Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on resolving the last ep's cliff hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on resolving the last ep's cliff hanger?

So how did you all feel about the way they resolved the stuff from lost?

Personally I felt a bit let down, that whole arc was really great and they just seemed to resolve the stranded team issue a little too easily. It was a great episode on it's own but considering the way they resolved Lost it felt a little too easy.

It was probably one of the most anticlimactic payoffs I've ever seen.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Agreed, though there was that much going on I barely noticed to be honest...

Comment

it was ok, i was expecting the blue aliens (anyone known when they gate aboard?). but when rush said it was ok, i knew what was going on.

Comment

It was a little weird wasn't it. It was kind of like where you lose your toothbrush and then you look behind the mouth wash and go 'oh there it was' and go back to life as normal.

Just lacked a bit of something, maybe a bit from the stranded trio's end may have been a bit more exciting, but it didn't detract from the ep for mine. They went on with other exciting things so no biggie.
          sigpic

Comment

It was anticlimactic and entirely predictable. But it was also the only way to do it in the current situation. Which is why it was predictable.

I'd have liked them to do a parallel story, with them continuing their planet-hopping and meeting advanced cultures, hoping for a ride out of the galaxy. And it would all end in failure, with them dying, but hey...Can't have it all.

Comment

probably the worst and stupidiest thing on SGU so far
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Had to happen. The three were main characters, and short of spending weeks off ship and somehow getting back to the Destiny via aliens, this was about it.

It doesn't deter last week's ending in the slightest for me. I can't fault the show for bringing the three back home nice and simple-like. It happened. We're all over it. (And FYI, Rush's return was just as predictable to me, but that doesn't make Justice's cliffie any less great).
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  It was probably one of the most anticlimactic payoffs I've ever seen.
                  and that's the best post i've ever read from you. and i agree.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    it was ok, i was expecting the blue aliens (anyone known when they gate aboard?). but when rush said it was ok, i knew what was going on.
                    Initial when they had the gate dialing, i was hoping it WAS the blue aliens, and that preview we saw of them was coming true. BUT then i realized that after rush told greer it is ok, that it was what they planned to do for the trio left.
                    So yes it was to me anticlimactic.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Had to happen. The three were main characters, and short of spending weeks off ship and somehow getting back to the Destiny via aliens, this was about it.
                      I would have preferred a "Helo on Caprica" mini arc with the blues eventually caputuring them, then holding them for ransom, with a blow off early next season. I would have liked to see Eli being the 3rd wheel instead of just a reference to it.

Comment

i was very disapointed how they got back when they step through the gate i just tought thats it ?
                        and the three was to calm it was almost like they just had a nice picknick and came home
                        sigpic

Comment

it seemed a bit too... easy.

Comment

It was crap.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I think the worst part was this is the second time, they have left characters behind only for them too catch up the next episode, it pretty much makes "Lost" a rubbish episode, It was all about getting them back and they practically walk back. On other notes, for example destiny stopping so they could get back aboard, this would make sense possibly, if the destiny hadn't left the 2 people who gated off the Desert Planet in "Air Part 3" behind.

I was wishing that it going too be a major story arc, like they were going too find a way home. Or at least investigate the aliens. Was looking forward too it, they set all the ground work there. Yet no pay off, They had Scott (John), Eli (Mckay/Carter) and Chloe (Daniel). If we are indeed at the edge of the galaxy does that mean that these aliens are not going too return.

Comment

Working...
                              X