PDA

View Full Version : Flying Keno Bomb idea

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM
It may be time for the crew to take apart a keno and mate it with a bit of C4. Painting a face on the thing may give it some personality. :mad: a mad keno! Use it to blow the stuffing out of those alien ships on the other side of the gate.

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Flying Keno Bomb?

Brilliant! Pick the wrong numbers, and you're aspolded!

NormaN
May 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
That's genius, not even Rush would of thought of that.

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
yes, let's waste C-4

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
yes, let's waste C-4

If they can make a functioning still, they can make some sort of functioning explosive without bringing out the C4.

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Nitrate some Glycerol and Wala! If the can isolate and extract dye from funky sweet potatoes then why not?

General Jumper One
May 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Send the Kino bomb and a remote through the gate, the Aliens pick it up, press a button and BOOM!

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
It may be time for the crew to take apart a keno and mate it with a bit of C4. Painting a face on the thing may give it some personality. :mad: a mad keno! Use it to blow the stuffing out of those alien ships on the other side of the gate.

That is my favorite part of your flying Kino bomb.

Alien encounter
May 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM
what?? they have some unlimited supply of kino or what ?

anyone counted how many kinos they lost till its discovery? :mckay:

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Destiny ****s kenos! The despencer looks like a urinal in Eli's first bedroom.

hiro
May 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
yes, let's waste C-4

agree! If they are intelligent smurfs capable of implanting a tracking device in a human chest , they wouldn't fall in a easy trap !
Beside of this we have to remember that when the kino land on that planet the first thing they do was open fire ! so i think that's a silly idea

what?? they have some unlimited supply of kino or what ?

anyone counted how many kinos they lost till its discovery? :mckay:

I remember a different threat where this was said , the threat ended sowing a scene of the virtual destiny travel (somewere in the mgm stargate site) that points the kino dispenser as a manufacture too (the kino is build there !)

KEK
May 8th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I doubt C4 would do much damage in a vacuum.

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 11:43 PM
well if this show is going to make it past the first or second season, then the producers of the show should try and think a bit more out of the box.... they need to make weapons because they are going to run out of supplys .. this is Stargate! lots of killing! lots of death! a lot more cliche.

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I doubt C4 would do much damage in a vacuum.

it would work better in a vacuum... no resistance... the gate on the planet was not in a vacuum

pipi
May 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM
how about strap some paints to the kino and use it to graffiti the alien ships. :O) pwnd

fmbchris
May 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
how about strap some paints to the kino and use it to graffiti the alien ships. :O) pwnd

well ok then! y not just shoot paint balls at the alien ships insted of little bursts of dim light.

Ragitsu
May 9th, 2010, 04:18 AM
it would work better in a vacuum... no resistance... the gate on the planet was not in a vacuum

Excuse me? Explosions actually are less effective in a vacuum.

Phenomenological
May 9th, 2010, 05:42 AM
It would be less effective over long ranges in a vacuum, but over short ranges (A few metres) it wouldn't make too much difference I don't think. The force in a C4 detonation is caused by the superheated gas particles expanding outwards rapidly, and the gas in question is produced upon detonation of the explosive. So it would still pack a hell of a punch up close. But as there would be no air particles to propagate the shockwave, it wouldn't have a very large damage radius.

JustAnotherVoice
May 9th, 2010, 07:18 AM

This. Explosives use pressure waves to do damage (unless specifically designed to use shrapnel). Surface explosives use air as the medium, torpedoes use water. Without a medium to transfer the force, it fizzles out very quickly.

On a related note, they probably didn't bring all that much C4 with them. It probably wasn't on the list of emergency evac supplies, and a lot of what they did bring, probably went into that explosion a few episodes back. If they strapped everything they had left onto a Kino for one "big" bang in space, then they're dumber than anyone could give them credit for, and too-stupid-to-live if they try to make more than one flying bomb.

fmbchris
May 9th, 2010, 07:38 AM

ok . thanks for the clarification. Im no expert, But there was an atmosphere on the other side of the gate not a vacuum.

fmbchris
May 9th, 2010, 07:43 AM
This. Explosives use pressure waves to do damage (unless specifically designed to use shrapnel). Surface explosives use air as the medium, torpedoes use water. Without a medium to transfer the force, it fizzles out very quickly.

On a related note, they probably didn't bring all that much C4 with them. It probably wasn't on the list of emergency evac supplies, and a lot of what they did bring, probably went into that explosion a few episodes back. If they strapped everything they had left onto a Kino for one "big" bang in space, then they're dumber than anyone could give them credit for, and too-stupid-to-live if they try to make more than one flying bomb.

ha! ok and Im sure thats true but you just dumbed all space special effects down for me, I will pick them all apart from now on. hey thats impossible! no not today!

Trinary
May 9th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Kino firing laser is much useful than C4. At least, it could neutralize multiple threats before the team arrived on the other side of the gate.

Ragitsu
May 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM
But there was an atmosphere on the other side of the gate not a vacuum.

That is not what I was contesting. I just dislike it when false assertions are made, because it spreads misinformation.

KEK
May 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Against what? The shrapnel from a tiny Kino? What's that going to do?

Mike.
May 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Ruin their paint job obviously. They'll be so embarrassed... All the other smurfs would start laughing at them and forget about Destiny.

pipi
May 9th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Ruin their paint job obviously. They'll be so embarrassed... All the other smurfs would start laughing at them and forget about Destiny.

Don't you know the Smurf aliens are perfectionist? If the kinos paint "I Love You" on their ships, they'd be so embarrassed they would have to go home and wash it off before attacking Destiny again. :)

Final
October 8th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Sounds like a good substitute for drones. Painting faces on the kinos would be a fun group activity for the crew as well.
After hitting the intended target: