This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas was planned to be Atlantis

I was reading an article with Corin Nemec, i read it at corinnemec.com (i think thats the url) and found out that his character was supposed to transfer to Stargate: Atlantis, but it didn't happen. If Jonas 'was' in the show, would you dislike the show or think nothing about it?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

My opinion would stay the same: I'll wait and judge it when i see it.
    However i would be more hopeful.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

i would think nothing of it, originally i wanted him to transfer to the spin-off, the character had good potential but was underused. I now think though that i am hap with how atlantis has turned out character wise and i cant wait to see how the characters relate to eachother and develop

Comment

I think both ways , i don't know, i have mixed feelings with Mckay being in the show...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

when i heard Mckay was in it i was so happy, its a good character and i never even considered putting him into atlantis

Comment

I think I would have been more encouraged, in general, to know that Jonas was supposed to be in Atlantis. First they dumped Corin completely, then they dumped Jessica Steen and replaced her with someone else, then they dumped one of the other characters and made him McKay instead... I'd have a much stronger sense that TPTB actually knew what they were doing and that they were committed to supporting the cast and the characters and the storyline itself. It would also help lessen my feeling that TPTB hate Jonas and want nothing more to do with him. I would have real hope for the show knowing that Jonas would be a part of it and that his storyline- especially all that tantalizing stuff about his genetics- wouldn't die and might actually have some significance.

I love McKay, I'm very glad he's going to be on the show and it does give me SOME hope, but I'd still much rather have seen Jonas. Or better yet, have them both! I can see a sick sort of friendship developing there.

Comment

who knows this is just the beginning theres still time for jonas to show up in atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
                who knows this is just the beginning theres still time for jonas to show up in atlantis
                Yeah, right. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Yeah, right. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

you say that and im thinin of santa's sleigh flying over kelowna

Comment

you say that and im thinin of santa's sleigh flying over kelowna
                    Yep, and there I am with a bow on my head, sitting under Jonas's tree...

Or were you thinking more of Santa Goa'uld?

Comment

Yep, and there I am with a bow on my head, sitting under Jonas's tree...

Or were you thinking more of Santa Goa'uld?
                      no i was just thinkin of the old guy flying around spreading the christmas cheer. what kind of present are you, perhaps a style consultant help him look more usable.

Comment

no i was just thinkin of the old guy flying around spreading the christmas cheer. what kind of present are you, perhaps a style consultant help him look more usable.
                        Oh, I can spread a little cheer when I want to. As for what kind of gift... research assistant, gal Friday, Jill of All Trades, personal promoter and a few other things which are best left unmentioned on a PG forum.

On topic: I still think having Jonas on Atlantis would have been better, even sight unseen. It might even restore a bit of my faith in TPTB... although likely I'd be glooming and dooming about what new horrors they'd visit upon his character in Atlantis.

Comment

still whats done is done, who knows miracles could happen, jonas could live on 34th street.

Comment

still whats done is done, who knows miracles could happen, jonas could live on 34th street.
                            *claps hands* I do believe in fairies! I do believe in fairies!

Wait, wrong movie.

And no, I am in no way saying that Jonas is a fairy.

Comment

And no, I am in no way saying that Jonas is a fairy.
                              you realise everytime you say that a kelownan fairy dies.

i think jonas would make a better elf than a fairy

Comment

Working...
                              X