Aliens and the communication stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens and the communication stones

How could the aliens connect to James without a terminal in which to put the stones? We know the only way the Ancient link works is if there is an Ancient terminal or human made terminal in which to put the stones. Did the aliens some how manage to build one? If so, how?
    Also, how was Young able to connect to the alien the first time? Since the alien had just a stone, and not a terminal, how was that possible?

i think whoever touched the stone last is the one that will connect with. but we dont know if aliens have the terminal or not. if they have a stone then why wont they have a terminal? what i dont understand is how did humans reverse engineer the ancient terminal into a small package one? when we barely know how it works?
    sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if we're watching the same show It's not even a little subtle tidbit for keen viewers, given there were two consecutive episodes featuring these aliens, clearly showing they had tech that works along the same principles as the stones. Sorry but seriously c'mon!
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

those aliens dont have tech that works on the same principles as the stones, what are you referring to? that thing they put on their heads is for reading minds not hijacking bodies.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          i think whoever touched the stone last is the one that will connect with. but we dont know if aliens have the terminal or not. if they have a stone then why wont they have a terminal? what i dont understand is how did humans reverse engineer the ancient terminal into a small package one? when we barely know how it works?
          Perhaps the terminal was only fancy battery. The real tech is inside the stone.

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
          Did the aliens some how manage to build one? If so, how?
          They must have built their own version. How is not really important, SGU seems to shun the technical aspects of the plot and focus more on the rest. Too bad, this was one of my favorite parts of SG1 and SGA.

Also, how was Young able to connect to the alien the first time? Since the alien had just a stone, and not a terminal, how was that possible?
          It's possible that they were already experimenting with the stone but at the time had no idea just how it worked (the Blue Alien that got transfered in Young's body seemed very surprised).
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post

They must have built their own version. How is not really important, SGU seems to shun the technical aspects of the plot and focus more on the rest. Too bad, this was one of my favorite parts of SG1 and SGA.
            We were only able to build our own version probably after studying the Ancient version. It's hard to believe that we could have figured out how to build one without the Ancients terminal since no one would have known that they can be used for body swapping

Comment

We were only able to build our own version probably after studying the Ancient version. It's hard to believe that we could have figured out how to build one without the Ancients terminal since no one would have known that they can be used for body swapping
              The only pedestal that we know of was destroyed by Mitchel and Teal'c. Thrown into ans unstable vortex of an Stargate to save Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran from beign burn to death by an Ori Prior and the Chaplain. So it was possible to reverse it with out having it, just by the stones.

Yes they have. If the Aliens did not have an pedestal it would have worked only one way young->Alien. Though the alien did connect to young.

It's possible that they were already experimenting with the stone but at the time had no idea just how it worked (the Blue Alien that got transfered in Young's body seemed very surprised).
              They managed to acquire an stone from Rush. I do remember young saying to rush that he had an stone since the beginning of the show. After that they probed Rush's mind and learned what it was. And since we had easily reverse engendered it so could they. Surprised, yes, since he was not expecting to be transfered, not because he did not know what it was.
              Last edited by Steelbox; 11 May 2010, 05:07 AM.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

yeah they did take Rush's stone but they left his glasses, why is that? something is fishy here.
                sigpic

Comment

yeah they did take Rush's stone but they left his glasses, why is that? something is fishy here.
                  If I were you, I wouldn't be so sure that the aliens got the stone from Rush.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    If I were you, I wouldn't be so sure that the aliens got the stone from Rush.
                    why? do you have it? what are you gonna do with it? leave me alone man, i done nothin to you.
                    sigpic

Comment

why? do you have it? what are you gonna do with it?
                      They had 5 stones in the box. When Rush first opened it, there were 5 stones. When he went to talk to the crew, he could have easily said that they have 4 stones (had he taken one to himself), but he didn't. It'd be obvious if one stone had been missing.

What would Rush gain by having a communication stone? He has no one to visit on Earth. Moreover, what was he going to do with a stone on another planet? Doesn't make any sense at all.
                      sigpic

Comment

They had 5 stones in the box. When Rush first opened it, there were 5 stones. When he went to talk to the crew, he could have easily said that they have 4 stones (had he taken one to himself), but he didn't. It'd be obvious if one stone had been missing.

What would Rush gain by having a communication stone? He has no one to visit on Earth. Moreover, what was he going to do with a stone on another planet? Doesn't make any sense at all.
                        so you just disputed your own argument. cool, can i join in next time?
                        sigpic

Comment

so you just disputed your own argument.
                          Did I?
                          sigpic

Comment

you're suggesting Rush's involvement with the Lucian Alliance? LA have nothing to offer Rush, unless he wants a sarcophagus for his wife.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bang you, right from the transcript of Divided, of your beloved god, gateworld! Wouldn't be obvious if you didn't know that there was originally 5 stones instead of 4.

Spoiler:

Some time later, Destiny has come out of F.T.L. Rush walks into the office of Colonel Everett Young.

RUSH: We need to talk.

YOUNG: I was thinking the same thing.

RUSH: Were you, now?

YOUNG: The communication stones.

RUSH (shrugging): What about them?

YOUNG: You took one. It's the only explanation. You were the first to open the box; you kept one for yourself.

RUSH: And why would I do that?

YOUNG: Maybe you thought it was some kind of insurance policy. I don't know. You probably thought it wasn't safe to keep in your room, especially after that whole incident with Spencer's gun, so you kept one with you.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                              X