PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Marshall

Homer 120
May 9th, 2010, 02:46 AM
I gotta say, Barbara Marshall did a FANTASTIC job with this episode! And is it true she's never written for Stargate before? Anyone else wish that TPTB would hire her full time?

thekillman
May 9th, 2010, 03:05 AM
i'm not up to date with all the writers. Faith was freelance too. in fact, in the previous shows some of the best things were made by freelancers *including the asgard*. so it's a great thing to do IMO.

remember though that most freelance episodes get a rewrite

MattSilver 3k
May 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Faith and Human were both also freelance.

The thing is, we don't know how much of the script is hers, and how much is revisions by the Powers That Be. But if she wrote the majority of this episode without being written over too much, good on her.

thekillman
May 9th, 2010, 04:17 AM
it's mostly the ideas that stick and the execution which gets rewritten. essentially the core ideas stay, while the writers add them in differently

EvilSpaceAlien
May 9th, 2010, 06:28 AM
i'm not up to date with all the writers. Faith was freelance too. in fact, in the previous shows some of the best things were made by freelancers *including the asgard*. so it's a great thing to do IMO.

remember though that most freelance episodes get a rewrite

Nope. The first Asgard episodes were all written by staff writers. Thor's Hammer and Thor's Chariot were written by former staff writer Katharyn Powers, while The Fifth Race was written by Robert Cooper.