Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Young was writing

Spoiler:

Above is a flipped image of the envelope that Young was writing. Can anyone make anything out of this?

It says "Matthew"

It's a last will kind of I guess, he wrote another to TJ too.
    Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
      It says "Matthew"

It's a last will kind of I guess, he wrote another to TJ too.
      That was my guess. Sort of a good-bye and instructions on how to proceed should the chair render him incapacitated.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think he meant the depressions in the paper, which were obviously the actual words of the letter.

And no, I can't read it. Hopefully it'll be followed up on later.

Comment

someone with photo shop could flip the image and then trace the words

Comment

I can make out "you are reading this now,", which is from the common opening of letters military personnel who are entering combat/critical missions: "If you are reading this now, it means I'm dead....."

I would say Young is leaving command and some fatherly words to Scott as well as some kind words to TJ and his baby, maybe a will as mentioned earlier. Nothing unusual about that. IMO, very sentimental.

Comment

I grabbed an HD screencap and tried to clear it up some with photoshop. The following passages are what I was able to pick out. The words in parenthesis are best guesses.

Matthew,
              ...you are reading this now, I am dead...

...(negatives or negotiate)...

...(is) responsibility, but it is not all...

...You are excellent...

...lack of power "does not...

...your self...

Comment

Working...
              X