Perry/Camile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perry/Camile

Was it just me or did others prefer Perry too Camile?, It's the first time when the stones have been used, this thought cross my mind, I was actually wondering
    Spoiler:
    if Camile was going too die when Perry began too have that seizure or whatever it was, if the writers were writing off Camile
    Lets face it Camile has brought little too the show as far as story goes. Perry was a better fit and she wanted too be there. The only character besides Rush possibly. Thoughts?

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
    Was it just me or did others prefer Perry too Camile?, It's the first time when the stones have been used, this thought cross my mind, I was actually wondering
    Spoiler:
    if Camile was going too die when Perry began too have that seizure or whatever it was, if the writers were writing off Camile
    Lets face it Camile has brought little too the show as far as story goes. Perry was a better fit and she wanted too be there. The only character besides Rush possibly. Thoughts?
    I think it would be awesome to get rid of her, but I don't like the IOA at all so.
    thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

I like Camile for her strength/ determination in volunteering to swap into Perry's body and managing to endure it for the required length of time. I wouldn't say she brings little to the show. She's the voice of the non-military on board and she's done a good job at that: voicing her opinion when needed on behalf of the rest, and standing up for what is right.

Perry was great as well. She wanted to be there, true, and had a childlike appreciation for the experiences she was given. But if she replaced Camile, then we would still need another Camile like character to represent the others who do not want to be there as much as Rush or Perry and may not be so happy with the situation.

Comment

If Wray was killed off and replaced with Perry, that would be an improvement.
        But the fact that she would be in Camille's body means that two actor's would be being paid to play the same role and Camille's body would be the real body.

But Camille's role could easily be replaced by Cloe.

Comment

I'd prefer Perry over Camille.

Comment

I find it completely absurd that people think that because they don't like a character that the characters doesn't bring anything to a show or doesn't do anything.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I also liked Dr. Perry. Bring her to Destiny so the ship can fix her
              sigpic

Comment

I found this whole story line incredibly boring.

Comment

I think it a bit selfish to put Amanda Perry on Destiny permanently. SGC will lost one of the best Hyperdrive Engineer just for sake putting the right people on the ship. I preferred Amanda Perry do some improvement on Hyperdrive base on Wormhole Drive on Earth to have a spaceship chasing the Destiny and save it's crews back home.

Comment

don't forget that somebody said that if a person of one side dies , the other side dies too

Deni writes: “Hey Joe? If Mandy had died while Camille was in her body, who would have died? Mandy, right?”

Answer: Past experience suggests they would both die.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-mini-mailbag/
                    Last edited by hiro; 08 May 2010, 05:15 PM. Reason: little bug
                    Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Mandy reminded me of River Tam Firefly.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Well, other than the coup attempt, arguably the most important event of the first season, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                          Mandy reminded me of River Tam Firefly.
                          Honestly, this is why I was not a huge fan of Perry. She was too quirky. And while that's not a bad thing per se, I don't think a Whedon style quirky charecter fits into the story long term. Then again, Perry might not actually be that quirky, she's just obviously gotten to walk, eat, move, and enjoy life for the first time in years. We might find a few episodes in that she's no longer nearly as quirky of a charecter.

Strongly disagree with the premise that Wray needs to go. I do wonder what they're thinking about doing with her storyline though.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            There are moments when I truly dislike Camille. However I cannot doubt that when she does wrong she does it for the right reasons. That being said she earned huge respect for her strength of will loaning Perry her body. I do prefer Perry over Wray , but I think Wray belongs on Destiny, a third voice over the survival vs science debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                              I find it completely absurd that people think that because they don't like a character that the characters doesn't bring anything to a show or doesn't do anything.
                              I don't like Camille at all but that being said, she brings a hell of a lot to the show, if for no other reason that I don;t like her Okay, there's a lot more than that to her but it's always great that not *everybody* gets along, or it would just be so much group-think.

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                              Honestly, this is why I was not a huge fan of Perry. She was too quirky. And while that's not a bad thing per se, I don't think a Whedon style quirky charecter fits into the story long term. Then again, Perry might not actually be that quirky, she's just obviously gotten to walk, eat, move, and enjoy life for the first time in years. We might find a few episodes in that she's no longer nearly as quirky of a charecter.

Strongly disagree with the premise that Wray needs to go. I do wonder what they're thinking about doing with her storyline though.
                              River Tam....you know who's *really* like River Tam? Franklin...provided he's now disappeared into the ship. Now you're thinking of Franklin dancing and being all graceful, aren't you? mwahhahahaha...evil, it's just one of the gifts I bring

As for Perry: it would be great if she got to visit the Destiny, but to stay? It's too much. Part of the deal was that her being there for such a short time was so poignant precisely because she had to leave
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X