth.

Comment

wasn't it pointed out that he wasn't brain washed and that he was doing it out of his own will

Comment

No, on the contrary the Lucian Alliance specifically told Rush that they have brain washing technology.

Comment

No, on the contrary the Lucian Alliance specifically told Rush that they have brain washing technology.
                        But Telford said himself that it was his own choice. Which, of course, could be a brainwashed response. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                        sigpic

Comment

He never admitted to be brain washed...if you were brain washed would you admit it...no, neither did Teal'c, he kept saying how he had fooled SG1 the entire time and all that jazz.

Comment

He never admitted to be brain washed...if you were brain washed would you admit it...no, neither did Teal'c, he kept saying how he had fooled SG1 the entire time and all that jazz.
                            I think we're agreeing on that point... but his saying that he wasn't brainwashed is hardly evidence that he was brainwashed. Yes, the LA have brainwashing technology, and if he was brainwashed he's not going to tell Young and Jack, and it would seem highly likely that he was brainwashed, but there is no evidence either way other than his word at this point and unfortunately he would have said the same thing either way.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think all the evidence so far points to brain washing. With Young saying he's a different man, and the whole memory imprint thing. We'll just have to wait and see.
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X