PDA

View Full Version : Pain: Favorite Moments [spoilers]

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Okay, you know the drill, favorite moments, list and enjoy!

-TJ/Young scene
-Rush and his mighty shiv of justice!
-opening scene :p
-Chloe/Young scene where they're walking down the corridor
-Eli and Scott having to, together, take Chloe to the infirmary
-scene outside the infirmary where all the civilians are waiting and the military goes by. There's less fear of the military there and more relief that they're there
-Rush calling for Young

more when the coffee kicks in

Major_Griff
May 15th, 2010, 08:14 AM
The end when the gate opens and there's that ominous feeling about having to send another team out there with the potential of getting into more trouble.

DigiFluid
May 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
When James clocked 'Scott' with the lamp and he fell to the floor dead.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 15th, 2010, 08:18 AM
The end when the gate opens and there's that ominous feeling about having to send another team out there with the potential of getting into more trouble.

There really was a palpable feeling of dread there, wasn't there?

Oh, i also liked Park's little slip in the infirmary :p

Egle01
May 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Young: ... if you feel any different, you see anything out of the usual-
TJ: No, believe me, I'm as concerned about this as you are.

Rush's hallucinations, so damn frightening.

s09119
May 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM

I felt bad at how much I was laughing :(

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM

I liked that moment too, and also how close they were standing, but not too close, still well within the personal space bubble though. I like it :)

hedwig
May 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Ditto. It must a frightening hallucination, but must be how she felt about him dumping her.

Plus, Greer's hallucination was downright frightening as well.

Cute scene with Dr. Park in the infirmary.

The blue aliens searching the ship for Rush.

Lahela
May 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
When Greer saw his father - that was such a powerful moment. In fact the whole Greer hallucination journey.

The gate engaging at the end - the sense of dread was really intense.

Volker. OMG, as someone who is more than a little claustrophobic, I was gritting my teeth so hard when he thought he was in that box. :S Damn but he played that well.

Riley. He is such a smooth operator, so cool and just... well, awesome.

ZGoten
May 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
It was awesome when Rush imagined aliens coming trhough the stargate, because that was one of the major spoilers from the season 1.5 trailer, which eventually didn't happen, because it was just a hallucination. They fooled me with that, and that feeling was awesome.

I just hoped the other major spoiler scene from the trailer was a hallucination as well....

Morganrone93
May 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Another thing that came to mind when the blue aliens came through the gate was.

DOH!

I really longed for another encounter, instead of a big encounter, we got ticks!

But I loved everyones hallucinations, especially the very first by James, I was like, oh daem, and then I remembered Scotts, interview earlier, there he said the 1.5 part of the season was absolutly real scary.

favorite was Rush getting trapped in that glass jail, then the panic, oh the panic. Also with the alien outside hes door, darn he was so scared. I guess I would of fainted or hid under the bed, hah.

Volkers scenes was also amazing.

Good ep!

aretood2
May 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
James killing Scot....I don't know why but I thought that was :eek: and it really got me watching the episode, thus my favorite moment...

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Any and every scene with Rush. He made this episode. I LOVED seeing him terrified. Such a great actor. Plus now we know that least 3 ways he would kill a Blue: 1) bare hands, 2) with a pipe 3) with a shiv

Shai Hulud
May 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Wray getting stabbed with a screwdriver by Rush has to be up there!

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Wray getting stabbed with a screwdriver by Rush has to be up there!

I found it interesting that Wray was "real" in that scene, and she just got a big insight into what frightens Greer. Now what will she do with it? Will it open her eyes or will she find a way to work it into a scheme?

Tykari
May 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Riley's "Just remember the bug spray." comment :P

Kaeb
May 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Greer: I'm done with you.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
The scene with Young and Scott in the infirmary where Scott had to be resuscitated had to be really hard on Young :(

shadowball2021
May 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
There are too many to say but all of Rush's scenes and Greer's were up there for me. :D Also, the opening with James cracking Scott's head open was intense-I was like "HOLY S***T!!!" :eek:

Lt. Jeffer
May 15th, 2010, 09:07 PM
when rush saved the day with an pipe (again) and all the other scenes with rush and the smurfs
the goodbye scene with chloe and her father

PG15
May 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
"Well, look at you now: sailing through the Universe, exploring galaxies and planets. You're living my dream, kiddo."

hiro
May 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
i start making modifications to the personality of Scott that i had in mind, next when i see him talking with Dr Volker i restore the original thoughts about him (Eli wait a little more !)

like that !

Riley's "Just remember the bug spray." comment :P

and i will add :
Young: Our luck's got to change at some point.

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
greer holding rush and ioa girl :D

EllieVee
May 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm still waiting for a proper Begbie moment from RC ... :D

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM

He would have to shave his beard and coif it into a stache first :D

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 07:46 PM

im waiting for him to call jack bauer for help

Brinzy
May 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I really enjoyed the scenes between Chloe and her dad. I also liked the Rush story. Didn't realize how much he actually feared getting captured by the aliens again (plus it was nice watching him go to town on everyone). There are some other specific moments I liked but can't remember them all right now.

-Bryan
sff-hub.blogspot.com

EllieVee
May 16th, 2010, 10:11 PM
He would have to shave his beard and coif it into a stache first :D

And dress in Pringle (http://www.pringlescotland.com/) argyle patterns.

rust
May 16th, 2010, 10:31 PM

First post.. and this is what I've decided to quote. It was my favorite episode merely for this alone.

MattSilver 3k
May 16th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Greer's "I know you're in here, Russssssssssshhhhh."

A quirky little elongation of the "sh" sound. Gotta love Jamil's acting there.

icsteffi
May 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
For some reason I only like James when she's crying. Well she's alright, but I thought her telling Young "I'm so sorry" was the best part. I was wondering what she was going to do. Hide the body, or what. :)

garhkal
May 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Any and every scene with Rush. He made this episode. I LOVED seeing him terrified. Such a great actor. Plus now we know that least 3 ways he would kill a Blue: 1) bare hands, 2) with a pipe 3) with a shiv

The pipe scene rules for me. Followed by the Shiving of Wray.

ladypredator
May 17th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Agreed - every single Rush scene in the episode. Carlyle's just so bloody fantastic. Plus, Greer's supposed to be this big, scary perfect soldier and Rush went circles around him, literally. He got the drop on Greer twice, as well as taking down a couple of other soldiers.

I also loved seeing James give Scott hell. Long past due, even if she was hallucinating it.

And Riley's bug spray comment at the end was a classic line.

ladypredator
May 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM

He came pretty close getting Wray with the screwdriver and Greer with the pipe. Loved seeing him outwit Greer.

ancientaction
May 19th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Rush's vision, mainly at the end, when the crew get inside to rescue them, and you realize at that moment that he is still Hallucinating.

The end, when you see that every affected person really isn't the same anymore. definatly gave the vibe that they cant just go on like they were.

SG7
May 19th, 2010, 06:05 AM

I liked that moment too, and also how close they were standing, but not too close, still well within the personal space bubble though. I like it :)

Their scenes together were my favorite. And that moment was the best! With Young being concerned about TJ and TJ just wanting to help everyone else on the ship.

Want to see more TJ or TJ/Young moments like those! :)

Carter1994
May 20th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Riley, as usual! And this line, by Scott, made me laugh:

"No weird things out of the corner of your eye?"

Sorry... no connection whatsoever, but I couldn't help but think about The Eleventh Hour. :P So yeah...