Young and Telford's previous relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young and Telford's previous relationship

From the scene where they were drinking together, it sounds like Young and Telford were friends or at the very least respected each other before Icarus. I thought that was interesting, any thoughts on that?

Perfecto!

Definitely they at the very least respected each other and worked side by side. I think that scene offered also insight into Greer's anger with Telford, it's possible he was on the ground on the base Telford let get attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Definitely they at the very least respected each other and worked side by side. I think that scene offered also insight into Greer's anger with Telford, it's possible he was on the ground on the base Telford let get attacked.
      Good thought, I hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely possible.

Perfecto!

Comment

TM6P,

I thought it was pretty clear he was on the ground on the base Telford's inaction allowed to be attacked. That said, it raises two questions for me.

First, given the deep cover problems with Telford I'm suprised they would tap him to lead the expedition though to the 9th Chevron address. While I recognize he was exonerated of wrongdoing Young's comments make it clear not everyone was comfortable with what happened. Isn't that customarily something that would be the death knell of a military career even if the person involved was exonerated?

Second, given Young's doubts why would they assign them to the same base? It's guaranteed to cause friction and seems like a bad way to build up a normal command structure.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I got the impression that their relationship had been much more cordial in the past, and quite possibly could have been to the level of them being friends. It's this which makes me doubt the theories that Young was taking any pleasure in his actions or was undertaking them purely out of revenge and a desire to get back at Telford.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
            TM6P,

I thought it was pretty clear he was on the ground on the base Telford's inaction allowed to be attacked. That said, it raises two questions for me.

First, given the deep cover problems with Telford I'm suprised they would tap him to lead the expedition though to the 9th Chevron address. While I recognize he was exonerated of wrongdoing Young's comments make it clear not everyone was comfortable with what happened. Isn't that customarily something that would be the death knell of a military career even if the person involved was exonerated?

Second, given Young's doubts why would they assign them to the same base? It's guaranteed to cause friction and seems like a bad way to build up a normal command structure.
            Well for the drama obviously
            However Telford was cleared of any wrong doing, so his career would not be at a death knell. Further there is an argument to be made that Telford has to consider the bigger picture, and could have argued that they gained more by keeping him in place in the long run than by blowing his cover to warn about an attack in the short term. I would think that this decision might have even worked to Telford's advantage in being chosen as Expedition Leader, he was seen as an officer who was willing to make tough choices, something that would be invaluable when isolated on the Destiny.

Further the military expects everyone to work together regardless of personnel feelings, if you have problem with that then you end up on charges, ala Greer. Besides I doubt that Telford was on the base for much of the time, I presume he had arrived recently at the start of the series to prepare the expedition but hadn't been stationed there for months as there would be little point.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
              I got the impression that their relationship had been much more cordial in the past, and quite possibly could have been to the level of them being friends. It's this which makes me doubt the theories that Young was taking any pleasure in his actions or was undertaking them purely out of revenge and a desire to get back at Telford.
              My thoughts too. Thus, his statement about being "disappointed" when Telford finally gave in and admitted working for the Lucien Alliance.

Comment

I think their friendship (if that's what it was) goes a long way back, but I also think it became strained before events in Air because in Light when Young and Greer were talking and the pre-Air decking that landed Greer in the brig was raised, Young said he thought Telford "had it coming".
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  I think their friendship (if that's what it was) goes a long way back, but I also think it became strained before events in Air because in Light when Young and Greer were talking and the pre-Air decking that landed Greer in the brig was raised, Young said he thought Telford "had it coming".
                  Which he probably did if Greer was at the base Telford let be attacked. Especially if Greer was friends with some of the people who died there.

Comment

That would certainly be an interesting twist.

I also got the impression that Telford and Young respected each other before Telford went undercover. They were probably both leading SG teams through the gate or something like that.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Love triangle man! Telford is jealouse that Young is getting all the ladies! And Telford doesn't get anything in return except being branded a traitor. Maybe they'll hug and have a cry over it.

Comment

Given Young's story about the young officer who followed Telford around "like a lap dog", Young was posted at that attacked base too. Or was one of the first responders.

As an aside, perhaps that is where Greer's respect and admiration for Young started.

Comment

yeap they seem to be friends before , i just confirmed that when Telford blows his cover , seeing Young face tells everything
                          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Working...
                          X