X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the opening crawl was originally filmed

Pretty neat!

http://gizmodo.com/5542745/so-thats-...s-opening-craw
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Yep, that was pretty cool in the day. Still is
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Impressive. Most impressive.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

How wonderfully quaint. Good old practical SFX. I miss them

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
          How wonderfully quaint. Good old practical SFX. I miss them
          Agreed in genereal. Speaking specifically to VFX: I grew up on TNG and re-runs of TOS, and to this day I truly believe that models are still better-looking than CGI.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

the only time the models didn't look good was when they were poorly keyed and had edge crawl.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              the only time the models didn't look good was when they were poorly keyed and had edge crawl.
              Yep. And in the era of HD and HD restoration, even that really isn't an issue anymore

Comment

Working...
              X