So the writers changed their minds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the writers changed their minds?

about the sex with the quadriplegic? because of the controversy? or did they plan it to be like this all along?
    sigpic

Yes, we definitely didn't overreact. Obviously, they'd have screwed everything up if it weren't for us crying foul.

Comment

I never saw what the problem was, people should get some regardless of disabilities, like when they're back on Earth the crew have no problem getting their groove on and on and on once more and going out getting hammered in a club regardless of who's body they're in, but its not cool on the ship... pfffft
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
        about the sex with the quadriplegic? because of the controversy? or did they plan it to be like this all along?
        Was it ever actually said that there would be any sex? Or did fandom characteristically draw its own conclusion, then repeat it so many times that everyone thought it was fact? Because I can't count the amount of times that happened on Mallozzi's blog. Someone would paraphrase something he said incorrectly in an anti thread, then when it didn't happen he'd be called a liar for something he never said in the first place. As far as I can remember the casting call referenced 'intimate' scenes and nothing more.

Comment

Is a fact truly a fact if it is ignored? It is, but you get the idea.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
            Was it ever said they were going to be having sex for sure? Besides, the writing was done before fandom [prematurely] erupted into [unwarranted] fury.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Here's the official casting call for the character of Eleanor, tentatively slated for episode 16:

[ELEANOR PERRY] (35-40) and quite attractive. A brilliant scientist who happens to be a quadriplegic. Affected since childhood, her disability has rendered her body physically useless. However, after being brought on board the Destiny as the only person who may be able to save the ship and her crew from certain annihilation, she is given temporary powers that enable her to walk again and to finally experience intimacy. Strong guest lead. NAMES PREFERRED. ACTRESS MUST BE PHYSICALLY THIN. (THINK CALISTA FLOCKHART).

In the casting sides, they show Eleanor-as-Camille first flirting with and then kissing co-worker Eli Wallace (David Blue), but he stops her and says, "it's not you, it's, it's Wray. And not that I wouldn't want to with her, she's very attractive, I just don't think would want to with me."

Eleanor-as-Camille says "I understand," and then proceeds to have sex with the group's leader, Dr. Nicholas Rush (Robert Carlyle).

Here's how the casting sides describes the lead up, after Rush walks Eleanor-as-Camille to her room on the ship.

INT. DESTINY - WRAY'S QUARTERS -- NIGHT

They enter. And then they're kissing. Softly at first, but with swiftly increasing intensity.

RUSH'S POV: WRAY is staring back at him as she removes her top, revealing her undergarments.

RUSH -- doesn't miss a beat, and they embrace again.
              http://www.afterellen.com/blwe/08-14-09

So yeah, they changed their minds.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                http://www.afterellen.com/blwe/08-14-09

So yeah, they changed their minds.
                Again, you're assuming the same situation we saw wasn't written in 5 seconds later... they begin preparation for sex, but then Rush stops it before it goes too far. You can't call it on what you've provided that the fans changed it.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Writers make up scenes all the time when they cast characters. Its a way to see the acting of the actor while minimizing spoilers
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps something was actually filmed, but was edited out at the last minute. Happens a lot. Scenes on SG1 and SGA were filmed and then deleted for lack of time or some other reason. I'm sure they are and will be doing the same on SGU.

Comment

I doubt whether it was ever in the script at all.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        I doubt whether it was ever in the script at all.
                        this is the first i heard about this
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think the writers just put it down to earth perfectly. At some point, we must respect Wray contributions and not violate her body even if most of us don't like her. I think Rush understand the moral very wisely. The chair has prepared him for that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                            I think the writers just put it down to earth perfectly. At some point, we must respect Wray contributions and not violate her body even if most of us don't like her. I think Rush understand the moral very wisely. The chair has prepared him for that moment.
                            well we have to remid that Wray violate his human vessel when he go back on earth with his girlfriend, but i think that the scene with Rush is so beautiful

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            this is the first i heard about this
                            yeap me too
                            Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Originally posted by hiro View Post
                              well we have to remid that Wray violate his human vessel when he go back on earth with his girlfriend, but i think that the scene with Rush is so beautiful.
                              Uh, ... Wray is a woman, not a man. And beyond being kissed by her life partner back on earth, Wray couldn't do anything given that she was in the body of a quadraplegic who had to have breathing tubes and all sorts of other mechanical equipment just to keep her body alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X