PDA

View Full Version : Chloe - "welcome to our new galaxy"

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
They reference an away team to the last planet.
Eli and Chloe are not one that list of people.
This means it is not the planet WE last saw.

In the infirmary when discussing the newly sighted 'bug' on the back of the neck, Chloe says:
"Welcome to our new galaxy"

This would follow being in a new galaxy.

Did we just skip over the entire void?
That was pretty damn fast, now I can not wait for the next '(x) weeks' update, last we heard they left the last galaxy at like 22-23weeks I think.

Pharaoh Atem
May 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
They reference an away team to the last planet.
Eli and Chloe are not one that list of people.
This means it is not the planet WE last saw.

In the infirmary when discussing the newly sighted 'bug' on the back of the neck, Chloe says:

This would follow being in a new galaxy.

Did we just skip over the entire void?
That was pretty damn fast, now I can not wait for the next '(x) weeks' update, last we heard they left the last galaxy at like 22-23weeks I think.
the ftl was improved and it would be boring to watch the ship cross the void

Shan Bruce Lee
May 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
the ftl was improved and it would be boring to watch the ship cross the void

Yeah I'm not really surprised they skipped over the chance to show the crew stuck sitting around the ship with nowhere to go and no way for anything to get to them.

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
No argument there! lol
But I hope the next update we get timeline wise adds at least a few weeks to account for the void....

But the distance, I was thinking there would be at least 1 or 2 episodes in the void.
Or the Lucian Aliance arc would take place while in the void.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM
How were Eli and Vhloe not on that list, they gated to the ship while still in the void, they were 2 of the last people to enter Destiny through the gate along with Scott? Hmmm :mad:

She could be referring to not being in the Milky Way, as not in their "home" galaxy anymore.

I do agree that I didn't expect them to get there so fast, or if it only took an episode they would at least do some cinematic effects that made it seem like over a month went by.

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
How were Eli and Vhloe not on that list, they gated to the ship while still in the void, they were 2 of the last people to enter Destiny through the gate along with Scott? Hmmm :mad:

She could be referring to not being in the Milky Way, as not in their "home" galaxy anymore.

They talk about an away team, and list 4 names that were on that planet, 3 being the first 3 to get sick.
Young talks to Chloe in a hallway and explains this to her, but does not act as if she is included in such list.

And I think this episode could very well have taken place while in the void, then the bug could be from any number of planets....
Void does not mean boring, just means you needa be more creative, like putting nightmare hallucinating bugs in your head.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
People who have recently been off world = Scott, Chloe, Eli and Greer + everyone who went to save them...:sam34:

Major_Griff
May 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah they should have made it that they got the ticks on the planet from Human with the ruins and that they were still in the void during this episode.

s09119
May 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think it referred to the planet the away team was trapped on, and Chloe referencing that as their "new galaxy" as opposed to the Milky Way.

Could have been clarified a little better, but oh well.

Cory Holmes
May 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Yeah I'm not really surprised they skipped over the chance to show the crew stuck sitting around the ship with nowhere to go and no way for anything to get to them.

That's something I was really looking forward to, actually. The PTBs have gone to great lengths to make this more hard sci-fi than soft sci-fi, and I thought it would be neat to show how tremendous the void between the galaxies was by keeping them all trapped on the ship for a few episodes.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I think it referred to the planet the away team was trapped on, and Chloe referencing that as their "new galaxy" as opposed to the Milky Way.

Possibly, but Rush and his team never made it to that planet and he got one, so maybe it was one of the planets closer to Destiny that all the away teams hit.

s09119
May 14th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Possibly, but Rush and his team never made it to that planet and he got one, so maybe it was one of the planets closer to Destiny that all the away teams hit.

I took it as one of the bugs jumped to Rush. Remember, more than one came back with each person, allowing for those that didn't go to have the hallucinations.

jds1982
May 14th, 2010, 07:46 PM
The end of the episode where the gate connected to a new planet made it pretty obvious they were already in the new galaxy, so they have indeed skipped over being in the void.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah I expected it to take a while or somehow the passing of time to be more obvious, I thought at least one month.

Kaiphantom
May 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, at first I thought it was the Spider Ruins planet where they got the ticks, but no one seemed to think to check Eli, Chloe, and Greer, so it made it seem like it was another planet. Was there a planet in the void they went to?

The only thing I can think of, is that it was the first planet in the new Galaxy they went to, and thus happened off-screen. Which kinda grates on me, because it takes away a bit of the impact on the last scene, with the gate finally being open again, and them knowing they have to step through for more supplies, but the ticks fresh in their mind.

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Just finished the episode, and them gating to a planet, check does confirm we are in the next galaxy.
Lets see what they have for us.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I took it as one of the bugs jumped to Rush. Remember, more than one came back with each person, allowing for those that didn't go to have the hallucinations.

Possible, but how do they know at this point. I would think that Rush hit the same planet, and why didn't Eli or Chloe have one originally?

s09119
Possible, but how do they know at this point. I would think that Rush hit the same planet, and why didn't Eli or Chloe have one originally?

Does everyone who walks into a forest pick up a tick? Come on.

Spimman
A little more of a teaser from the new Galaxy would have been really cool...

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Alien ticks are super aggressive ;)

s09119
May 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Alien ticks are super aggressive ;)

And super weird... I wouldn't mind picking one of those up provided it gave me an awesome hallucination for a few hours.

Kentucky
May 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM

Depending on the forest... Heck yeah. Spend enough time roaming through thick woods or high grass and you will beyond a doubt have at least one tick crawling around on you somewhere.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Especially since Chloe knew it wasn't real, how about James hallucination part one? Not too bad on a lonely ship :lol:

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
And super weird... I wouldn't mind picking one of those up provided it gave me an awesome hallucination for a few hours.

Thats right, the only space drug we know of is Kasa, but we all know there is some kick ass stuff out there!

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Depending on the forest... Heck yeah. Spend enough time roaming through thick woods or high grass and you will beyond a doubt have at least one tick crawling around on you somewhere.

True, but somehow I never get them and I have spent quite a bit of time camping...I'm fairly cautious about where I sleep though...I hate ticks

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Thats right, the only space drug we know of is Kasa, but we all know there is some kick ass stuff out there!

Next episode, the find a previously unknown area of the ship where they discover a plant similar to marijuana but not quite the same :lol: Or maybe a planet...

randomking
May 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM
ya and if you think about how long a still takes it has been some time...but are they going to portray this with the "baby mama"?

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 08:04 PM
TJ would be the obvious way to show time pass, but something being built or something else could have been done...plenty of ways...a montage?

s09119
May 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
TJ would be the obvious way to show time pass, but something being built or something else could have been done...plenty of ways...a montage?

TJ did look a little bigger, I thought. When she was talking to Young in the infirmary, she had a noticeable bulge. I still would have liked a more obvious method of showing the passing of time, though.

Shan Bruce Lee
May 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
People who have recently been off world = Scott, Chloe, Eli and Greer + everyone who went to save them...:sam34:

lol They're in a new galaxy now and they were referring to a team that had went off world since then.

Pharaoh Atem
May 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM

like the doctor would say. boring ride.

pipi
May 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
There was potential for more drama during the long voyage, like running out of food, cannibalism, going insane... but oh well.

GoodSmeagol
May 14th, 2010, 09:15 PM
There was potential for more drama during the long voyage, like running out of food, cannibalism, going insane... but oh well.

Getting cool alien bugs in your head... Stabbing chicks with screw drivers? Good times!

Gollumpus
May 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Initially I was in the "What, no episode dealing with the trip through the void between galaxies?" camp. However, other than having an episode dealing with boredom, lack of food (even boring food) and water, and whatever else they could put into such an episode, how would that be substantially different from the current show?

Maybe we could have had an episode of Rush and Young playing chess? Lots and lots of chess...

regards,
G.

PS - or perhaps an expansion of the practical joke kinosode could have been done.

LeonK
May 14th, 2010, 11:54 PM
They went through the void, entered the system, gated to world....then the show catches up with them....and they've made no progress re: anything during all that time?

pipi
May 15th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Getting cool alien bugs in your head... Stabbing chicks with screw drivers? Good times!

All that happen in the new galaxy. Are you trying to go somewhere with this?

TheRandomOne
May 15th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Maybe some Kino Webisodes will take place during the void trip

Pharaoh Atem
May 15th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Maybe some Kino Webisodes will take place during the void trip

the new one probably does.

garhkal
May 15th, 2010, 04:12 AM

We know Scott had one, greer had one chloe had one, and most of the rescue team. So why not Eli?

Quadhelix
May 15th, 2010, 06:08 AM
We know Scott had one, greer had one chloe had one, and most of the rescue team. So why not Eli?
Because they didn't pick up the ticks in "Human"/"Lost," they picked them up some time after "Sabotage."

The initial carriers were Scott, James, Volker, "snake guy," and the scientist woman. Chloe's tick came off of Scott during the episode (it jumped from him to her after they tried to pull it off), while Greer and Rush got their ticks from either Scott or one of the other carriers.

Outlast
May 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
It did seem odd the way they just skipped over the void without a further mention or a montage of day to day life in the void. Rush/Young playing chess, Rush wins over and over again and then finally at the end of the montage Young finally wins a game and Rush is perplexed, TJ’s growing belly, lots of shots of people looking out at nothingness and a rapidly receding galaxy on the observation deck ect. And apparently the psychedelic ticks were picked up on a planet we didn’t even see them visit. I feel like I missed an episode somewhere.

Where do they post those kino vids btw?

s09119
May 15th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Because they didn't pick up the ticks in "Human"/"Lost," they picked them up some time after "Sabotage."

The initial carriers were Scott, James, Volker, "snake guy," and the scientist woman. Chloe's tick came off of Scott during the episode (it jumped from him to her after they tried to pull it off), while Greer and Rush got their ticks from either Scott or one of the other carriers.

I'm actually starting to think you're right. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes that the ticks have done nothing since "Human," making it more likely that they've arrived in the new galaxy and picked them up on a mission to a planet there.

TK Cale
May 15th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I felt that this episode and the previous one don't fit well together. I was kinda hoping for an episode or two that take place in the void as well.

Rush said that the blues where obsessed with Destiny, obsessed for how long? Have they followed it throw more than one galaxy? Maybe some evidence on whether or not the blues are able to follow them to the new galaxy would have been nice.

pipi
May 16th, 2010, 12:14 AM
As the first episode in a new galaxy it was a bit tame. It'd be better if they actually showed them going through the stargate.

ThePlut
May 16th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I'm ok with them skipping over the void, but there needs to be a reference to it. How long did they search for Franklin? A month? Would it take more than a few days to search all of the accessible areas of the ship? I mean, they made such a big deal previously about how long it would take to cross and Destiny not having enough power to run that long at FTL... How long can Destiny travel in FTL without recharging now?

Kinda a big gap.

AutumnDream
May 16th, 2010, 07:13 AM

Actually, when I read the episode premise I thought that the hallucinations were going to be a result of being in the void. I was pretty intrigued by the concept, but in the end it was just... alien bugs.

pipi
May 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
The alien bug storyline was a bit cheezy. And the hallucinations just had to have a bad side effect in general. If all the hallucinations were of a more happy nature or even erotic, would have been awesome.

Gollumpus
May 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Just being a nit-picker: I thought it was Cpl. Barnes who said that...

regards,
G.

Eternal Density
May 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Maybe something from the 'void' will show up in a Kinosode. Other than that, I guess they could have done a montage but then the anti-montage people would be complaining, so there's no way to win.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Maybe something from the 'void' will show up in a Kinosode. Other than that, I guess they could have done a montage but then the anti-montage people would be complaining, so there's no way to win.

Green! We could all do without that :D