PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on resolving the last ep's cliff hanger?

Esquin
May 8th, 2010, 02:17 AM
So how did you all feel about the way they resolved the stuff from lost?

Personally I felt a bit let down, that whole arc was really great and they just seemed to resolve the stranded team issue a little too easily. It was a great episode on it's own but considering the way they resolved Lost it felt a little too easy.

Infinite-Possibilities
May 8th, 2010, 02:39 AM
It was probably one of the most anticlimactic payoffs I've ever seen.

KEK
May 8th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Agreed, though there was that much going on I barely noticed to be honest...

escyos
May 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM
it was ok, i was expecting the blue aliens (anyone known when they gate aboard?). but when rush said it was ok, i knew what was going on.

Phenom
May 8th, 2010, 03:07 AM
It was a little weird wasn't it. It was kind of like where you lose your toothbrush and then you look behind the mouth wash and go 'oh there it was' and go back to life as normal.

Just lacked a bit of something, maybe a bit from the stranded trio's end may have been a bit more exciting, but it didn't detract from the ep for mine. They went on with other exciting things so no biggie.

reddevil18
May 8th, 2010, 03:44 AM
It was anticlimactic and entirely predictable. But it was also the only way to do it in the current situation. Which is why it was predictable.

I'd have liked them to do a parallel story, with them continuing their planet-hopping and meeting advanced cultures, hoping for a ride out of the galaxy. And it would all end in failure, with them dying, but hey...Can't have it all.

g.o.d
May 8th, 2010, 03:44 AM
probably the worst and stupidiest thing on SGU so far

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Had to happen. The three were main characters, and short of spending weeks off ship and somehow getting back to the Destiny via aliens, this was about it.

It doesn't deter last week's ending in the slightest for me. I can't fault the show for bringing the three back home nice and simple-like. It happened. We're all over it. (And FYI, Rush's return was just as predictable to me, but that doesn't make Justice's cliffie any less great).

Pharaoh Atem
May 8th, 2010, 04:08 AM

and that's the best post i've ever read from you. and i agree.

garhkal
May 8th, 2010, 05:04 AM
it was ok, i was expecting the blue aliens (anyone known when they gate aboard?). but when rush said it was ok, i knew what was going on.

Initial when they had the gate dialing, i was hoping it WAS the blue aliens, and that preview we saw of them was coming true. BUT then i realized that after rush told greer it is ok, that it was what they planned to do for the trio left.
So yes it was to me anticlimactic.

JustAnotherVoice
May 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Had to happen. The three were main characters, and short of spending weeks off ship and somehow getting back to the Destiny via aliens, this was about it.

I would have preferred a "Helo on Caprica" mini arc with the blues eventually caputuring them, then holding them for ransom, with a blow off early next season. I would have liked to see Eli being the 3rd wheel instead of just a reference to it.

Lt. Jeffer
May 8th, 2010, 05:24 AM
i was very disapointed how they got back when they step through the gate i just tought thats it ?
and the three was to calm it was almost like they just had a nice picknick and came home

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 06:10 AM
it seemed a bit too... easy.

Commander Zelix
May 8th, 2010, 06:17 AM
It was crap.

actuallyliam
May 8th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I think the worst part was this is the second time, they have left characters behind only for them too catch up the next episode, it pretty much makes "Lost" a rubbish episode, It was all about getting them back and they practically walk back. On other notes, for example destiny stopping so they could get back aboard, this would make sense possibly, if the destiny hadn't left the 2 people who gated off the Desert Planet in "Air Part 3" behind.

I was wishing that it going too be a major story arc, like they were going too find a way home. Or at least investigate the aliens. Was looking forward too it, they set all the ground work there. Yet no pay off, They had Scott (John), Eli (Mckay/Carter) and Chloe (Daniel). If we are indeed at the edge of the galaxy does that mean that these aliens are not going too return.

Gollumpus
May 8th, 2010, 07:35 AM
It did seem all a bit rushed. It's as though the creators of SGU were writing some kind of final exam and they had spent most of their time doing the first few questions. When the announcement was made that there was only five minutes left, they had to scramble to try to wrap up the various story threads before time was fully up (or Destiny had left the current galaxy).

regards,
G.

Esquin
May 8th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I think a mini arc would have been amazing, all building up to a bigger cliff hanger at the end of the season.

But hey we're not the writers so we don't get to make these choices, and in the interests of not causing trouble and keeping to the "positive attitude" thing i'll not give my opinion on why this sorta stuffs been going on more and more.

Hopefully though they learn and really start to put in some suspenseful and action packed long term stuff next season.

dacooker
May 8th, 2010, 07:46 AM
As Sabotage progressed, they didn't really mention the 3 left behind, besides saying they can't be saved. I was getting the feeling as the episode went on, that maybe they won't get back right away. Maybe it may take a few episodes with some 'REALLY' creative writing. The FTL drive blows, then they get an off world activation, and presto guess whois back. I guess keeping it simple works.

jelgate
May 8th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Froma logical POV it made sense. But from a story POV it was quite mundane and predictible.

Major_Griff
May 8th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Totally lame to bring them back like that. I was hoping for a long story arc with them on their own at least for the rest of the season. And story wise non of these characters are essential to have on the Destiny because any thing Scott can do could be done by Young, Greer, or James, anything Eli can do could be done by Rush, Volker, or Brody (I know he supposedly smarter than all of them but still) and Chloe doesn't really have a job on the ship. So, like I said story wise they could have kept them separated from Destiny for a while and not miss anything. Very disappointing that they resolved this in this way. Totally makes the whole epsiode of 'Lost' pointless.

Krazeh
May 8th, 2010, 08:08 AM
The only way they could have been away from the Destiny for a while would have been for them to have been found by the Blue Aliens and transported across the void by them. And I'm sure had that been the case then there'd have been plenty of people whinging that it was a "lame" way to deal with it.

Lt. Jeffer
May 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
i just hope there will be an kinosode with any explaination what happend in the time between the end of lost and when they showed up in sabotage

Krazeh
May 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah, that's what we need, a kino episode of them exploring the planet they think they're stranded on until the remote beeps and they notice the Destiny is in range. That'd be fascinating...

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Shame they didn't have a Kino on hand.

Vn70072
May 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
It might've been a bit anti-climactic, but it made sense with the rest of what happened. The three of them were probably sitting there without a clue what to do when poof, Destiny showed back up on the list due to the sabotage of her drive. Serendipity. Stranger things have happened in real life.

Though I do agree with some of the posters above that a mini-arc with some lost people trying to shadow Destiny's path and catch up, I don't think this would've been quite the time to do it, barring exceptional intervention to get them along to the ship again eventually, because these gates are not even intra-galactic..

Now if they'd taken a hydraulic phase shift emulator, and attached it to the transdimensional photon particle emitter and were now suddenly able to dial on to a ship that was in FTL, that would've bothered me... -.-

aaobuttons
May 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
It would have been nice to have some sort of resolution between the losties and Greer. They thought he was dead and he had survivors guilt. They were in the gateroom together but there was just a quick quip and then everything was back to normal. That was the letdown for me.

Paladine
May 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
The only good thing to come of it was the comment by Eli about being the 3rd wheel and Chloe and Lt. Scott hearing that turned to look at each other.

I'm hoping Eli cuts that skank off and isn't her "friendzone buddy" any more. He definately seemed to avoid her after that.

mrshorty
May 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Its like running across a field swarmed with replicators and a battalion of Jaffas then dial back and pass the gate without explaining how they got there :)

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Its like running across a field swarmed with replicators and a battalion of Jaffas then dial back and pass the gate without explaining how they got there :)

But they did explain how they got back. Dialed the gate when it showed up, thought the kiddies back home had rescued them. Chloe was so happy, she took her hat off.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Looking at this show as a whole I think the writers will come back to it. Who knows, maybe the Blues brainwashed them then sabotaged the Destiny to get them back on the ship... Or just to get Chloe back on the ship. (My crazy prediction.)

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I expected something a bit bigger, but there is that line about the people on Destiny doing something to bring them back. I think that's got to be important at some point. With so many things in this show, I find it hard to believe that they would do something like that without dropping a bomb later on. Nothing comes easy on the Destiny :)

Commander Zelix
May 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Looking at this show as a whole I think the writers will come back to it.
Maybe we'll learn that Rush did it with the paraplegic girl and that Wray now has his baby. We all now Wray is taking contraceptive so she doesn't get pregnant with her husband. :rolleyes: She sign up for it after all...

Badhron
May 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I would have preferred a "Helo on Caprica" mini arc

I was thinking the same thing

s09119
May 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It was rushed but I found it fine. Made perfect sense.

Egle01
May 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM
It was rushed but I found it fine. Made perfect sense.I'd say it's about as good as Rush getting picked up by aliens after "Justice". Would have loved to see more of it, but what we got, is close enough.

Morganrone93
May 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Someone in here already said they got brainwashed, I agree on that point, but adds that they also placed a beacon of some kind on them, like Rush had implanted.

hisg1fans
May 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Agreed. We didn't even get a shot of Scott and Chloe doing the nasty in a strange place. (not that I wanted to mind you, but that seems to be a common theme for TPTB) Only Eli got to see that ;)

Avenger
May 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Without watching the previews for this episode and not knowing that the ship was going to drop out of FTL because something happened to it, I don't think it would have been such a problem. Seeing what was going to happen in the preview made it obvious how they were going to get back.

globex
May 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
This episode felt written by an amateur. They could have had a parallel story running but no...they wanted it to end early. My gawd It was very predicable.

Duneknight
May 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
it wouldve been better if it had happened at the end of this episode. at the same time the aliens were attacking. so Greer will start shooting at them as they come out of the gate, thinking they were gonna be the aliens.

AndSoItBegins
May 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
It would have been nice to have some sort of resolution between the losties and Greer. They thought he was dead and he had survivors guilt. They were in the gateroom together but there was just a quick quip and then everything was back to normal. That was the letdown for me.

Agree. These people shouldn't be just caught off guard that Greer is on the ship; they should be floored that he's alive. Remember the main reason why they left him so quickly was because they figured he was dead. But when they saw Greer on their return they had the reaction of folks who were shocked that their co-worker had unexpectedly returned two weeks early from a summer vacation. Ridiculous. Actually Scott had that reaction. Eli didn't seem to notice at all and was more invested in returning Rush's glasses. And Chloe was more in awe that the Destiny crew had not intentionally retrieved them from whatever planet they were stuck on. But none of them actually seemed truly floored that Greer was alive. It's as if the writers didn't feel any emotional closure was needed regarding the four of them reuniting safe and sound on Destiny. Hell, the way the writers scripted it Greer might have as well been a lost IPod that the three got a kick out of learniing had been found safe and sound while they were away. But I suppose some characters on this show aren't supposed to get those emotional and personal moments.

AndSoItBegins
May 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Totally lame to bring them back like that. I was hoping for a long story arc with them on their own at least for the rest of the season. And story wise non of these characters are essential to have on the Destiny because any thing Scott can do could be done by Young, Greer, or James,

Oh, heck no. TPTB couldn't possibly conceive giving any of Scott's screen time to Greer or have Greer perform an important role that they feel is more suited for Scott. They wouldn't think of it. Scott HAD to come back quickly.

Puddle-Jumper
May 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
It did feel a bit rushed, but it made sense all the same

Commander Zelix
May 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Agree. These people shouldn't be just caught off guard that Greer is on the ship; they should be floored that he's alive. Remember the main reason why they left him so quickly was because they figured he was dead. But when they saw Greer on their return they had the reaction of folks who were shocked that their co-worker had unexpectedly returned two weeks early from a summer vacation. Ridiculous. Actually Scott had that reaction. Eli didn't seem to notice at all and was more invested in returning Rush's glasses. And Chloe was more in awe that the Destiny crew had not intentionally retrieved them from whatever planet they were stuck on. But none of them actually seemed truly floored that Greer was alive. It's as if the writers didn't feel any emotional closure was needed regarding the four of them reuniting safe and sound on Destiny. Hell, the way the writers scripted it Greer might have as well been a lost IPod that the three got a kick out founding out was found safe and sound while they were away. But I suppose some characters on this show aren't supposed to get those emotional and personal moments.
LOL

You're right that was horrible.

Scott:"Oh man you're there!!"
Greer:"Yeah I took a cab"
Eli:"Whatever. Hey Rush!! I got your glasses"

Phenomenological
May 8th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I agree the return was terribly underplayed. Pretty much no emotion on anyone's part, very brief, huge anticlimax after what happened in Lost. It's irrelevant if they do something with it later on, it was a pretty bad way to end the story ark regardless. But the rest of the episode made up for it.

Commander Zelix
May 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I forgot to add that Greer never have been so happy to see Scott in his life... apparently. That is after Scott and the rest left him for dead on the planet!?! Ok, Greer may not be angry with them, but you still a little shaken by it a bit. I didn't even notice before their arrival that Scott and Greer were *such* good friend until the guy left him for dead under the rumble!!!

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Nahhhh, that was too easy. Something is brewing/amiss. Look back to Rush and Chloe's 'escape' from the Blues. Plus the Blues were at the planet that Eli, Scott and Chloe were stranded on when they dialed back from Destiny.

Although Greer and Scott’s re-acquaintance was not what I expected it to be.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
This episode felt written by an amateur. They could have had a parallel story running but no...they wanted it to end early. My gawd It was very predicable.
did you predict Franklin disappearing? I know I didn't see that comin :D

dxdjames
May 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
It was a pretty cheap way of resolving an otherwise great story arc.

Carter1994
May 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I forgot to add that Greer never have been so happy to see Scott in his life... apparently. That is after Scott and the rest left him for dead on the planet!?! Ok, Greer may not be angry with them, but you still a little shaken by it a bit. I didn't even notice before their arrival that Scott and Greer were *such* good friend until the guy left him for dead under the rumble!!!

I have to respectfully disagree, Commander Zelix. I've always felt that Greer and Scott had a strong, brother-to-brother relationship (most notably in Air II & III, Space). When Scott makes the decision to leave him behind, the look of absolute anguish on his face shows that he hates the choice he's making. Chloe (of all people) actually hits the nail on the head--"Are you just saying that because you think you need to get us out of here?". If Scott had only been concerned with his person, I think he would have stayed. But he needed to get Chloe and Eli to safety, so his choice makes sense to me.

If Scott & company had gotten back before Destiny jumped into FTL, Greer's reaction probably would have been more stiff. As it was, however, Greer made it--but his best friend didn't. For all intents and purposes, the trio was 'dead' to those remaining on Destiny.[I] As we've seen from [I]Time, Greer takes his job very seriously, and he probably felt that he'd let them down. I'd say he would have switched himself with the others in a heartbeat, if given the choice.

So. Greer's lost some good friends, he's beating himself up about it, he thinks they're about to be boarded by a unknown potential threat, and out steps... his friends. Were I in Greer's position, I'd do exactly the same thing he did. I'd also blame the shallowness on time cuts... and possibly writer's bias. Anyway...

To the initial question, yeah. The return felt ridiculously abrupt, timing was off, and it was just... weird. To me, Universe has been annoyingly tedious in stretching out storylines as far as possible, so this was extremely out of place. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love for them to find out that the aliens did something to Scott & co... after all, when the Kino was sent back it was promptly met with laser fire from certain creatures... If not this or some other odd happening, it would have been wiser to end the plotline with Lost. All IMHO, naturally. ;)

Stranded
May 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Froma logical POV it made sense. But from a story POV it was quite mundane and predictible.

Summed it up perfectly.

I was disappointed as I was hoping for something more. Sure, they got back the next episode... but even just showing them being surprised when Destiny appears on the remote would have been better than hearing it from them IMO. Better payoff to actually see the shock on their faces when they realise they've been given another chance.

I'm still watching SGU and I never once considered doing otherwise so this isn't a deal breaker for me... but I do hope that we don't have this happening too often. I want to be entertained, and seeing it in action = more entertaining than people talking to one another about how they were able to return.

mparsons1981
May 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Its an absolute joke. A farce. Really bad writing...

Unless,

its not what we think!!!

I remain hopeful, maybe that chloe et all are not actually who we think they are. After all we know at this point know nothing about the blue aliens or other races who might show up. It could be that the blue aliens have somehow impersonated the three of them,

Perhaps the sabotage of the ship and attempted boarding were just a diversion, meant to get 3 intruders of the ship under the guise of the 3 characters.

This would allow for instance the 3 actors to remain on the show without the expense of building /constructing lots of sets for all the planets they might go to, and sometime in the future, maybe in season 2, we flash to the 3 of them on a planet somewhere, and we realise that the 3 on the ship are not who we thought they were?

Much like bashir in ds9?

Stranded
May 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM
mparsons1981, you might actually be on to something. I originally thought of this when I was watching the show, then dismissed the idea.

However, when they were thinking about returning to the planet, Eli was protesting about the necessity of "military procedure" to send the Kino through first. It seemed a perfectly natural reaction to me, but maybe they aren't who they seem and Eli had hoped they would travel blind, and give the blue aliens a couple of extra prisoners.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Come on people, this is not the end of this story arc... In my opinion Scott, Chloe and Eli were acting a bit off when they returned.

HaMm3r
May 8th, 2010, 08:58 PM
As with many of those who posted before, I felt let down by the "Lost" story closure. There truly was some fantastic emotional build-up in that last episode, and to just blow all that off was such a waste. Let's hope that some of the confusion, resentment, anger and even self-confidence issues Greer must feel will come out in future eps.

On the other hand, the Rush/Perry story was handled very well, but it still feels as if the Greer/Chloe/Scott/Eli arc was just dumped to make way for the new emotional rollercoaster.

Also, we learned one interesting tidbit about these older SGU stargates. When Eli is talking about the trio's time on the planet, he mentions that "on the second night the remote just lit up". So, from that we can gather that these gates have a range longer than the distance Destiny can cover in roughly 36 hours at FTL speeds. Granted, there's no way to make a precise estimate, given that we don't know the length of a day on that planet or what time of day it was when Destiny jumped. But, it was light when they got stranded so it had to have been more than one planetary rotation. We also saw evidence on the ship that at least one "night" had past, so I'm calling it 36 hours. Even if you don't agree, you have to admit that the gate range is a heck of a lot longer than expected.

AndSoItBegins
May 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Its an absolute joke. A farce. Really bad writing...

Unless,

its not what we think!!!

I remain hopeful, maybe that chloe et all are not actually who we think they are. After all we know at this point know nothing about the blue aliens or other races who might show up. It could be that the blue aliens have somehow impersonated the three of them,

Perhaps the sabotage of the ship and attempted boarding were just a diversion, meant to get 3 intruders of the ship under the guise of the 3 characters.

This would allow for instance the 3 actors to remain on the show without the expense of building /constructing lots of sets for all the planets they might go to, and sometime in the future, maybe in season 2, we flash to the 3 of them on a planet somewhere, and we realise that the 3 on the ship are not who we thought they were?

Much like bashir in ds9?

So even the imposter Scott gets to sleep (as we saw during the music montage) with the imposter Chloe. Man, some guys get all the luck. Meanwhile Eli’s clone/imitator still can’t get laid.

You know even if this turns out to be the case it still doesn’t justify the sloppy execution of the reunion IMO.

Morganrone93
May 9th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Oh my god, I just had a terrible idea.

WHAT IF.

Chloe, Scott and Eli, are the blue aliens in disguise, or temporary taken control over their minds?, Or are clones?

on the trailer we see 3 aliens come through the gate, what if they are the trio?

I love being crazy. Mohahaha.

Duneknight
May 9th, 2010, 03:27 AM
thats enough people, dont get us all paranoid. they are the real Eli, Scott, Chloe, you cant say they arent like that for no reason. or else we couldve just contemplated that Rush and Chloe from Space werent real either. and then when the season ends, we wont know whoes real or not. these aliens havent showed interest in cloning, what they wanted was the location of the ship and they seem pretty confident enough to think they will destroy it with their ships or else why would they keep attacking? if indeed they sent chloe, eli and Scott then why would they reveal themselves on that planet and why would they attack? kind of a waste of alien tax dollars dont you think?

Phenomenological
May 9th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Whoa hang on this is actually starting to make sense.

As stated by someone above, the gate seemed to dial a longer range than we thought was possible, if we assume 36 hours in FTL or thereabouts. That would imply more energy being fed into the gate - Maybe the blues hooked up a power supply. That in turn would imply the blues wanted those three to return. Whether they were brainwashed, blues in suits, or they have no idea what's happening and the aliens stealthily connected a power core to the gate when they weren't looking, I don't know.

They probably assumed the humans wouldn't be able to fix the FTL drive, and would just come through the gate without sending a Kino first. That way, they could easily take out everyone coming through and take the ship as their own. They just didn't anticipate how cautious Young would be about going to the planet, or that they would bring in outside help to fix the drive.

Just a theory stringing a few things from the thread together.

Duneknight
May 9th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Whoa hang on this is actually starting to make sense.

As stated by someone above, the gate seemed to dial a longer range than we thought was possible, if we assume 36 hours in FTL or thereabouts. That would imply more energy being fed into the gate - Maybe the blues hooked up a power supply. That in turn would imply the blues wanted those three to return. Whether they were brainwashed, blues in suits, or they have no idea what's happening and the aliens stealthily connected a power core to the gate when they weren't looking, I don't know.

They probably assumed the humans wouldn't be able to fix the FTL drive, and would just come through the gate without sending a Kino first. That way, they could easily take out everyone coming through and take the ship as their own. They just didn't anticipate how cautious Young would be about going to the planet, or that they would bring in outside help to fix the drive.

Just a theory stringing a few things from the thread together.

youre forgetting that Rush predicted their return. the guy knows stuff better than any of us, dont you think he wouldve suspected what you are contemplateing if it were true?

Duneknight
May 9th, 2010, 03:51 AM
one other thing, how did the aliens find the trio in the first place? does Chloe have a tracking device in her as well? or which is more likely, Eli activiated the automatic tracking system of the wrecked alien ship when he browsed through that thing.

Buck32
May 9th, 2010, 03:56 AM
So how did you all feel about the way they resolved the stuff from lost?

Personally I felt a bit let down, that whole arc was really great and they just seemed to resolve the stranded team issue a little too easily. It was a great episode on it's own but considering the way they resolved Lost it felt a little too easy.

it was fairly anti climactic, but it's not like they were ever gonna be truly left behind, and who knows maybe one day they'll do flashbacks to what happened with the 3 of them stranded on the planet. Although from what Eli says in the episode it wouldn't probably be to adult!!

Buck32
May 9th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Nahhhh, that was too easy. Something is brewing/amiss. Look back to Rush and Chloe's 'escape' from the Blues. Plus the Blues were at the planet that Eli, Scott and Chloe were stranded on when they dialed back from Destiny.

Although Greer and Scott’s re-acquaintance was not what I expected it to be.

I would like to think you're onto something, because that would be pretty interesting, if not original, ( like someone else has stated, Dr Bashir in DS9 anyone?). But it's just as likely that it was a quick resolution to Lost.

Phenomenological
May 9th, 2010, 05:33 AM
youre forgetting that Rush predicted their return. the guy knows stuff better than any of us, dont you think he wouldve suspected what you are contemplateing if it were true?

Maybe he does suspect it and hasn't said yet, we've seen that before. Or maybe he was too wrapped up with other things. He isn't infallible.

Duneknight
May 9th, 2010, 05:40 AM
he could be hiding the fact, but since he got kidnapped by them and most certainly hates them, he wouldve warned Young about the possiblity. so they can test to see if its really them.

garhkal
May 9th, 2010, 05:41 AM
one other thing, how did the aliens find the trio in the first place? does Chloe have a tracking device in her as well? or which is more likely, Eli activiated the automatic tracking system of the wrecked alien ship when he browsed through that thing.

Well, they did not need to as we saw from chloe's touching of that screen/reading of it, they already predicted where the destiny would leave the galaxy, so maybe they already knew of that planet...

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM

Well originally Rush wanted a security team at the gate when there was an unexpected incoming wormhole. After the gate connected the Kino-pad could have sent a code alerting Destiny that it was a person holding a Kino-pad. Similarly to our own GDOs. After Rush realized it was them he called the security team to back down. Otherwise why would he call for a security team in the first place?

Also, there was an interesting point made about the gates dialing farther than they should have and it could be due to the Blues feeding energy to the gate. Very interesting. The blues's are very cunning/sneeky.

Trinary
May 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
The problem is the standard procedure being ignored by the military guy. Scott should ask a permission first before boarding the Destiny using walkie-talkie.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
The problem is the standard procedure being ignored by the military guy. Scott should ask a permission first before boarding the Destiny using walkie-talkie.

Yes, I have found that a lot of the protocols that were in place at the SGC and Atlantis are being ignored. Makes for more stories though.

Major_Griff
May 9th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I just assumed Scott radioed in after Rush called for the security team. I don't remember there being any evidence of the kino controller sending an idc (for lack of a better term), and I don't see that as necessary since you can only dial these gates with the kino controller from off ship.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 9th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I just assumed Scott radioed in after Rush called for the security team. I don't remember there being any evidence of the kino controller sending an idc (for lack of a better term), and I don't see that as necessary since you can only dial these gates with the kino controller from off ship.

Or that. That would be the most parsimonious answer.

Infinite-Possibilities
May 10th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I have to respectfully disagree, Commander Zelix. I've always felt that Greer and Scott had a strong, brother-to-brother relationship (most notably in Air II & III, Space). When Scott makes the decision to leave him behind, the look of absolute anguish on his face shows that he hates the choice he's making. Chloe (of all people) actually hits the nail on the head--"Are you just saying that because you think you need to get us out of here?". If Scott had only been concerned with his person, I think he would have stayed. But he needed to get Chloe and Eli to safety, so his choice makes sense to me.

If Scott & company had gotten back before Destiny jumped into FTL, Greer's reaction probably would have been more stiff. As it was, however, Greer made it--but his best friend didn't. For all intents and purposes, the trio was 'dead' to those remaining on Destiny.[I] As we've seen from [I]Time, Greer takes his job very seriously, and he probably felt that he'd let them down. I'd say he would have switched himself with the others in a heartbeat, if given the choice.

So. Greer's lost some good friends, he's beating himself up about it, he thinks they're about to be boarded by a unknown potential threat, and out steps... his friends. Were I in Greer's position, I'd do exactly the same thing he did. I'd also blame the shallowness on time cuts... and possibly writer's bias. Anyway...

To the initial question, yeah. The return felt ridiculously abrupt, timing was off, and it was just... weird. To me, Universe has been annoyingly tedious in stretching out storylines as far as possible, so this was extremely out of place. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love for them to find out that the aliens did something to Scott & co... after all, when the Kino was sent back it was promptly met with laser fire from certain creatures... If not this or some other odd happening, it would have been wiser to end the plotline with Lost. All IMHO, naturally. ;)

i agree with you on Scott and Greer's relationship. In fact I found their friendship is probably one of the more refreshing aspects of the show. Anyway, in retrospect I suppose while I didn't think the incredibly anticlimactic return of the 3 of them was a big deal per say, it did seem pretty silly that the whole cliffhanger was rendered so pointless so quickly. So far anyway, there appears to have been zero consequences from Eli failing to dial the ship on the planet at the end of the previous episode rather than slightly later. With Rush for example, even though he made it back to the Destiny 1 episode after Young left him alone on the planet, it made a lot of difference that he was left on the planet rather than making it back to te Destiny with Young. In this case, apparently it made no difference that he failed to do it the first time, so why did they even do that in the first place?