That song was very jarring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That song was very jarring

Anyone else not fond of the music choice in this episode?

No, I liked it.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked it, as well. I've been enjoying the music, so no complaints.
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Does anyone here know what the song was named? I am too tired to search for it atm, sorry.
        When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
          Does anyone here know what the song was named? I am too tired to search for it atm, sorry.
          According to MattSilver:

For the curious, today's song was by Interpol frontman's alias Julian Plenti, called "Only If You Run", from his first album "Skyscraper"

Youtube link for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt40__1OlqU
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Every song in this show is jarring, though. More proof of how not-Stargate this stupid show really is.

But seriously, I liked it
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I liked it, it fit with the show. But I'm not going to listen to it again though.
              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I liked it. I've even downloaded it and I have it on my cell phone.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope. I loved it.

All songs used on the show so far were very fitting, IMO, but this one was the first I liked on its own, as a song to listen to, not just SGU supplement. In fact, I liked it so much that I downloaded it and have it on my iPod.
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I've hated all of the montages in SGU and am saddened to see them being used again. What a waste of storytelling time.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      I've hated all of the montages in SGU and am saddened to see them being used again. What a waste of storytelling time.
                      ...it's like 30 seconds to a minute.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think they spend too much time on those music montages and personal dramas. Where's the big alien space fights? I mean we got a battle that lasted like what, five minutes? I'm trying hard to like SGU, because I just don't wanna give up on the franchise, but besides Rush I find it all pretty irritating. Especially the music, yes.
                        sigpic
                        The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
                          I think they spend too much time on those music montages and personal dramas. Where's the big alien space fights? I mean we got a battle that lasted like what, five minutes? I'm trying hard to like SGU, because I just don't wanna give up on the franchise, but besides Rush I find it all pretty irritating. Especially the music, yes.
                          Are you complaining about Universe or the first 5 or so seasons of SG-1?

Comment

I like the music and I like the show - yes that's right, a sci-fi show that's not all about alien space battles and weapon blasts.
                            sigpic

Comment

As a whole, I've enjoy the music choices for the entire SGU series, including the main themes and the trailers. I've even purchased a few of them. However, the song in Sabotage was the first one that felt "off" to me. Not that I strongly disliked it, it was just odd.

Oh, and the montages are some of my favorite parts of the episodes that have them. There have been way too many big space battles in the decades of sci-fi TV and movies, in the past. This new format is soo much more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X