• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What They Died For (616)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    WHAT THEY DIED FOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 616

Jack's group sets out in search of Desmond, but finds Jacob waiting -- with answers. Ben finds himself between Locke and Whidmore, and Desmond begins to assemble the Oceanic 815 passengers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 19 May 2010, 01:50 PM.

That was great! I can't wait for the finale now.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

So, we have another is he dead or alive on our hands. This time it's Richard. Smokie hit him in the chest hard and he flew into the jungle, but the hit didn't seem fatal. I'd be willing to be we'll see Richard again. I wonder what's going on with Ben. The MIB has offered the island to him once before and he turned it down. So i'm thinking its a survival thing. The MIB wants to destroy the island, which i already knew. Rather than actually destroy it though, i believe he's going to sink it somehow. Which is why i think the AR is the end result of whatever event takes place in the series finale.

Comment

i don't want jack to be the new island keeper/jacob. i want jack to end up happy with kate (and possibly getting that son he has in a side universe).

but did jacob give jack the right liquid to drink? didn't fakemom have him drink some type of wine?
        sally

sigpic

Comment

That episode was pretty boss. A nice set-up for the finale (Everyone in the sideways attending a concert of somesort, while Locke plans to destroy the island one last time with the others trying to stop him), and some great little moments that make you realise this is the end of the show (Bye bye Jacob, hello Jackob), Danielle and Ana Lucia cameos... Just fun all around.

Spoiler:
          Next week set-up at the concert, I call awesomeness if it works out this way: We've got Charlotte showing up, and concert may equal Daniel cameo too. Desmond may be bringing Penny, Hurley may be bringing Libby, and on the off chance Juliet is David's mother and Miles drags Sawyer along to the concert... Long story short, christ - happy ending/shipper's dream, much? There better be explosions. LOTS OF THEM!
          Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 18 May 2010, 10:19 PM.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The last esp left me in awww, with the feeling all along that it was going to be Jack that was going to replace Jacob, so this way Kate and Sawyer could be together, however what did Jacob give Jack to drink? Thats still a mystery right there, cause we don't exactly know if what he gave him to drink, was indeed to keep him alive and watch over the island. The flash sideways storyline was adventerous and interesting at the same time, with some of the old familiar faces.Wow I can't believe this is the very last espiode with only the seriers finale left to go,Sunday is going to be explosive, very explosive,I will truly miss this show very much, as I love all the charaters,some more than others of course. Yes there were many things that were answered and discover on this episode. Wonder what the series finale is going to reveal, will Richard still be alive or not?we just have to wait and see. how sad this has come to an end.I will have to start saving my money and start buying the seasons on dvd one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by giggles83 View Post
              The last esp left me in awww, with the feeling all along that it was going to be Jack that was going to replace Jacob, so this way Kate and Sawyer could be together, however what did Jacob give Jack to drink? Thats still a mystery right there, cause we don't exactly know if what he gave him to drink, was indeed to keep him alive and watch over the island. .
              see, i'm thinking the same thing.

jack didn't seem completely into taking this job (talk about a crappy job ), so maybe jacob knows this and is just using jack, until the real keeper reveals himself/herself...

i'd be fine with anyone being the keeper, but jack, kate, and sawyer. i guess b/c i can see better things for them, than being prisoner on the island for the rest of their lives. hmmm....
              sally

sigpic

Comment

What he drinks isn't what matters. It's how it's done. The drinking from the cup is more of a ritual oath while the real "transfer of power" comes from the prayer/spell that Jacob said before asking Jack to drink and Jack doing that was just his acceptance of the powers/responsibility.

I loved the look on Jacks face after he drank the water. He kinda had this expression like "I get it now."
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  What he drinks isn't what matters. It's how it's done. The drinking from the cup is more of a ritual oath while the real "transfer of power" comes from the prayer/spell that Jacob said before asking Jack to drink and Jack doing that was just his acceptance of the powers/responsibility.

I loved the look on Jacks face after he drank the water. He kinda had this expression like "I get it now."
                  dang, i didn't want it to take.

~i like jack's life in his side universe... he has a son, and they're in such a wonderful place, relationship wise~
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Great episode. I have a feeling this series finale will be epic.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, the people in the sideways universe can catch glimpses of their lives in the 'real' universe--it makes me wonder what would happen if our people in the real universe could catch glimpses of their lives in the sideways universe....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

ahahaaaahhah ben shot widmore pretty much in the back (never given a chance), not exactly the way i expected to see his end.It would have been nice to have had a Widmore centric episode. THAT would have been epic, spanning all of his years on the island. I swear they could so several TV movie backstory episodes in the future.

Here's to hoping.

I'm ready for the end. Everyone raise a glass.
                        When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Wow, it's all happening!!

I cannot express just how happy I was that Danielle returned for even a few minutes! Ana Lucia too. Eko and Shannon are the only main characters in LOST history who have yet to appear this season. That's crazy!

The acting in this one was also superb. In particular, Emerson and O'Quinn (the latter more so as AR Locke). Lilly and Holloway also get praise here. That Widmore was taken out in such a nonchalant manner was perfect, and just the way the sniveling idiot deserved to go.

Ben is clearly playing along with the Monster, and out of all the characters, I hope he is the one to actually kill the enemy if/when the time comes.

Finally, Giacchino's score is just too good! I can't wait to hear his much-loved leitmotifs and epic notes as we all enjoy the final hours of what has been a powerful and amazing show... here it comes!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Great episode, only problem i had was when everyone kept saying "Sayid, Jin and Sun are dead!!!!"

I was literally screaming at the tv every time "what about Lapidus ?"

I hate how he was forgotten, and it seems Richard is going the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                              Great episode, only problem i had was when everyone kept saying "Sayid, Jin and Sun are dead!!!!"

I was literally screaming at the tv every time "what about Lapidus ?"

I hate how he was forgotten, and it seems Richard is going the same way.
                              I think they may have covered it without anyone speaking. Wasnt Lapidus wearing a life jacket? Similar to the one washing up on shore when Jack was standing on the beach? I cant really remember and cant be bothered looking back lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X