PDA

View Full Version : Perry/Camile

actuallyliam
May 8th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Was it just me or did others prefer Perry too Camile?, It's the first time when the stones have been used, this thought cross my mind, I was actually wondering if Camile was going too die when Perry began too have that seizure or whatever it was, if the writers were writing off Camile Lets face it Camile has brought little too the show as far as story goes. Perry was a better fit and she wanted too be there. The only character besides Rush possibly. Thoughts?

kcatlantis
May 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Was it just me or did others prefer Perry too Camile?, It's the first time when the stones have been used, this thought cross my mind, I was actually wondering if Camile was going too die when Perry began too have that seizure or whatever it was, if the writers were writing off Camile Lets face it Camile has brought little too the show as far as story goes. Perry was a better fit and she wanted too be there. The only character besides Rush possibly. Thoughts?

I think it would be awesome to get rid of her, but I don't like the IOA at all so.

erotavlas
May 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I like Camile for her strength/ determination in volunteering to swap into Perry's body and managing to endure it for the required length of time. I wouldn't say she brings little to the show. She's the voice of the non-military on board and she's done a good job at that: voicing her opinion when needed on behalf of the rest, and standing up for what is right.

Perry was great as well. She wanted to be there, true, and had a childlike appreciation for the experiences she was given. But if she replaced Camile, then we would still need another Camile like character to represent the others who do not want to be there as much as Rush or Perry and may not be so happy with the situation.

An-Alteran
May 8th, 2010, 01:25 PM
If Wray was killed off and replaced with Perry, that would be an improvement.
But the fact that she would be in Camille's body means that two actor's would be being paid to play the same role and Camille's body would be the real body.

But Camille's role could easily be replaced by Cloe.

Mr chuckles
May 8th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'd prefer Perry over Camille.

Avenger
May 8th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I find it completely absurd that people think that because they don't like a character that the characters doesn't bring anything to a show or doesn't do anything.

Stormtrooper
May 8th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I also liked Dr. Perry. Bring her to Destiny so the ship can fix her :D

hisg1fans
May 8th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I found this whole story line incredibly boring.

Trinary
May 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I think it a bit selfish to put Amanda Perry on Destiny permanently. SGC will lost one of the best Hyperdrive Engineer just for sake putting the right people on the ship. I preferred Amanda Perry do some improvement on Hyperdrive base on Wormhole Drive on Earth to have a spaceship chasing the Destiny and save it's crews back home.

hiro
May 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
don't forget that somebody said that if a person of one side dies , the other side dies too

Deni writes: “Hey Joe? If Mandy had died while Camille was in her body, who would have died? Mandy, right?”

Answer: Past experience suggests they would both die.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/may-7-2010-coast-restaurant-mini-mailbag/

Kaeb
May 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mandy reminded me of River Tam Firefly.

KEK
May 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Well, other than the coup attempt, arguably the most important event of the first season, yes. :rolleyes:

Azzers
May 8th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Mandy reminded me of River Tam Firefly.

Honestly, this is why I was not a huge fan of Perry. She was too quirky. And while that's not a bad thing per se, I don't think a Whedon style quirky charecter fits into the story long term. Then again, Perry might not actually be that quirky, she's just obviously gotten to walk, eat, move, and enjoy life for the first time in years. We might find a few episodes in that she's no longer nearly as quirky of a charecter.

Strongly disagree with the premise that Wray needs to go. I do wonder what they're thinking about doing with her storyline though.

Tuvok
May 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM

There are moments when I truly dislike Camille. However I cannot doubt that when she does wrong she does it for the right reasons. That being said she earned huge respect for her strength of will loaning Perry her body. I do prefer Perry over Wray , but I think Wray belongs on Destiny, a third voice over the survival vs science debate.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I find it completely absurd that people think that because they don't like a character that the characters doesn't bring anything to a show or doesn't do anything.I don't like Camille at all but that being said, she brings a hell of a lot to the show, if for no other reason that I don;t like her :) Okay, there's a lot more than that to her but it's always great that not *everybody* gets along, or it would just be so much group-think.

Honestly, this is why I was not a huge fan of Perry. She was too quirky. And while that's not a bad thing per se, I don't think a Whedon style quirky charecter fits into the story long term. Then again, Perry might not actually be that quirky, she's just obviously gotten to walk, eat, move, and enjoy life for the first time in years. We might find a few episodes in that she's no longer nearly as quirky of a charecter.

Strongly disagree with the premise that Wray needs to go. I do wonder what they're thinking about doing with her storyline though.

River Tam....you know who's *really* like River Tam? Franklin...provided he's now disappeared into the ship. Now you're thinking of Franklin dancing and being all graceful, aren't you? mwahhahahaha...evil, it's just one of the gifts I bring

As for Perry: it would be great if she got to visit the Destiny, but to stay? It's too much. Part of the deal was that her being there for such a short time was so poignant precisely because she had to leave

pipi
May 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM
If Camille died, it'd put an end to the whole civilian government movement. Less drama, less forum whinging.

Eestlanna
May 9th, 2010, 04:06 AM
For me this whole civilian thing on that ship is a bit absurd. This is clearly a military situation and remains one until they get back home. Until then they are actually in permanent danger. Camille is mainly just a disrupter. As a strong person she should help to calm the civilians down not the opposite.

magictrick
May 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Actually if Camille would have died, Perry would have as well. It was shown in the SG-1 episode Avalon part 2 when Vala and Daniel first use the stones to get to the Ori galaxy.

When Vala gets burned alive and dies briefly (before being brought back to life by the prior) her body at the SGC also dies.

jelgate
May 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Actually if Camille would have died, Perry would have as well. It was shown in the SG-1 episode Avalon part 2 when Vala and Daniel first use the stones to get to the Ori galaxy.

When Vala gets burned alive and dies briefly (before being brought back to life by the prior) her body at the SGC also dies.
I don't think we can apply the same rules as the Avalon stones. You'll recall when Daniel and Vala took over, the minds of Harrid and Salas were surpressed. That obviously doesn't happen in SGU

Eternal Density
May 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I prefer Mandy to Camille (mainly in terms of general demeanor); that said, it would be a big loss to lose Camille.

I don't think we can apply the same rules as the Avalon stones. You'll recall when Daniel and Vala took over, the minds of Harrid and Salas were surpressed. That obviously doesn't happen in SGUI think that's what happened to Lt James though. That was a 1-way Avalon-style switch, while most of what we've seen in SGU so far is like what happened to Dr Keller.

jelgate
May 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I prefer Mandy to Camille (mainly in terms of general demeanor); that said, it would be a big loss to lose Camille.

I think that's what happened to Lt James though. That was a 1-way Avalon-style switch, while most of what we've seen in SGU so far is like what happened to Dr Keller.

But James was asleep. The transfer of consciousness would make James as an alien sleeping